• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Stannis

We can sell Mustafi to fund the deals

We spent quite a bit on Lazazette and Aubameyang this season so this isn't an obscene amount

We need great players to compete for the title

I know its wish list, cant fault people for dreaming, but this is magic mushroom level

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
I know its wish list, cant fault people for dreaming, but this is magic mushroom level

No Messi and Ronaldo would be

If we can lure in Aubameyang I can't see why Savic and De Ligt are such unrealistic targets we could gurantee them a key player role so they would be keen on joining

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Doucoure isn't a DM in the Gilberto Silva mould, I acknowledge that, but there's more than one way to play. He does get forward but he also puts in 2.2 tackles a game, Ramsey puts in 1.4 while Xhaka puts in 1.9. That's a narrow illustration obviously, but it shows that the defensive work would be spread out between the three of them. Xhaka has less athleticism so he would mostly sit, collect the ball off the CBs and spread play while the other two would use their engines to get around the pitch more.

I don't see Doucoure as a Ramsey replacement at all, i'm always baffled by that idea. I see him working in a midfield three that has a much better balance of qualities than our midfields have had recently. And it all comes down to balance, doesn't it?

Incidentally I think Kondogbia, Zakaria and Ndombele could all perform this role too.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is a nice idea, he could also work in that role next to Xhaka and Ramsey, as he's not bad defensively; he has 1.6 tackles a game. It wouldn't be as solid, but it would be damn spectacular. He's gonna be a star. He's also probably out of our league, but it's nice to imagine.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Anyway, play that 3 man midfield system and any combination of Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang or Lacazette in a front 3. You don't need 4 attackers on the pitch to be good in attack, you can sacrifice an attacker for a midfielder and still attack well but with better overall balance.

Rouski

There are a lot of options to replenish our squad with free or far below market price options. We would need Mislintat's connections for a lot of these.
Timo Horn 24, £5m, reported relegation clause. Has stated he favours Arsenal over other premiership clubs.
Lukas Hradecky 28, free transfer, one of the best keepers in Bundesliga this season.
Jonas Hector 27, £9m, reported relegation clause one of the best left-backs out there to replace Monreal.
De Vrij 26, free transfer, top quality would be a major coup.
Johnny Evans 30, reported £3m relegation release clause.
Max Meyer 22, free transfer. Reported as possible Cazorla replacement.
Ozyakup 25, free transfer. Knows Arsenal style of play, good leadership and technical ability. An option if Wilshere leaves.
Nadeem Amiri 21, £15m, A player who would give a top-level option if Özil was missing.
Bernard 25, free transfer, is an upgrade on our squad options on the left side.

One thing Arsenal do well is paying top-level wages to attract players so I can see a few of these happening.

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Cb is the most intriguing position for me. We need two, will we sign two? Maybe, maybe not. Will we sign one experienced cb and one younger guy or two younger guys?

Due to the lack of experienced cb’s available it wouldn’t surprised me if we signed two younger cb’s.

HBL

Established Member
Hradecky (free) or Lafont - £15m
Soyoncu - £25m
Diallo - £15m
Kondogbia - £30m
Golovin - £10m
Martial - £50m

#YouthProject

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Hradecky (free) or Lafont - £15m
Soyoncu - £25m
Diallo - £15m
Kondogbia - £30m
Golovin - £10m
Martial - £50m

#YouthProject

We shouldn't buy two young CB's. Would like to have one experienced like Koulibably or Smalling. I would take Smalling every day, but don't think Mourinho will sell him to us.

Then a talented CB like Lenglet or Soyüncu.

+ Sell Mustafi. Koscielny as experienced Nr.3, one from Holding/Chambers as Nr.4 - the other one on loan.

Newchange

Doucoure isn't a DM in the Gilberto Silva mould, I acknowledge that, but there's more than one way to play. He does get forward but he also puts in 2.2 tackles a game, Ramsey puts in 1.4 while Xhaka puts in 1.9. That's a narrow illustration obviously, but it shows that the defensive work would be spread out between the three of them. Xhaka has less athleticism so he would mostly sit, collect the ball off the CBs and spread play while the other two would use their engines to get around the pitch more.

I don't see Doucoure as a Ramsey replacement at all, i'm always baffled by that idea. I see him working in a midfield three that has a much better balance of qualities than our midfields have had recently. And it all comes down to balance, doesn't it?

Incidentally I think Kondogbia, Zakaria and Ndombele could all perform this role too.

I agree with you to some existent. I guess having a 3 man midfield you would look for all 3 to provide different qualities to the team. Ramsey & Doucoure have a similar game in terms of getting around the pitch, box -box and scoring goals although the watford man does have physical presence we crave. I would rather a pure DM at the base like Nzoni, with a technically gifted midfielder to replace Cazorla and dictate our tempo and then a box-box to CM.

----------------Nzonzi-------------

-------Thiago/Banega---Ramsey

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I agree with you to some existent. I guess having a 3 man midfield you would look for all 3 to provide different qualities to the team. Ramsey & Doucoure have a similar game in terms of getting around the pitch, box -box and scoring goals although the watford man does have physical presence we crave. I would rather a pure DM at the base like Nzoni, with a technically gifted midfielder to replace Cazorla and dictate our tempo and then a box-box to CM.

----------------Nzonzi-------------

-------Thiago/Banega---Ramsey

Yeah I get that, and I think if Xhaka were out of the picture then you could for sure have someone like Nzonzi sitting at the base. But realistically I think Xhaka will still be around, so it's about how you find a good balance.

A 3 man midfield with a deep-lying playmaker at the base and then an attacking b-2-b mid and a defensive b-2-b mid either side is a good balance I think. We already have two of those roles covered, so just thinking realistically it wouldn't be difficult to cover the final one. 30-40m could get you a Doucoure, Kondogbia or Zakaria quite easily and it'd give us the physical presence we're lacking.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
---------------Butland
Bellerin - Manolas - Kos - Monreal
---Ramsey - Xhaka - Doucoure etc
---Özil - Aubameyang - Mkhitaryan

Still got some good technique there, but with added beefyness. Fwiw Zakaria is actually hands down my favourite out of those I've mentioned, he's just less experienced.

HBL

Established Member
We shouldn't buy two young CB's. Would like to have one experienced like Koulibably or Smalling. I would take Smalling every day, but don't think Mourinho will sell him to us.

Then a talented CB like Lenglet or Soyüncu.

+ Sell Mustafi. Koscielny as experienced Nr.3, one from Holding/Chambers as Nr.4 - the other one on loan.
I agree but there isn’t too many experienced cb’s available. Smalling isn’t good enough. Koulibaly, Manolas, De Vrij & David Luiz are the only ones that I can think of.

HBL

Established Member
I will be very surprised if Xhaka starts for us next season. Think he’ll be on the bench and rightly so. Played well in patches but overall he has been poor so far.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
- Butland
- Manolas
- Zakaria
- Young technical CM if Wilshere goes

Sell Ospina, Martinez, Perez etc. Loan out Holding, Mavropanos, Nketiah and maybe Willock.

Butland*/Cech/Macey
Bellerin/AMN/Manolas*/Kos/Mustafi/Chambers/Monreal/Kolasinac
Ramsey/Xhaka/Zakaria*/Elneny/Technical CM*
Özil/Mkhi/Iwobi/Nelson
Aubameyang/Lacazette/Welbeck

Looks pretty realistic to me. I'd add a winger too but I think the club will put faith in Nelson.

Newchange

---------------Butland
Bellerin - Manolas - Kos - Monreal
---Ramsey - Xhaka - Doucoure etc
---Özil - Aubameyang - Mkhitaryan

Still got some good technique there, but with added beefyness. Fwiw Zakaria is actually hands down my favourite out of those I've mentioned, he's just less experienced.

Interested to see how Zakaria does in the WC. Anyone who makes Xhaka look good has has got to be an option. It would cheaper to compliment him then replace him thats for sure

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kepa would be a great signing for our next GK.

Hope Madrid don’t get him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Did he sign a new deal? When Madrid were linked in January it was £20m ffs.

He's getting better and better, already backup to De Gea.
Yep. Real Madrid fans are obviously pissed, especially after their recent game in which he single-handedly kept them at bay.

Hopefully they chase De Gea now :drool:

Top Bottom