• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HBL

Established Member
I think we need two midfielders if Wilshere leaves; three if Ramsey leaves but I’m hoping that doesn’t happen.

DM choices - Fabinho, Kondogbia, Ndidi, Nzonzi, Zakaria. In that order.

Wilshere replacements - Meyer, Golovin

Ramsey replacements - Ndombele, Doucoure & Havertz

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we need two midfielders if Wilshere leaves; three if Ramsey leaves but I’m hoping that doesn’t happen.

DM choices - Fabinho, Kondogbia, Ndidi, Nzonzi, Zakaria. In that order.

Wilshere replacements - Meyer, Golovin

Ramsey replacements - Ndombele, Doucoure & Havertz

I'd go along with that. I refuse to believe Ramsey will leave, but I could quite happily think about the future without Wilshere. This constant cycle of disappointment>injury>hope>promise>disappointment is just getting old.

Kondogbia and Golovin would be nice business, could get both for under 40m combined. If we're playing 3 midfielders then Ramsey, Xhaka, Kondogbia, Elneny & Golovin are good options with AMN an option too.

HBL

Established Member
I'd go along with that. I refuse to believe Ramsey will leave, but I could quite happily think about the future without Wilshere. This constant cycle of disappointment>injury>hope>promise>disappointment is just getting old.

Kondogbia and Golovin would be nice business, could get both for under 40m combined. If we're playing 3 midfielders then Ramsey, Xhaka, Kondogbia, Elneny & Golovin are good options with AMN an option too.
I’d be happy with either Golovin or Meyer, neither will demand the wages Wilshere wants and both are a great age and can also contribute both defensively and offensively.

Kongodbia for £30m and then Meyer/Golovin shouldn’t put a dent in our budget at all. We should get at least £40-45m from the sales of Mustafi, Ospina, Perez, Campbell and Akpom.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I’d be happy with either Golovin or Meyer, neither will demand the wages Wilshere wants and both are a great age and can also contribute both defensively and offensively.

Kongodbia for £30m and then Meyer/Golovin shouldn’t put a dent in our budget at all. We should get at least £40-45m from the sales of Mustafi, Ospina, Perez, Campbell and Akpom.

Still not sure Mustafi will be sold tbh, but yeah we should be able to raise some money.

I think why the Kondogbia idea is growing on me is because it's the sort of opportunistic deal this club needs to make in order to progress. We're not in a position where we can cherry-pick the most sought-after players. Either you take a gamble on a young player or you find value in more experienced players who aren't in the limelight so much. It's how clubs like Sevilla and Roma punch above their weight and it's what we need to start doing well if we're going to reverse this decline.

Newchange

How many midfielders do you guys reckon we should sell and sign?

Most of the top 6 teams in the Prem only have 4 regular midfielders...

Man Utd: Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini
Man City: De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Gundogan
Chelsea: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Drinkwater
Liverpool: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Chamberlain, Lallana
Tottenham: Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks

...and we currently have that many in Ramsey, Xhaka, Wilshere, and Elneny.

Elneny just signed an extension and there's no sign of Xhaka going anywhere. Wilshere contract ends after this season while Ramsey's single year left means the club might be tempted to sell if he doesn't extend.

So who would you guys let go/sell, and what type of player (or which actual player(s)) would you bring in to complement who you'd keep? Would you keep us at 4 midfielders, or get a 5th?

I'd personally let Wilshere go no matter what and get a strong, defensively-capable player (à la Matic/Fabinho) in. And if Ramsey doesn't extend, also sell him and get a technically-gifted, attacking midfielder in like Golovin, Ceballos, Ndombele or Havertz.

We clearly have the weakest midfield compared to our rivals. 2 in 2 out in my mind.

Out: Santi & Wilshere

In: Nzonzi/Fabinho
Rabiot/Banega

That would be my choices, but realistically we would only spend big on 1 and sign a younger option like Golovin.

JuanCarlosValeron

Still not sure Mustafi will be sold tbh, but yeah we should be able to raise some money.

I think why the Kondogbia idea is growing on me is because it's the sort of opportunistic deal this club needs to make in order to progress. We're not in a position where we can cherry-pick the most sought-after players. Either you take a gamble on a young player or you find value in more experienced players who aren't in the limelight so much. It's how clubs like Sevilla and Roma punch above their weight and it's what we need to start doing well if we're going to reverse this decline.

I would consider triggering Fabián Ruiz Peña´s release clause. He is an imposing figure, comfortable in possession and able to beat a man. If Ramsey were to depart, Torreira would represent good value for money. Ideally I would attempt to signa physically stronger player such as Zakaria or Ndombele, though the latter is a mere pipedream. Were we to receive a good offer for Xhakha, I would replace him with Amadou Diawara.

----------------------------------------Diawara---------------------------------
---------Zakaria----------------------------------------Ruiz Peña-------------

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Our first choice GK and RB have been our poorest performing players in the squad two seasons in a row now. These are the two key positions we need to address.

Also we need to get some good English midfielders, like Sam Field or Chalobah. I hate having a team full of foreigners.

We have them! :)

p200089.png

esr.jpg

How many midfielders do you guys reckon we should sell and sign?

Most of the top 6 teams in the Prem only have 4 regular midfielders...

Man Utd: Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini
Man City: De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Gundogan
Chelsea: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Drinkwater
Liverpool: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Chamberlain, Lallana
Tottenham: Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks

...and we currently have that many in Ramsey, Xhaka, Wilshere, and Elneny.

Elneny just signed an extension and there's no sign of Xhaka going anywhere. Wilshere contract ends after this season while Ramsey's single year left means the club might be tempted to sell if he doesn't extend.

So who would you guys let go/sell, and what type of player (or which actual player(s)) would you bring in to complement who you'd keep? Would you keep us at 4 midfielders, or get a 5th?

I'd personally let Wilshere go no matter what and get a strong, defensively-capable player (à la Matic/Fabinho) in. And if Ramsey doesn't extend, also sell him and get a technically-gifted, attacking midfielder in like Golovin, Ceballos, Ndombele or Havertz.

I was just thinking about this earlier today when I was in my chemical reactor analysis class.

Such a mistake to give Elneny a new contract but I don't think it would matter he would sit on his contract her until it is up and Wenger is not someone who would leave a player out in the cold. Wenger also has invested a lot of time in Xhaka and in his eyes I think he wont sell. Even if new manager came in the summer he might be tempted to keep Xhaka also.

That leaves us with Wilshere and his contract situation. But I'm not a fan of Meyer as his replacement. I would like to scout the France division for some player. Have heard good thigns about Ndombele. Havertz and Ceballos are also very interesting players I've heard. Golovin is a no no no!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In: Butland, Koulibaly, Kondogbia, Bailey

Out: Mertesacker, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ospina, Perez, Martinez, Jenkinson, Campbell, Holding & Mavropanos (both on loan)

Newchange

In: Butland, Koulibaly, Kondogbia, Bailey

Out: Mertesacker, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ospina, Perez, Martinez, Jenkinson, Campbell, Holding & Mavropanos (both on loan)

Solid options, but please not Butland. He will end up like Hart in a few years and has mistakes in him. Got to be better options out here

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Solid options, but please not Butland. He will end up like Hart in a few years and has mistakes in him. Got to be better options out here

Just trying to inject a wee dose of realism into it. Obviously he's no one's first choice.

Newchange

Just trying to inject a wee dose of realism into it. Obviously he's no one's first choice.

I get that, I just don't believe hes good enough to play for us and be a potential number one. This season of all seasons hes been more error prone then usual. Hopefully Sven can pull a gem out the bag in this area. Ederson was relatively unknown on these shores before turning up at City, so theres obviously decent keepers out there.

HBL

Established Member
Imagine if we got Koulibaly, Bailey & Kondogbia. The dream, signing Bailey would probably signal less game time for Lacazette. You’d like to think there will be a couple of high profile signings otherwise I don’t think Aubameyang & Özil would’ve joined and re-signed.

Mustafi has to go though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Imagine if we got Koulibaly, Bailey & Kondogbia. The dream, signing Bailey would probably signal less game time for Lacazette. You’d like to think there will be a couple of high profile signings otherwise I don’t think Aubameyang & Özil would’ve joined and re-signed.

Mustafi has to go though.

I'd want to see a front 3 of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Bailey. Auba and Bailey with pace for days cutting inside, not true wingers but more like 3 forwards all looking to score goals, Lacazette in the middle linking it together. Özil a bit deeper...phew-ee

HBL

Established Member
I'd want to see a front 3 of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Bailey. Auba and Bailey with pace for days cutting inside, not true wingers but more like 3 forwards all looking to score goals, Lacazette in the middle linking it together. Özil a bit deeper...phew-ee
Don’t think there is a chance Mkhi will be on the bench next season, if we sign an elite winger I think it will be Lacazette to make way.

Top Bottom