• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Forget about Bailey, Havertz is the big thing.

Normally one for Bayern. Fantastic footballer, 18 years old, 50 Bundesliga games already and 12 scorer this season.

HBL

Established Member
Havertz got two assists today as well.

Guedes looked lively against Barca in the first half today, Kondogbia was decent but wasn’t his best game. Valencia are a good team to watch.

Iniesta was magical, best player on the pitch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Forget about Bailey, Havertz is the big thing.

Normally one for Bayern. Fantastic footballer, 18 years old, 50 Bundesliga games already and 12 scorer this season.

Do you think he could be an understudy to Özil, or Leverkusen will hold onto him for dear life for a few more years?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Liverpool fans seem pretty confident Havertz will go to them, but then again they seem pretty confident they'll sign literally everyone. This tweet being a particular gem:

Wilshero

My main targets for the summer would be
1. A CM able to evade pressure and be a motor in our midfield. Also needed is great understanding of the game, both offensively and defensively. Basically a Cazorla replacement really. Our build up play from the back has really suffered since we lost him and nowadays we're screwed as soon as our opponents start pressing our midfield. Splash the cash on this position if needed.
2. A starting CB. No words needed here really.
3. GK. Plenty of talent here that can be had at a decent price point. Chech isn't good enough anymore and Ospina never was. Give Szczesny a call?
4. Not a priority atm imo, since we have excellent starting quality attacking players (compared to the rest of the team), but I wouldn't mind a young elite attacking prospect since most of our attack are getting closer to 30. Mostly a matter of age structure really.

Last edited:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Do you think he could be an understudy to Özil, or Leverkusen will hold onto him for dear life for a few more years?

At the moment Leverkusen tries everything to hold their young talented team together. New contract for Tah and Brandt. They don't want to sell Bailey in summer.

Think Havertz should stays some more years there anyway. He is only 18, so enough time. But he looks fantastic so far.
And if they finish in the top 4, the players probably don't want to leave anyway.
But they have a fantastic squad.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
At the moment Leverkusen tries everything to hold their young talented team together. New contract for Tah and Brandt. They don't want to sell Bailey in summer.

Think Havertz should stays some more years there anyway. He is only 18, so enough time. But he looks fantastic so far.
And if they finish in the top 4, the players probably don't want to leave anyway.
But they have a fantastic squad.

The Sp**s of Germany lol

HBL

Established Member
Out -
Mertesacker, Cazorla & Wilshere
Ospina - £7m
Lucas Perez - £10m
Joel Campbell - £8m
Mustafi - £25m
Akpom - £3m
Martinez - £3m
Jenkinson & Bramall - Give them away

A lot of it is guess work on the values and could be influenced by the World Cup with players like Campbell, Opsina & Mustafi but I think we’re guaranteed at least £55m from those players.

Would also consider selling Holding, Welbeck and possibly Iwobi if we get the right offers. Probably seems harsh but Welbeck is blocking Nketiah’ route into the first team and we could potentially make use of Welbz’ form to sell him for close to £20m.

Holding is decent but I don’t really see a future with us for him, Chambers is ahead of him and if we sign two cb’s, there are four cb’s ahead of him. I’d consider selling him for £10m+

Iwobi clearly has talent but he is just so inconsistent and it annoys me. Wenger has shown a lot of faith in him and he is yet to re-pay him. Would probably keep him though. He hasn’t justified the minutes he gets and it could be time to try Reine-Adelaide in his role if he doesn’t improve next season.

On the fence, with all three of those players though.

Loan - Mavropanos, Willock, Reine - Adelaide, Sheaf, Da Silva and Nketiah if Welbeck is still here.

I think we need to sign six players; A GK, proven/experienced cb, Cb with the potential to be elite, defensive mid, ball playing cm and a winger/wide forward.

GK is the position I’m really not sure who I’d want. Would probably either go for Pavlenka or Lafont, possibly Nick Pope but he’d probably cost more. I also like Pau Lopez from Espanyol.

Cb’s - Koulibaly would be my first choice, other options are probably Manolas and De Vrij for the experienced Cb. The younger Cb could be Soyoncu, Pavard or Diallo.

DM - Fabinho will bee too difficult to get. First choice would be Kondogbia, with Ndidi, Zakaria and Nzonzi as the best alternatives.

Ball playing CM - Meyer/Golovin

Winger - Bailey is the dream. Guedes or Malcom could be other choices.

Sign:
Pavlenka - £10m
Koulibaly - £55m
Soyoncu - £25m
Kondogbia - £30m
Meyer (free)/ Golovin - £10m
Bailey - £55m, he has been quieter the second half of the season and him not going to the World Cup could help any clubs looking to buy him.

Total cost: £175m/£185m, I’d like to think that’s fairly realistic but it probably isn’t. With the new sponsorships we’re supposedly getting and some high earners off the wage bill, I’m hopeful.

Then have four main attackers which we rotate in a 4321 with Nelson and Nketiah/Welbeck as other options.

Mkhi/Laca - Auba - Bailey
Özil - Ramsey
Kondogbia
Nacho - Koulibaly - Soyoncu - Bellerin
Pavlenka​

Obviously Kosc could be the second cb, depending on how well the other cb settles but Koulibaly would be the number one. Back up Side:

Welbz/Nketiah - Laca/Mkhi - Nelson
Iwobi/Elneny - Meyer/Golovin
Xhaka
Kolasinac - Kosc - Chambers - AMN
Cech​

That squad looks seriously strong in my opinion and could easily challenge in multiple competitions.

I apologise for the extremely long post but I absolutely love imagining that we’ll be active in the transfer window.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Blow our load on Ruben Neves.

Would walk into our midfield now & could make 50m on the fee selling to Madrid in a few years.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Blow our load on Ruben Neves.

Would walk into our midfield now & could make 50m on the fee selling to Madrid in a few years.

It's mad cos he's a Championship player at a relatively small club just promoted, but financially we probably couldn't afford him. Wolves' owners are loaded, there's something strange going on behind the scenes there with Jorge Mendes. Sessegnon we could get if we really wanted him, but Neves may well be out of our league, ludicrously.

HBL

Established Member
The ideal situation would be Nelson having a break through similar to the one Rashford had in these final six games. Hopefully we can finally have an elite talent of our own, rather than having to buy one, or attempting to buy one but missing out on them.

Having said that if Martial was leaving United I’d be all over that. Would be perfect for a 4321 if we plan to play that formation. He’d probably reject us though.

Emmanueleboue2

GK: Young gk with huge potential to take over 2019/20 (10m)
Lb/lM: R.Sessegnon(40m)
CB: Sven work your magic
Dm: Fabinho(50m)
Cm: Meyer/Golovin(0/20m)
Attacker: O.Dembele(100% possible, 1 year loan and obligation to buy at 70m)

190m(120 being this year), with many outgoings.

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Aubameyang
Martial - Mkhitaryan
Özil - Ramsey
Kondogbia
Kolasinac - Koulibaly - Kosc - Bellerin
Pavlenka​

Cech
Monreal
AMN