• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Sp*rs are linked to him apparently. I don't know if they actually need him, but it's the sort of smart buy they've done before from a smaller PL side with Dembele & Wanyama. It's the sort of buy we never seem to do.

I'm not saying we should pick up all our players from inside the PL, but we could probably source a majority of what we need from there. Certainly CB & DM, maybe a winger too.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The sheer number of good young French CBs out there right now is almost a joke: Pavard, Upamecano, Kimpembe, Sarr, Diop, Lucas Hernandez, Diakhaby, Diallo, Zagadou, Mukiele, Lenglet, Gnagnon etc. Not to mention Varane, Umtiti & Laporte. If France don't win the World Cup in the next 8-12 years there'll be some questions asked.

Maybe add Jules Kounde to that list. Seems to be bossing it for Bordeaux.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Bailey/Mahrez/Lemar/Malcom
Fabinho/Zakaria
Pavard/Evans/Diallo/Manolas
Oblak/Alisson
Sessegnon

LG10

Doucoure is top class but if Ramsey is at the club we don't really need him. Although, considering Ramsey and Wilshere are injury prone this guy would be the perfect player to come in for them rather than elneny.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Doucoure is top class but if Ramsey is at the club we don't really need him. Although, considering Ramsey and Wilshere are injury prone this guy would be the perfect player to come in for them rather than elneny.

He's better than Ramsey, Wilshere and Xhaka defensively though, hence why he could potentially play alongside any of them.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Yeah but don’t think he can play as dm which is our most pressing need. Would be a luxury signing.

I don't think he'd be a luxury at all, to me he looks like an essential. Doucoure would do all the things Wenger likes but he'd also provide strength and mobility that we don't have.

LG10

I don't think he'd be a luxury at all, to me he looks like an essential. Doucoure would do all the things Wenger likes but he'd also provide strength and mobility that we don't have.
Think he could do well as a dm but it would underutilize his massive engine, he's fantastic going box to box. Also think he would need a coach like Pep to teach him how to play Dm as he's never played there before. Wenger's brilliant "go express yourself" tactical insights aren't going to show Doucoure which areas to vacate as a 6.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There are some very good, interesting young CMs around Europe atm: Milinkovic-Savic, Fabinho, Doucoure, NDombele, Torreira... big clubs can't snap them all up, so hopefully we manage to get any one of them. They don't offer the exact same things, but they're all pretty well-rounded and would take us up a level for sure.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
There are some very good, interesting young CMs around Europe atm: Milinkovic-Savic, Fabinho, Doucoure, NDombele, Torreira... big clubs can't snap them all up, so hopefully we manage to get any one of them. They don't offer the exact same things, but they're all pretty well-rounded and would take us up a level for sure.
Don't forget Zakaria. I personally think him/Fabinho is probably what we need with AMN coming through.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think he could do well as a dm but it would underutilize his massive engine, he's fantastic going box to box. Also think he would need a coach like Pep to teach him how to play Dm as he's never played there before. Wenger's brilliant "go express yourself" tactical insights aren't going to show Doucoure which areas to vacate as a 6.

I see your point, i'm just thinking that with Wenger we're never gonna play with a pure DM anyway. I mean we had Coq and even he eventually started going forward.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Very true, there's a real glut of midfield talent out there right now, not to mention talent in other areas of the pitch. But it still won't be easy: Sergej I see going to Utd or Inter/Juve, Fabinho to PSG, City or Utd, Ndombele to stay at Lyon, Torreira to Napoli, Ndidi to stay at Leicester, Zakaria is gettable but might not be ready to step up (though I like him a lot), Meyer is gettable but I have doubts about him.

Not all what I've just said is 100% going to happen, but we'll have to be very proactive and aggressive to make those players ours. Doucoure would be an easier target, but no doubt we'd f*ck that one up too. There's not even any strong indication that the club is looking for a DM. I'm choosing to believe that they are, just because the alternative would be too depressing haha.

Tom349

I see your point, i'm just thinking that with Wenger we're never gonna play with a pure DM anyway. I mean we had Coq and even he eventually started going forward.

This has nothing to do with Wenger and everything to do with Coquelin and his inability to do anything positive when in possession of the ball. If a player is no good with the ball then opposition defences will overplay the players who are good with the ball and leave space for the player who is no good with the ball, knowing that he won't hurt them the space they leave for him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Maybe add Jules Kounde to that list. Seems to be bossing it for Bordeaux.
Just seen...

He looks a very confident player, I doubt it's a coincidence that Bordeaux has played well since his inclusion in the team. He's one to keep an eye on in the coming seasons.

HBL

Established Member
Was very impressed with Marquinhos and Rabiot tonight.

That little Italian in midfield also seems to know what he’s doing :D

Any of them available? ;)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The summer needs to be a major overhaul which is why we need a new manager who actually uses pre season to test things out.

Welbeck, Ramsey, Mustafi, Elneny, Ospina, Campbell, Perez and Chambers need to be sold. Nelson, Holding, Mavrapanos and Willock need to be loaned.

We need a GK, CB, young CB, LB, DM, left sided forward. That's 8 out and 6 in.

Gk- Has to be of a good age unless we just gamble on Lafont. Really needs to be good on his feet with the modern trend. Ironic that we try and play a possession game with a keeper who is terrible in his feet.

CB - pay the release clause for Manolas.
Cb- buy a young centre back who is ready to contribute now. Diop, Diallo, Gnagnon, De Ligt, Upamenco. The list is endless. Cough up the money for a physically imposing pacey centre back.

Lb-tap up Shaw and get him on the cheap.

Dm- just pay the money for Fabinho.

Wf- finally just buy Asensio for the release clause.

That's about a 210 million spend where you could recoup 100 million through player sales and the rest through Europa League prize money and Champions League qualification if we managed to win it.

This is a major opportunity to just revamp the team.

----------------------------Auba
-Asensio----------------Özil--------------Mhiki
---------------Xhaka----------Fabinho
-Shaw--------Kos----------Manolas-Bellerin
-----------------------New Gk

c00lguy

I think we need to scout more leagues. We can't rely on France and Germany to produce for us all the time. Sp**s have had success with the Dutch league. Our scouting network's got to expand.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Ryan Sessegnon is something else.

A 16/17 year old who has already established himself as one of the better players in the Championship.

Labelled the next Bale but I wouldn't compare them that fast. I do like the look of Ryan though and think he will become a wonderful player.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom