• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HBL

Established Member
How good is Milonkovic-Savic?!

He is proper wishlist material. Would suit the 3 man midfield perfectly as well.

For the summer I think we need:

Younger GK
Back up RB, if we have no intention of playing AMN there (I think he could do a good job, even though cm will probably end up being his strongest position.
At least one cb
Cdm
One, possibly two proper wingers.

LG10

We need a starting gk, cb, lb, dm, winger. Also need a 2nd cb for coverage. Left us too much to do next summer, we will be short once again next season and worst of all Wenger will still be manager.

How we didn't sign a cb last summer I will never understand.

HBL

Established Member
I also think we need to establish a formation and stick with it. For me the only real possibilities are 4231 and 433, unless Wenger wants to try and revert back to the glory days of 442.

4231 definitley gets the best out of Özil but I think if Ramsey and Wilshere sign new contracts I think we should stick with the 433. Would like to see us try 442 so we don’t have a £50m striker on the bench every game but I think Wenger is too stubborn to try it.

If we stick with 433, I think there’s three; possibly four positions up for grabs in the starting XI for next season, providing Ramsey and Jack sign new deals.

New keeper
Bellerin- New cb- Kosc/mustafi-Nacho

Ramsey- New midfielder- Wilshere

Özil - Aubameyang - Mkhi

Bench:
Cech or Martinez/Macey (who cares)
Kosc/mustafi
Nacho/kolasinac
Iwobi
Lacazette
AMN
New Winger: Ideally someone young with potential but won’t demand to start every game. Lozano, Pavon or Malcom come to mind. I think Bailey is unrealistic. If not I’d be happy with Nketiah/Nelson on the bench.

Loan: Holding & one of Nketiah or Nelson, if we qualify for champions league via Europa league I’d probably loan the majority of the talented youngsters; Sheaf, Da silva etc.

Sell:
Chambers- £15-20m
Ospina- Would it be a free?
Elneny- £10m
Xhaka- £25m?
Lucas- £10m
Joel Campbell- £6-8m
Welbz- £15m

Hopefully players like Welbeck and Xhaka can finish the season well so a few clubs will be after them in the summer. I wouldn’t be opposed to keeping Xhaka as I think he has shown glimpses, particularly the second half of last season that he can be more than useful in certain games.

Tom349

Anyone up to date with Isco situation at Madrid. Doesn't seem to be getting much playing time so could he possibly explore a move away?

Get him and Fabinho and go from having the worst midfield of the big 6 to having the best. Would be Cazorla/Coquelin on steroids.

Vibra

Established Member
I'd like a CM like Rabiot, someone who's good on the ball, comfortable under pressure, has some passing range and actually plays the ball forward

If that's not available then I'd love an actual DM, but one that can play a bit.

Just give me a midfielder that has never played in Switzerland

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It would break my heart as a Stuttgart fan, but Arsenal should take a good look at Benjamin Pavard. He's got everything, including the mentality and fight, to become a top CB. Puts in MOTM performances every week. Already miles above the rumoured Diallo from Mainz.

Gooner006

It would break my heart as a Stuttgart fan, but Arsenal should take a good look at Benjamin Pavard. He's got everything, including the mentality and fight, to become a top CB. Puts in MOTM performances every week. Already miles above the rumoured Diallo from Mainz.
Couldn't agree more. Pavard is an excellent young player and has the attributes we require. Diallo, on the other hand, seems to be someone people have trumpeted following basic research rather than actually watching him play. He's rather mistake prone and not at our level.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd like a CM like Rabiot, someone who's good on the ball, comfortable under pressure, has some passing range and actually plays the ball forward

If that's not available then I'd love an actual DM, but one that can play a bit.

Just give me a midfielder that has never played in Switzerland

I know just the man: Denis Zakaria. Strides across the pitch making tackles, brings the ball forward, has never played in Swi...Oh wait, sh*t.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Reminds me of Christensen. Is that a fair comparison?

Toby

Reminds me of Christensen. Is that a fair comparison?

Tbh, I haven't seen enough of Christensen to judge that comparison. I know he did good at Gladbach, and with that he was kinda out of my view, with him being a Chelsea boy and thus unattainable for either Stuttgart or Arsenal.

Pavard has personality on the pitch and a great mentality. Always runs and fights. He has overall got good positioning, and if caught out of it, he's got decent pace to get across the pitch.
He's good on the ball, a good passer - long and short - and understands the game and how it moves.
Most of the time he knows when to hold back, protect space or close down passing lanes, and when to commit and put in a challenge.
Sometimes he's still a bit rash in dangerous situations and tackles. In his first season that was a problem cause he provoked quite a few pens. By now he's a good bit calmer and got better at those risky, last man tackles. Actually, he's really good at them and in 1vs1 in general. Saved Stuttgart's arse quite a few times this season. He seems to get better and more mellow with every game.
Debuted for the french NT this season, too. He signed a new contract a couple of weeks ago, but in Stuttgart, everyone's sure he's got a release clause in it. I'd presume a figure around 20 to 30m €.

He's definitely got it in his locker to become better than Koscielny, he's much more rounded. Top prospect, rated as a top 10 Bundesliga defender by kicker for the half series.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I know just the man: Denis Zakaria. Strides across the pitch making tackles, brings the ball forward, has never played in Swi...Oh wait, sh*t.
Zakaria is a good shout. Him as a backup plan to Fabinho would be great.

Toby

Doubt we'd look at him unfortunately. Rumors have been about a left-footed center back - Evans can work with either foot. Also think he needs to be a little taller.

You might be right. He's probably too close in profile to Mustafi, altough he's younger and has a much higher ceiling. Arguably, he's calmer and better in perceiving his surroundings on the pitch, already.

On the other hand, he's better than Chambers, who should finally be sold cause he just won't get better at Arsenal, and Holding, who should be out on loan next season.
But Pavard and another more experienced leftfoot as CB signings would probably stretch the funds too much, with arguably a CDM, a CM and maybe winger needed...

Latest posts

Top Bottom