• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Bayern has Goretzka on lock. Even Juventus backed off for him.

Arsenal fans need to understand that we are not in the same category as Real, Barcelona, etc and our club is financially too tight fisted to attract the cream of the players. Arsenal and Wenger just don’t have that sort of pulling power like about 10-15 years ago. We have to make do with Xhaka, Ramsey and Wilshere like players.

What we need is a good management that can compensate through tactics and work ethic. We need someone who can bridge the gap that way.

EDIT: I wouldn’t mind Simeone or Tuchel.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Next summer: Butland, Van Dijk, Goretzka, Lemar

4-2-2-2:

------------------Cech
Bellerin - Kos - Van Dijk - Kolasinac
--------Goretzka --- Xhaka
-Ramsey --------------------Lemar
-----------Giroud - Lacazette

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Next summer: Butland, Van Dijk, Goretzka, Lemar

4-2-2-2:

------------------Cech
Bellerin - Kos - Van Dijk - Kolasinac
--------Goretzka --- Xhaka
-Ramsey --------------------Lemar
-----------Giroud - Lacazette

Cech I think has 1-2 seasons left in him. Unless someone else pops up I can't really think of anyone other than Butland to replace him.

Long-term the CB positions are tricky and i'm not 100% sure what to do. We have Holding, Chambers and Bielik who could all turn out to be very good. But Per will retire, Kos will be injured more often, and Mustafi hasn't inspired a great deal of confidence yet. A big presence is needed, hence VVD. Alderweireld would be incredible also, I don't see why we shouldn't go for him.

A lot of us are hoping for Griezmann to partner Lacazette but when it comes down to it, it probably won't happen. I don't see why Giroud and Lacazette can't strike up a very productive partnership, even in Giroud's mature stage.

As for midfield, well it's a sh*tshow, but Goretzka is probably the solution to it. The problem is that he's the solution to a lot of midfields, so it would be a minor miracle if we could get him.

What I really like about this formation however is the wide midfielders. Ramsey and Lemar would play this role wonderfully. They can go wide, come inside, interchange and provide workrate. Iwobi and Nelson would also excel in these roles.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Or if we're feeling stingy:

----------------Cech
Bellerin - Kos - Mustafi - Kolasinac
---------Wilshere - Xhaka
---Iwobi --- Ramsey --- Pulisic
-------------Lacazette

Nelson instead of Pulisic if we're feeling *really* stingy

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What's the situation with Luke Shaw? I know he's had some injury and fitness problems but he's only 22 and will be available on a free this summer.

al-Ustaadh

I like the idea of having Kolasinac, Monreal, and Shaw rotate between left wingback, left centerback, and left back. Of course, this is switching between two different formations, which Wenger seems to prefer right now.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
US not reaching the World Cup could be very good news. Pulisic won't be in the spotlight, next summer is the summer to get him.

tcahill

I keep wanting Leon Goretzka more and more. He's exactly what we need for our team, and now is the perfect opportunity to get him. Mobile, strong tackler, good passer, goal threat both from set pieces and open play. Mark my words this lad is going to explode at the world cup.

We'd be a pretty appealing club for him if we're doing well in the league come January. We can pretty much guarantee him a starting spot, we have a manager who utilises young talent, and several of his national team/Schalke mates to help him settle.

And no its not confirmed he's going to Bayern, he's repeatedly denied those links.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I keep wanting Leon Goretzka more and more. He's exactly what we need for our team, and now is the perfect opportunity to get him. Mobile, strong tackler, good passer, goal threat both from set pieces and open play. Mark my words this lad is going to explode at the world cup.

We'd be a pretty appealing club for him if we're doing well in the league come January. We can pretty much guarantee him a starting spot, we have a manager who utilises young talent, and several of his national team/Schalke mates to help him settle.

And no its not confirmed he's going to Bayern, he's repeatedly denied those links.

If he has no agreement already with Bayern, then it's the biggest no-brainer imaginable..

Also, he's killing it with Die Mannschaft but apparently he's started pretty slowly with Schalke. He's still gettable.

al-Ustaadh

Sell Giroud and Walcott and replace them. Obsolete attackers. At least bring in Lemar... then I don't care who else.

Hell, Zaha looked great today. He can do everything we wish Walcott could do.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sell Giroud and Walcott and replace them. Obsolete attackers. At least bring in Lemar... then I don't care who else.

Hell, Zaha looked great today. He can do everything we wish Walcott could do.

Zaha's sooooo underrated it's ridiculous, under the right circumstances he could really go up a couple of levels. Has it all, pace, guile, good dribbling and really quick feet and his decision making has gotten far better in recent times. Would love him here.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

Guys like Goretzka, Griezmann are pipe dreams. Too many bigger clubs after these players. As for the bolded part, truth be told he’d have more national teammates at Bayern (Süle, Kimmich, Rudy, Hummels, Müller, etc.) than at Arsenal (two at best if Mesut stays and provided we don’t sell Mustafi).

Also the days of Wenger “utilizing young talent” are over. Arsène doesn’t have the pull he once had.
__________​

As I said in my earlier post we cannot compete in the transfer market with names like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United because those clubs have historically been more successful than us and as a consequence are a bigger brand and have more followers globally, so players are more likely to choose them over Arsenal.

We also cannot financially compete with the Citehs, Chelskis and P$Gs because we will not spend like them, so players would rather go there for higher wages instead of coming to Arsenal.

Our best bet is to bridge the gap through coaching/tactics, work ethic and better scouting. We need a manager who can get the best out of his team.

Diego Simeone would be my favorite choice. If not him then Tuchel. If the Napoli manager wins in Italy this season then I wouldn’t mind him either.

Top Bottom