• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
-----------------Lafont
Bellerin-Manolas-Mustafi-Monreal
----------------Doucoure
-----------Ramsey-Wilshere
Özil----------Aubameyang----Bailey

Subs: Cech, Koscielny, Sessegnon, Maitland-Niles, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Lacazette

Change both the CBs and I'd be happy with that. Maguire & Lascelles, one does the fancy stuff while the other does the shouting.

HBL

Established Member
Not sure it matters who is in charge, I think we’ll see big spending this summer. The pressure from the fans will be too much, we’ll probably have to clear out a few players to bring some in but I’m all for that. Selling Wilshere and Ramsey would be absolutely ludicrous if they want to stay. The formation is an issue; I think 433 has potential but we’ve just shelled out £350k a week on Özil and he looks lost at RW. We also need to be careful we don’t damage some of our players reputations so badly that we can’t get decent fees for them. I reckon we’ve probably lost £20m combined off Xhaka and Mustafi alone this season.

Sell:
Mustafi - £25m
Xhaka - £25m
Chambers -£20m
Holding - £7m
Welbeck - £15m
Lucas Perez - £10m
Joel Campbell - £5m
Ospina - £5m
Elneny - £10m
Jenkinson - £1m?
Brammal - £1m?
Akpom - £3m
Ramsey - £40m (if he refuses to sign a contract)

Would be easy enough to get £100m from those group of players. I’d be tempted to sell Iwobi if he has good World Cup as I think he’s garbage but I don’t see it happening. Also, unsure as to what we should do with Kolasinac, probably deserves another season after how he started for us but do we want to do that and miss out on someone as good as Tierney or as versatile as Sessegnon? I’m not so sure. It’s also difficult to judge how much we’d actually get for Ramsey if he were to refuse a new deal, if Ox is £35m, surely Ramsey is £40m+

Players I’d be looking to bring in are; Gk, 2 cb’s, 2 cm’s & possibly 2 wingers and Tierney/Sessengon. Not much to ask for right? :D

If we can sell the majority on the list I’d be hoping we can bring in at least 3-4 first XI quality players.

For the Gk spot I think we’ve probably got 5 options; Oblak, Allisson, Lafont, Butland & Horn. Oblak is the best keeper on the list but I like the idea of buying a keeper like Lafont and him being here for 5+ years, like DDG with United.

Cb: Hoping for a starting XI quality cb, not going to say world class because I don’t think there is many. Koulibaly and De Vrij are our best options here.

Cb: Another cb is needed, preferably a younger player. Diallo, Pavard & Lascelles come to mind. Think we could also see Evans for £3m.

Cm: we need a holding mid & a box to box mid. So many options here, possibilities really are endless. Ndidi, Zakaria, Torreira or Fabinho would be my preferred dm choices. Box to box mid: the unrealistic dream is Milinkovic-Savic but I like the look of Doucoure, who could suit both the 433 & 4231 very well. Maybe we’ll see a third cm like Meyer/Özyakup on the cheap if Ramsey leaves.

Wingers - the lack of natural wingers here is so apparent at the moment. Think we need two in the summer. Bailey/Mahrez & Pavón/Malcom would be the ultimate statement. Pavón or Malcom would give incredible squad depth, which you need.

Tierney/Sessegnon - Think Tierney is the better full back, however we need competition for Bellerin and Sessegnon could play on either side. Personally I think AMN is good enough to be a back up rb and box to box cm but I guess time will tell with this one.

Long post but I like dreaming about the seemingly obvious transfer targets that we won’t buy in the summer.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Not sure it matters who is in charge, I think we’ll see big spending this summer. The pressure from the fans will be too much, we’ll probably have to clear out a few players to bring some in but I’m all for that. Selling Wilshere and Ramsey would be absolutely ludicrous if they want to stay. The formation is an issue; I think 433 has potential but we’ve just shelled out £350k a week on Özil and he looks lost at RW. We also need to be careful we don’t damage some of our players reputations so badly that we can’t get decent fees for them. I reckon we’ve probably lost £20m combined off Xhaka and Mustafi alone this season.

Sell:
Mustafi - £25m
Xhaka - £25m
Chambers -£20m
Holding - £7m
Welbeck - £15m
Lucas Perez - £10m
Joel Campbell - £5m
Ospina - £5m
Elneny - £10m
Jenkinson - £1m?
Brammal - £1m?
Akpom - £3m
Ramsey - £40m (if he refuses to sign a contract)

Would be easy enough to get £100m from those group of players. I’d be tempted to sell Iwobi if he has good World Cup as I think he’s garbage but I don’t see it happening. Also, unsure as to what we should do with Kolasinac, probably deserves another season after how he started for us but do we want to do that and miss out on someone as good as Tierney or as versatile as Sessegnon? I’m not so sure. It’s also difficult to judge how much we’d actually get for Ramsey if he were to refuse a new deal, if Ox is £35m, surely Ramsey is £40m+

Players I’d be looking to bring in are; Gk, 2 cb’s, 2 cm’s & possibly 2 wingers and Tierney/Sessengon. Not much to ask for right? :D

If we can sell the majority on the list I’d be hoping we can bring in at least 3-4 first XI quality players.

For the Gk spot I think we’ve probably got 5 options; Oblak, Allisson, Lafont, Butland & Horn. Oblak is the best keeper on the list but I like the idea of buying a keeper like Lafont and him being here for 5+ years, like DDG with United.

Cb: Hoping for a starting XI quality cb, not going to say world class because I don’t think there is many. Koulibaly and De Vrij are our best options here.

Cb: Another cb is needed, preferably a younger player. Diallo, Pavard & Lascelles come to mind. Think we could also see Evans for £3m.

Cm: we need a holding mid & a box to box mid. So many options here, possibilities really are endless. Ndidi, Zakaria, Torreira or Fabinho would be my preferred dm choices. Box to box mid: the unrealistic dream is Milinkovic-Savic but I like the look of Doucoure, who could suit both the 433 & 4231 very well. Maybe we’ll see a third cm like Meyer/Özyakup on the cheap if Ramsey leaves.

Wingers - the lack of natural wingers here is so apparent at the moment. Think we need two in the summer. Bailey/Mahrez & Pavón/Malcom would be the ultimate statement. Pavón or Malcom would give incredible squad depth, which you need.

Tierney/Sessegnon - Think Tierney is the better full back, however we need competition for Bellerin and Sessegnon could play on either side. Personally I think AMN is good enough to be a back up rb and box to box cm but I guess time will tell with this one.

Long post but I like dreaming about the seemingly obvious transfer targets that we won’t buy in the summer.

I quite like the idea of having both Malcom and Pavon actually. They're sort of similar players but on opposite wings, could be our version of Ribery & Robben. Have them flank a central striker, play Özil behind the central striker with a double-pivot behind made up of two athletic and mobile CMs, Doucoure & Zakaria for example. Pace and strength for days.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I quite like the idea of having both Malcom and Pavon actually. They're sort of similar players but on opposite wings, could be our version of Ribery & Robben. Have them flank a central striker, play Özil behind the central striker with a double-pivot behind made up of two athletic and mobile CMs, Doucoure & Zakaria for example. Pace and strength for days.
Hmm, Malcom and Pavon are both right wingers though. And I feel it'd be a waste to shift one to accommodate for the pair.

HBL

Established Member
Doucoure and Zakaria are definitley names we should be looking out for. There’s just something I like about Ndidi, we’d probably have to pay an astronomical fee to get him though.

I think Pavón and Bailey would be the ideal situation with wingers. Bailey would make an instant impact and it would give Pavón a couple of seasons to get used to the league. Bailey, Özil and Mkhi behind Auba sounds great.

Bailey is a natural, explosive winger with power and decent upper body strength. Whilst we still have that natural rotation between Özil and Mkhi.

Divided_Pie

How much in the transfer kitty for 2018/19?

If you assume that Arsenal were no longer a selling club starting in 2013/14 (the season after selling RVP, and the season Özil was bought), and if you assume there is an annual budget of €100M before player sales, only about €250M out €500M available were spent over those five seasons. That leaves €250M in the war chest.

Add to that the €100M budget for 2018/19 and you have €350M available for next season.

Sell €150M worth of current players (this includes Ramsey, Xhaka, and Mustafi) and that gives us €500M total to play with.

Let's subtract €100M so as not to leave the war chest completely bare, and another €100 just for good measure. That leaves us with €300M to work with after player sales.

That's the number I'm working with for my wish list posts. :drool:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
10 years of failure and average displays by Wilshere and Ramsey at the club and wishlisters are still putting them in their teams.

HBL

Established Member
Following up from my post yesterday I think the ultimate dream would be;

Oblak or Lafont
Koulibaly
Pavard/Diallo
Zakaria/Ndidi
Doucoure
Pavón
Bailey

Trying to pick players that we might be linked with. Haven’t even seen any sort of rumours linking us with the likes of torreira, De Vrij or Allisson. Not sure Fabinho is a possibility, think United, Chelsea and even City will be after him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think we could debate a few things at length: how many players we need overall, what sort of GK, what sort of winger etc etc. But along with a new manager I'd say unequivocally there are two things Arsenal lack and need desperately.

The first is at least one or two central defenders whose main strength is defending and who take pride in defending. The second is at least one central midfielder who is combative and whose primary objective every game is to stop the opposition and beat them.

What encompasses both those things is a need not for particular technical qualities, but for character and personality. We need players for whom the very idea of losing makes them sick, who give their all not because they're told to but because it's the only way they know. Players like Keane and Gattuso aren't legends of the game cos they were technically better than others, they're legends cos they cared and worked more than others. You don't necessarily always need 11 players like that, just a few to motivate the others. But if you have none then you're f*cked.

It's harder to target players based on their character, I don't know who will be the next John Terry or Arturo Vidal. Jamaal Lascelles is a defender known for his strong leadership qualities, Lewis Dunk too. Players like Lucas Torreira and Santiago Ascacibar look like potential central midfield warriors also.

Sometimes it feels like there are no longer players out there who care as much as players of old, but that's a fallacy. They are still out there, and we'll be going nowhere without them.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Not to be negative and rub it in but we had a player with character and personality, a player who actually cared about the club, and we sold him to Juve for pennies. Makes me sick.
Disgraceful decision to let him go.
He was one of the only players I've seen us send on loan and actually start fulfilling potential and looking like a top, top player.
He improved every aspect of his game on loan, I watched him closely and everything from Shotstopping, distribution, handling and even decision making (which is something that comes with maturity) all improved drastically.
The fee we received was a ****ing joke, even if we had brilliant keepers queuing up at the club letting him go for such a small amount is bad, letting him go for peanuts when all we had is Cech and Ospina is disgraceful.
I'm still fuming that we sold him.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom