• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What do people think about Moussa Dembele from Celtic?

He'd cost around £30-40m I'm guessing, got the name to succeed and Celtic fans love him. I've dismissed the likes of Wanyama and VVD when they've been linked with Arsenal, so this time I'm all for a move for Dembele.

He's only 20, on course for a 30 goal season, played CL, played in England before and dominates for France at youth level.

Malky

Established Member
@THunter Yes! Absolutely.
Dembele would be a top signing, in my opinion. I would be happy if we ditched our English attacking trio ( Theo, OX and Welbeck) and replaced them with Dembele. He looked like every bit a top quality player in the Champions league, the games against Man City they couldn't handle him at times.
In all honesty we should offer them £50-60M and take Tierney and Dembele this summer, both are destined for big clubs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@THunter Yes! Absolutely.
Dembele would be a top signing, in my opinion. I would be happy if we ditched our English attacking trio ( Theo, OX and Welbeck) and replaced them with Dembele. He looked like every bit a top quality player in the Champions league, the games against Man City they couldn't handle him at times.
In all honesty we should offer them £50-60M and take Tierney and Dembele this summer, both are destined for big clubs.
He seems the type of signing Dortmund would make if they sell Aubameyang. Everton looks ideal if they sell Lukaku. Hopefully we're looking at him though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Conflicted between jumping on the Lukaku bandwagon or keeping up my agenda. Being the only one against Lukaku is a bit more of a challenge than just going with everyone else and believing he's on the verge of being world class.

Token Yank

Out: Theo, Ox, Ramsey, Sanchez, Ospina, Perez, Wilshere, Gibbs

In: Mendy, Rabiot, Carrassco, Lacazette, Dembele (Celtic), Sczeney

................................Cech
Bellerin.......Mustafi.....Kos.......Mendy
.....................Xhaka.........Rabiot
Dembele ............Özil............Carrasco
.........................Lacazette

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah that goal has done it for me. Seen as we're unlikely to sign Mbappe or Silva, Thomas Lemar needs to be our left winger next season.

Like a faster Malouda but he's stunning defensively as well, quality, quality player.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Out: Ospina, Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gabriel, Ramsey, Ox, Perez, Özil, Theo.

With one eye on the future and considering a potentially reduced budget due to lack of CL,...

In: Chiotis, Kalogeras, M. Duff, Tobros, Kerr, Moukoko, Papadopoulos, Skalidis.

------------------------Chiotis-------------------------

Bellerin------Mustafi-------Tobros------Kalogeras

------------------------Coquelin-----------------------

------------------Kerr-------------Xhaka--------------

------------------------Moukoko-----------------------

--------------Skalidis-------------Alexis---------------

Subs: Cech, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles, Welbeck, Papadopoulos.

Attacking mentality, pressing on, normal tackling, offside trap on. Goals galore, win the league at a canter. Simple.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah that goal has done it for me. Seen as we're unlikely to sign Mbappe or Silva, Thomas Lemar needs to be our left winger next season.

Like a faster Malouda but he's stunning defensively as well, quality, quality player.
He's quality but even he's been linked to better clubs than us.

We're not even attractive enough for Monaco's tier 2 prospects. Ffs. :lol:

Impact

Established Member
Conflicted between jumping on the Lukaku bandwagon or keeping up my agenda. Being the only one against Lukaku is a bit more of a challenge than just going with everyone else and believing he's on the verge of being world class.

If Lukaku simply maintained his current level of performance, he'd be the best striker here by some distance. Factor in his commitment to succeed and to improve his game makes being a fan a no brainer.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

His lack of technique turns me off. Giroud is sluggish but he is great aerially and has an excellent touch, even Andy Carroll looks like a footballer, Lukaku often doesn't. Drogba and Zlatan are the ultimate big buy no.9s as they have a mix of everything. Cavani and Costa are probably the next group of top quality big forwards.

I just don't see it with Lukaku but his strike rate is incredible considering the teams that he has played for.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm reluctantly coming around to the idea of selling Özil and changing style. He's brilliant, our best player but if selling him made us more dynamic then i could accept it.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------Szczesny
Bellerin-Holding-Koscielny-Kongolo
------------------Xhaka
------Chamberlain-Wilshere
Welbeck------Lacazette-------If there's any justice

Subs: Cech, Mustafi, Gibbs, Tielemans, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Last edited:

I'm sold on this guy. That guy changes direction faster than our season!

carlito'sway

Established Member
The Daily Fail and a couple of papers have mentioned that up to 9 players will leave the club this Summer. Let's go through the guessing exercise. Here is my list:
Debuchy/ Sanogo/ Jenkinson / Joel Campbell / Ramsey/ Jack Wilshere/ Gibbs / Gabriel/ Ospina and/ or perhaps Alexis.

blaise

Not a bad list, we ll see, but if Wenger really reinvented himself Ramsey and Özil should be on top of that list. I can see Ox leaving also.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not a bad list, we ll see, but if Wenger really reinvented himself Ramsey and Özil should be on top of that list. I can see Ox leaving also.

Preferably Ramsey and ox would be there.....If next season, both of them are still at the club, I will give up and look for an other club and League to watch. :lol:

Top Bottom