• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not so much dependent on the winger, because we do have an excellent attack anyway, but if we could get a quality senior midfielder in then that squad could easily get back to the Champions League next year. There are a lot of experienced professionals there, and if Emery can get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet then you could have a pretty formidable team.

People complain about the ages of everyone, but in every area of the pitch there's experience but also youth. Don't worry about the ages, even if N'Zonzi came I'd be totally fine with that (not Fellaini though, never Fellaini). Getting back into the CL is the objective, this squad can do that, then once you're back in it you have a bit more leeway in the transfer market for the Pavard's of this world.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
So apparently Munir could be on the leave this summer and for relatively cheap. How has he been the last couple of years? I remember he was the big talent in football couple of years back.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Lichtsteiner is in, bring Sokratis & Benatia in, sell Mustafi, Holding out on loan, pay N'Zonzi's release clause. Now, with player sales etc all that won't amount to a big net spend at all, there should be a fair chunk of money left for a big signing. Either go relatively cheap on a GK, like Butland and then go for a winger. Or, don't buy a winger and go all out for someone like Oblak.

You'd have a spine of Oblak, Benatia, Sokratis, N'Zonzi and/or Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Aubameyang. Now that's a f*cking good spine.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Could even play a sort of 4-2-2-2:

-------------------------Oblak

Bellerin/Lich - Sokratis - Benatia - Monreal/Kola

------------------ N'Zonzi - Xhaka

------- Özil -------------------------- Ramsey

------------ Aubameyang - Lacazette

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
People would complain that team's too old. F*ck that. That's not just a top 4 team, that's a title-challenging team.

Shaun90

Did anyone get a good look at Alfie Mawson last year?

I'm looking for left sided cb's who could compliment Sokratis. Mawson doesn't have aggressive no's like the Greek, he attempts less interceptions and tackles (at a high success rate tho) and statistically he is rarely dribbled past. He's alright on the ball and decent in the air. What I saw of him was solid but didn't stand out, so this is being gleaned from the stats. So did anybody watch him enough to give me a fuller analysis?

HBL

Established Member
I really wouldn’t want Xhaka and Nzonzi in the same team if I’m honest.
If we’re signing a midfielder it should be a dynamic box to box sort of midfielder like Torreira or Ndombele, Doucoure would be my third choice.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I really wouldn’t want Xhaka and Nzonzi in the same team if I’m honest.
If we’re signing a midfielder it should be a dynamic box to box sort of midfielder like Torreira or Ndombele, Doucoure would be my third choice.

The idea that someone like Ndombele would make us better than N'Zonzi is ridiculous. I'm all about exciting young players, i've been in that game for a while, but f*ck that, if you saw N'Zonzi play next to Xhaka you'd think differently. They're both class and N'Zonzi is much more mobile than people think he is.

I really don't care how little excitement N'Zonzi generates from fans. In terms of midfielders who are available to us and would make an immediate impact he's by far the best option. People would sh*t their pants if we got Rabiot, well N'Zonzi's just played Rabiot out of a place at the World Cup.

HBL

Established Member
The idea that someone like Ndombele would make us better than N'Zonzi is ridiculous. I'm all about exciting young players, i've been in that game for a while, but f*ck that, if you saw N'Zonzi play next to Xhaka you'd think differently. They're both class and N'Zonzi is much more mobile than people think he is.

I really don't care how little excitement N'Zonzi generates from fans. In terms of midfielders who are available to us and would make an immediate impact he's by far the best option. People would sh*t their pants if we got Rabiot, well N'Zonzi's just played Rabiot out of a place at the World Cup.
Think it’s fairly obvious that national team coaches have their favourites.
Plenty of players that shouldn’t be going, are going and it’s the same the other way around. So I’m not sure that’s a valid argument at all.

Nzonzi and Xhaka in the same team would be poor, both slow, aren’t capable of beating players and neither chip in with many goals.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think it’s fairly obvious that national team coaches have their favourites.
Plenty of players that shouldn’t be going, are going and it’s the same the other way around. So I’m not sure that’s a valid argument at all.

Nzonzi and Xhaka in the same team would be poor, both slow, aren’t capable of beating players and neither chip in with many goals.

So your default position is that he was picked on favouritism instead of quality and performances? That doesn't seem any more valid to me.

For the final time, N'Zonzi really isn't that slow. Secondly why do your two 'DM's' need to be able to beat players and score? They're job is to keep the ball, break up opposition attacks and feed the ball to the 4 attackers in front of them.

People love Ndombele cos he can beat a player, people loved Kovacic cos he can beat a player, people loved Wilshere cos he can beat a player. F*ck that, N'Zonzi would just pass the ball to where it needs to go. I don't remember Pirlo & Gattuso struggling to make it in professional football cos they couldn't 'beat a player'.

N'Zonzi & Xhaka might not excite you, but it would win football games.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can't believe the lack of respect that Mkhitarian recieves on this forum. He is a top quality forward.

I genuinely believe our squad is already strong and with Emery in, would produce more than last season. We have lost Mertesacker, Santi and potentially Koscielny (technically), we will very possibly be losing one or both of Wilshere and Ramsey. 3 of These 5 are our better and most critical players and therefore need replacing.

Licht and Sokratis to replace per and Low experience I am happy with. Santi needs replacing with a top, top cm - I'd take Yaya as a stop gap, but we need class. Keep Ramsey and replace Wilshere.

I don't believe our attack needs anything, but I'd like an exciting young forward.

benjamin86

Established Member
Wonder if Kluivert is worth a shout for the wing position. If he's talking to Roma he should be within our price range.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Kluivert is a spoiled brat who severely overestimates his own ability. His c*nt of an agent (Raiola) isn't helping (in terms of guidance).
If Roma really is paying a sum near the reported amount (€25m), they are paying way too much for a decent talent at best.

Not at Roma's (let alone our) level, bad buy.

Talking about wingers, any indications in the media what Guedes would cost?

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Kluivert is a spoiled brat who severely overestimates his own ability. His c*nt of an agent (Raiola) isn't helping (in terms of guidance).
If Roma really is paying a sum near the reported amount (€25m), they are paying way too much for a decent talent at best.

Guedes is a great player, watched Valencia a lot this season and he is a real talent. Think the consensus is that he will be available for around €30-35m.

benjamin86

Established Member

€18m (£15m) seems to be the price, worth a punt at that price?

Latest posts

Top Bottom