• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ChefMan21

Since we appear to have signed Kolisanic, my top 3 would be:

One of Romagnoli/Manolas/Rugani;
Reus;
Lacazette.

For:

----------------------Cech-----------------------

--------Mustafi----Kos----new CB-------

Bellerin--------------------------Kolasinac

---------------------Xhaka---------------------

-----------------------Özil-----------------------

----------Reus------------------Sanchez----

-------------------Lacazette-------------------

The three central defenders keep things tight at the back at all times, while Xhaka, Bellerin, and Kolisanic float between defence and attack. For example, if we're under considerable defensive pressure, we end up with a five man defensive line plus Xhaka, leaving Özil and Lacazette essentially unmarked.

Reus and Sanchez are given free roles, but effectively form a three man strike force with Lacazette, with Özil acting as the main playmaker and distributor in the side.

Reus and Sanchez are a little closer to the middle, since I don't want Bellerin and Kolisanic trampling them (who are the main wide outlets coming out of defence). Neverthless, their free role status will let them drift wide, draw in close, or push forward as the situation warrants.

I think these signings are achievable with the sale of one or two players. At least I hope...
Just want to add to my earlier wishlist and say that I'd like us to chip in a few dollars for someone like De Rossi. Get someone in the side who is still good, experienced, a leader, can scrap for every inch, and can teach some of the upstarts in the team to fight for something. I know he's not flavour of the month, but **** me rum and raisin still beats chocolate meringue swirl on a dark and stormy night, even if chocolate meringue swirl is pretty exciting.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Feels like such a waste of time posting viable options in this thread. Wenger is here to stay and has already began identifying targets. On top of that we have players like Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and Coquelin who get far too much game time. Add to that we sign on injured players filling up our squad space.

I'd like to see a new manager with the exact same players.

Yh its already unrealistic expecting us to spend a lot of money, but what we've been even worse at in recent years is selling utter deadwood. Our squad is filled to the brim with average players who get too much gametime, they need to be sold because Wenger clearly isnt getting the best out of them

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Schalke LB
Tielmanns
Reus
Lacazette

Let's stop this 3 at the back bull and go back to controlling the play.

------------------------Cech
---BEllerin--Kos-----------Mustafi------Kolasaic---
----------------Xhaka------TielmAnn/Ox
-------Sanchez--------Özil----------Reus
------------------------Lacazette

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cech/Pickford*

Bellerin/Chambers

Mustafi/G. Conti*

Koscielny/Holding

Kolasinac*/Monreal

Ox/Ramsey

Isco*/Cazorla

Xhaka/Elneny

Alexis/Walcott

Schick*/Welbeck

Lemar*/Iwobi

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Cech/Pickford*

Bellerin/Chambers

Mustafi/G. Conti*

Koscielny/Holding

Kolasinac*/Monreal

Ox/Ramsey

Isco*/Cazorla

Xhaka/Elneny

Alexis/Walcott

Schick*/Welbeck

Lemar*/Iwobi

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Kolasinac
Ox - Isco - Xhaka
Alexis - Schick - Lemar

Or

Cech
Ox - Isco - Xhaka - Lemar
Schick - Alexis

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
An Isco - Xhaka CM pairing is going to leave our midfield wide open defensively.

Yeah it's a risk, hence having Ox in a 3-man midfield. A pure DM and Xhaka wouldn't work as Xhaka doesn't quite create enough, though a pairing of Xhaka with an all-action CM like Tolisso would be good. A 3-man midfield of Xhaka - Tolisso - Isco would have both the creativity and the legs but 2 starting CM signings is unlikely so I've put Ox in to be realistic.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah it's a risk, hence having Ox in a 3-man midfield. A pure DM and Xhaka wouldn't work as Xhaka doesn't quite create enough, though a pairing of Xhaka with an all-action CM like Tolisso would be good. A 3-man midfield of Xhaka - Tolisso - Isco would have both the creativity and the legs but 2 starting CM signings is unlikely so I've put Ox in to be realistic.

I agree about needing an all action midfielder, its vital for us. Tolisso, Naingollan, Naby Keita are the three we really should be looking at.

If Özil leaves, his replacement should be a creative central player to do the job santi does for us, such as Isco, Pjanic etc. Imagine Xhaka, Naingollan , Pjanic... damn

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Cech
Ox - Isco - Xhaka
Alexis - Schick - Lemar

Or

Cech
Ox - Isco - Xhaka - Lemar
Schick - Alexis

I was just thinking that a pure CF would be good to eventually form a partnership with Schick sitting just behind, perhaps a future 4-4-1-1 of:

Cech/Pickford
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos/Holding - Kolasinac
Ox - Isco(Tolisso/Zielinksi) - Xhaka - Lemar
Schick
Milik(Kownacki/Iheanacho/etc.)

A Schick-Milik partnership is an interesting blend of strong physique and deft technique...

Also I've been looking at German Conti of Club Atletico Colon, seems like an under-the-radar Daniele Rugani, could form a very classy CB partnership with Holding.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I know his 29 but given some of the players we've thrown that amount at I'd happily take him.
Didnt realise he was 29... thought he was 27 or something lol. 25m euros is a no brainer imo, we need proven players now

Id be a good player for us for two seasons

eye4goal

Established Member
----------------------Cech
Bellerin--Van Dijk--Koscieny--Monreal
----Tolisso---Fabinho---Tielamins
Carrasco-------Lukaku--------Alexis

subs: Szczesney, Mustafi, Ramsey, Niles, Schik, Kolasinac, Ox

sell: Özil, Coquelin, Neny, Giroud, Chambers, Welbeck, Gibbs, Walcott, Xhaka

Last edited:

Jack the lad

Players that wenger has missed out on in france and even some of them have begged to get here.

K.Coman
Matuidi
Aurier
Varane
Zouma
O.dembele
Mpappe
A.Rabiot
Lemar
Sidibe
Mendy
Kante
Bakayogo
Layvin Kurzawa
Anthony Martial
Samuel Umtiti
Hugo LLoris
Antoine Greizmann
Moussa Dembele(celtic one)
Can probably add Nabil Fekir, Tolisso and Lacazette as well.

What the hell has our scouting team been doing over there?
Just imagine for a second

Lloris(15m)
Aurier(12m) Varane(6m) Zouma(12m) Mendy(8m)
Kante(8m) Matuidi(10m)
A.Greizmann(15m)
O.Dembele(12m) Mpappe(40m if bought at the right time) T.Lemar(7m)

Thats 145m for a team that would beat our team 7 1 over 2 legs.

Instead perez(17m), Mustafi(35m), Xhaka(35m), Debuchy(12m) Cech(10m) monreal(10m) Gabriel(12m) Welbeck(16m) Giroud(20m) Andre Santos(8m)

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Players that wenger has missed out on in france and even some of them have begged to get here.

Although its impossible to always predict transfers and to know who will come good, I 100% agree.

Arsenal were to the same standard of Barca/Madrid/Bayern etc for us kids growing up during the invincibles, and especially in France. These kids grew up seeing Vieira, Henry, Wiltord, Pires tear up the league so theyre naturally going to see them as idols and want to follow their footsteps joining a proven French manager.

But unfortunately, we have just let the whole golden generation of French youth players pass us, all the previous gems like Martial, Varane, Lloris, Aurier, Zouma, Kante, Dembele, Griezmann as well as guys like Mbappe and Lemar. Im sure a lot of these guys had soft spots for Arsenal and would have been open to a move here.

Instead we go for third rate (yes not even second rate) youth such as Sanogo, Jenkinson, Bielik, Holding, Chambers, Asano who are stabs in the dark more often than not. I am always perplexed about our transfer policy and it boils down to the fact that most of us fans know more about football than our board and especially Kroenke, ran by businessmen.

Top Bottom