The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Manager: Jardim

Out: Ramsey (40m), Mustafi (20m), Bellerin (50m), Ospina (5m), Welbeck (8m), Chambers (15m)

In: Ndidi (40m), Fabinho (50m), Gimenez/Kouilbaly (50m), Pavard (20m), Sidibe (30m), Lafont (20m), Bailey (50m)

4-4-2

................Aubameyang......Lacazette
    Özil/Bailey.........Ndidi..............Fabinho........Mhky/Özil
    Sead*...........Kos.......Gimenez/Kouibaly...........Sidibe
    ............................Cech/Lafont

* I think Sead would be rampant in the Jardim setup. Plus having Ndidi and Fabinho covering allows the fullbacks freedom to bomb forward.

4-2-3-1

...................Aubameyang
    Bailey.................Özil...............Mhky
    ....................Ndidi......Fabinho
    Sead.....Kos.....Gimenez/Kouibaly......Sidibe
    ........................Cech/Lafont

Net spend: 122m

asukru and HBL like this.
  2. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Like the manager, like the formation, like the signings. However, I don’t like some of the players you want to sell.

I think we’d be incredibly naive to sell Bellerin without giving him a chance under a new manager and new system. Wouldn’t sell Ramsey unless he makes it clear that he wants to leave.

asukru likes this.
  3. Justin1986

Justin1986 Member

Leno
    Sidibe Manolas giminez monreal
    Fabinho
    Ramsey. Wilshere
    Özil Aubameyang Fekir
    Manager Jardim

Token Yank likes this.
  4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

5. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Just randomly saw a scout nation video of Tanguy Ndombele :eek: Holy ****...

Anyone know anything about him? Looks like he straight out of a video game.

krackpot likes this.
  6. Aevius

Aevius World Cup Prediction Champion Moderator

@carlito'sway ^

carlito'sway and krackpot like this.
  7. Aevius

Aevius World Cup Prediction Champion Moderator

8. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

guys have been wishlisting him badly in the French football thread.

We should be all over him.

Apart from a few Ramsey/Wilshere performances, haven't had a CM who has dominated a single match for us. Arteta was the closest to a consistent CM.

Tottenshit have Dier and Eriksen...sometimes Dembele might have a decent game.

Utd have Pogba and Matic...Carrick before that.

$ity have the best of the world.

The only team who are as bad as us are Liverpool, and even then they have Can and Henderson.

9. dashsnow17

Great prospect, though he probably needs to play next to a DM to be fully effective. He's not the DM himself. Not to say we shouldn't go for him if we want to, just that he's not the DM we desperately need right now.

carlito'sway likes this.
  10. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

I mentioned him in the French league thread. He reminds me of Abou Diaby. He is clearly talented but still very young. Having said that I agree with @dashsnow17 assessment. He will need a DM next to him as well.
    In any case, our CM is a rebuilding project at this point. FWIW, all the current players there, Xhaka, Jack, Rambo, can leave. We desperately need better talent in Midfield.

asukru likes this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Next Diaby? Sign me up!

Heskey, asukru, carlito'sway and 2 others like this.
  12. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Manager in: Joachim Löw
    Players in: Bernd Leno/Timo Horn, Jonathan Tah, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Julian Draxler

Leno
    Bellerin - Mustafi - Tah - Kolasinac
    Savic - Xhaka
    Mkhitaryan - Özil - Draxler
    Aubameyang
    With Löw coming in and being a way more disciplined and hands on manager than Wenger's ever been I think this would work. Set up as a counter-attacking team that lies in wait deep before explosively coming to life in the final third, while also being able to control games when needed.

Newchange and dashsnow17 like this.
  13. dashsnow17

I like the look of that. I don't know if Milinkovic-Savic is the right guy to play next to Xhaka just because he's more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, he's a great player though. If we could lure Emre Can here I think he'd do well next to Xhaka. Don't know enough about Leno, I hear he's a bit hot and cold, but I could definitely get on board with that team.

carlito'sway likes this.
  14. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

I refuse to watch a video of him, mostly because I know we won't get him.

Not in the business of getting my hopes up for nothing.

15. dashsnow17

---------------Alisson
    Bellerin - Mustafi - Tah - Kolasinac
    -----------Can --- Xhaka
    ----Mkhi ----- Özil ----- Draxler
    ---------- Aubameyang

Doubt we have the budget for that but whatevs.

16. Manager - Jardim

Sell
    • Welbeck - 10
    • El-Neny - 10
    • Ramsey - 40
    • Xhaka - 30
    • Campbell - 5
    • Ospina - 5
    • Perez - 5
    • Chambers - 15
    • Monreal - 10 to Bilbao
    • Bellerin - Player Swap (Dembele)
    • Total - 130
    Buy
    • Pavard - 20
    • Sidibe - 25
    • O. Dembele - Bellerin + 45
    • Ndombele - 20
    • Fabinho - 50
    • Meyer - Free
    • Tierney - 15
    • Horn - 5
    • Total - 180
    Net Spend - 50

Horn
    Sidibe Pavard Mustafi Kolascinac

Özil Fabinho Ndombele Dembele

Lacazette Aubameyang​

17. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

I've watched the last few Liverpool games and I am really liking what I see from Can. Like Xhaka he's not going to win too many footraces, but he does show a little burst at times. More importantly, he's well-built and strong, a very good tackler, and he's got solid technique. He's a true B2B with actual defensive ability. Would love to get him on a free. Would still sell Xhaka though.

I am also gung ho on Alisson. Keeper is the one position we can address without worrying about how he would work with the other players. Also Alisson would work very well as a sweeper-keeper in a system that plays a high line. Spend the money.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  18. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

I was following you until I realized you kept Mustafi. That is a recipe for disaster. This guy must be sold asap.
    By the way, Sidibe and Ndombele for 25 M and 20 M? Nowhere close. More like 40 & 35 M at minimum.

19. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

I really rate Tah think he could become a great CB in the future if coached well. We should be in for him 100% Savic is also a powerhouse but not a natural DM. Dont sleep on Rabiot either he reminds me of Petit technically and hes a physically dominant. 2 Players of height and power added to our spine will really make a difference.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  20. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

As much as I don’t want it to happen, I think Ramsey could leave in the summer. If we got £40m for Ox, we should be trying to get £50m for Ramsey.

Also, would you sell Bellerin? He’s been poor this season but I can’t think of many other right backs I’d want, apart from Sidibe. I think we should set a £60-70m asking price for Bellerin, which is outrageous, don’t want to sell him but if someone bids that much they can have him.

The reports of our proposed summer transfer budget are slightly concerning but I still think we could have a decent window because we have so many average players to move on in the summer.

carlito'sway likes this.