• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Except Ramsey is not a youth player.
Same goes for Wilshere, but he fills the creative role is technically a level above.
Both are running out of time to become WC players.
At what point do we cut bait?
I think his point was not that they are youth players NOW but that we've developed them and need to take advantage of their prime years instead of selling them on. Ramsey is certainly not a bad player and can do a lot for the team. To be honest, I'd like to see him rotate more with Özil instead of being stuck in midfield but that's me.

Newchange

My dream summer would be something like.

Oblak
Bellerin - Koulibaly - Lascelles - Sessegnon
Wilshere - Fabinho - Ramsey
Özil - Aubameyang- Mkhitaryan

Cech - Monreal - Koscielny - Doucoure - Iwobi - Nelson - Maitland-Niles

EDIT: Seems like I forgot about backup striker. Lacazette can be on the bench for either Iwobi or Nelson of course.
Bailey is a phenomenal talent at his age. He's a sure thing for the future. His body morphology is extraordinary, as he's got strength, speed, and pace to go with a lower center of gravity. He can beat a player in the open and close spaces. He's got flair and is offensively creative. Not to mention he hustles, recovers defensively, and can defend and tackle unlike most wingers. His left foot is turning into a magic wand and will soon be mentioned in the same discussions as other world class footballers - there's a reason the Bayern PR machine are constantly comparing him to Robben.

[/QUOTE

I appreciate everyones entitled to their opinion but I would have thought you was speaking about a Dembele or Mbpabbe by your analysis. Bailey is a talent dont get me wrong but this is his break out season and its too soon to even mention him in the same sentence as robben. This is the same Byern who let go of Douglas Costa (Loan) whos tearing it up for Juve.

Newchange

My dream summer would be something like.

Oblak
Bellerin - Koulibaly - Lascelles - Sessegnon
Wilshere - Fabinho - Ramsey
Özil - Aubameyang- Mkhitaryan

Cech - Monreal - Koscielny - Doucoure - Iwobi - Nelson - Maitland-Niles

EDIT: Seems like I forgot about backup striker. Lacazette can be on the bench for either Iwobi or Nelson of course.
Lascelles is interesting, I like his leadership qualities but worry he could end up being another Ashely Williams or Steven Caulker

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wasn't saying he is youth player.

We brought him in as a youth player at age 16 or 17. Now he is 27 entering his prime years, what is post to be his best years and we want to sell. We constantly sell players we brought through thick and thin and never get rewarded with their best years.

Couldn't agree more. I said this a while back, Ramsey's been here for 10 years for Christ sake. That's a lot of money and effort spent by the club in developing a player of 17 to a first-team player at 27. Youth development isn't easy, it takes a lot of work and patience. The f*ck is the point in doing all that work if you just sell them when you're bored and you want a shiny new toy?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ramsey is a useful squad player, but wouldn't be unhappy if we sell him for a good fee.

Should look to bring in two midfielders, who can fulfill all midfield duties to a good level and add power and mobility as well. Doucoure and Cyprien would be my preferred choices, and are in a good price range of 30-40M. Let's face it, someone like Fabinho is out of our league.

Wilshere deepest as playmaker and those two right in front as box-to-box. Will also free up Özil from chasing full-backs.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ramsey is a useful squad player, but wouldn't be unhappy if we sell him for a good fee.

Should look to bring in two midfielders, who can fulfill all midfield duties to a good level and add power and mobility as well. Doucoure and Cyprien would be my preferred choices, and are in a good price range of 30-40M. Let's face it, someone like Fabinho is out of our league.

Wilshere deepest as playmaker and those two right in front as box-to-box. Will also free up Özil from chasing full-backs.

That's precisely the thought process i'm struggling to understand. Doucoure is another matter because he's more of a defensive box-to-box player and we don't currently have that profile of player, but what's the point in selling Ramsey and buying Cyprien? I mean I like Cyprien a lot, he's a good player with a lot of potential, but what's the point?

That's a typical example of wanting to develop a player, lose patience with them when they frustrate you or don't play like Vieira every week, then sell them for a younger model with future potential. What's to say the younger model won't also have problems? In a few years time are you just gonna sell them and get another younger model?

People always want new, unfulfilled potential rather than what's already in front of them. Ramsey is one of our best players, spending money and time replacing him is just unnecessarily destructive. I'd argue it's an example of capitalist avarice but that might be stretching it a bit haha

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Same goes for Mustafi, he's currently our best CB yet people want to give up on him and bring in a whole new defence. Making such wholesale changes is generally a recipe for disaster. How about keeping some faith in him and replacing the CBs whose form is on the decline i.e Per & Kos.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Some rumours going around about Jamaal Lascelles have got me thinking. Over the course of every season there are players at smaller PL clubs who play well and are touted as targets for the bigger ones, but often it doesn't happen and the bigger ones import a player from abroad.

Now Lascelles is a good defender but wouldn't be in the same category as a Koulibaly, Skriniar, de Vrij or even Pavard. His pass completion of 77% being a typical indicator of a 'non-elite level' player. But where he arguably outshines those players is in his leadership qualities. You know that he'd come in and give his all and demand everyone else to give their all. He would be a leader of the dressing room.

So i'm asking myself: what's more important for us, sheer talent or personality? We arguably lack certain talents in different areas of the team, but what we always know we lack is leadership qualities. Is it better to target players solely on the basis of their technical attributes, or should a player be targeted for the character they'd bring?

9 times out of 10 I'd say you should just go for the better player, because we're aiming to reach an elite level again and on an elite stage you simply need players with quality. I'm not comparing Lascelles to John Terry obviously, but Terry lacked attributes that many elite clubs would prioritise, such as speed and technical ability. He had fantastic anticipation of course, but his main strength was his leadership ability. Who's to say someone like Lascelles couldn't offer that too?

Back to my original point, some players at smaller PL clubs are a sure thing to step up, like a Kante or a Mahrez. But then you have the Lascelles, Doucoure and maybe Ndidi type players, who you think could step up but you're not sure. They look great playing for a worse side, but you slightly doubt how they'd do in a better side.

Is it time to take more punts on these kind of players, or are the technically superior players playing abroad the better option? I'm not saying we should go full Brexit and only sign 'decent, hard-working English lads', obviously not. I just wonder if sometimes a player from the PL with less obvious 'pedigree' can be just as worthwhile as a player from abroad.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Turning the tables with a player's wish now

Lots of players like Arsenal but never end up here haha. Think there's legs in this one though, wouldn't be a bad option. Can't actually see us going for Oblak or Alisson and there are few candidates otherwise, might as well go for a stellar prospect like Lafont.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think he'll develop into a keeper a bit like De Gea; not the best with his feet or catching crosses, but an exceptional shot-stopper.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
With this upcoming summer potentially being Wenger's last it's about time we re-stocked on Frenchies, we're running dangerously low. Lafont, Koulibaly, Souquet, Doucoure & Fekir needed.

Marchons, marchons...

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Cech/Lafont*/Macey
Bellerin/Souquet*/Kos/Koulibaly*/Mustafi/Pavard*/Monreal/Kolasinac
Xhaka/Doucoure*/Ramsey/Wilshere/AMN/Zakaria*
Özil/Mkhi/Fekir*/Iwobi/Nelson
Auba/Laca/Nketiah

Last edited:
Top Bottom