• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
€18m (£15m) seems to be the price, worth a punt at that price?
No, he's at least two years away from being good enough to play for Arsenal if he puts his head down and keeps developing. Which is doubtful with his mentality. I hope he will though, would be good for the Dutch national team, which could use a talent on the wings (in that sense I am more hopefully about Stengs, though he suffered a cruciate ligament injury at the beginning of last season so we'll have to see how he gets back).

Crocrodile

No, he's at least two years away from being good enough to play for Arsenal if he puts his head down and keeps developing. Which is doubtful with his mentality. I hope he will though, would be good for the Dutch national team, which could use a talent on the wings (in that sense I am more hopefully about Stengs, though he suffered a cruciate ligament injury at the beginning of last season so we'll have to see how he gets back).

What about Neres?
IMO he, Bailey and Guedes should be the three guys we chase.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What about Neres?
IMO he, Bailey and Guedes should be the three guys we chase.
I like Neres, but he is still a level below those guys I think. Few levels above Kluivert though.

What I like about Neres is that he always seems to spot his teammates if they are in a better position than he is. He's also a quite coldblooded finisher and a decent enough dribbler (better than Lozano in that regard).

I think he should stay with Ajax for another year, but if he performs well again the coming season Ajax won't be able to keep him any longer. It is a big step to Arsenal though, remains to be seen if he can make that step. What's more, he's significantly better on the right and I think our more immediate focus should be on finding a LW.

He'll do well in the PL I think, he can take hits and never complains. He's very focused. The physicality of the league won't faze him (unlike Kluivert).

benjamin86

Established Member
ah ok, i don't know much about him other than he seems to be held in high reguard. I'm sure some of that is just down to the name though.

Bergkamp1988

a>

Jcz1uhr

http://i.imgur.com/Jcz1uhr.jpg
------------------- Cech

Lichtst Mustafi sokratis kola

Xhaka. Torreira

Shaqiri. Özil. Mkhi

Aubameyang

Bench : J.Campbell, Ramsey, Monreal, Mavropanos, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Lacazette.

If we do get Torreira, I have no doubt he will be our best signing of the window. He is simply amazing. He is has the technical ability of Cazorla to get the ball out cleanly from down the pitch under pressure. Plus he has speed, power, strong will, great vision, passing, mean tackling (similar to Coquelin on the year of his comeback). Only weakness is his height which he makes up for with the above mentioned qualities.
Perfect Arsenal player.
Really hope Campbell gets a shot.
I still believe in Cech. and I believe Mustafi will benefit from having Lichtsteiner on his right. Bellerin should be benched at the beginning, so he can learn from watching the Swiss defend.

Last edited:

Bergkamp1988

Sorry for the double post. But this video really sums up the fella' very well. I'd pay 50M for this player without any sort hesitation (and he is only worth around 30M... That's a bargain)

Bergkamp1988

Let's not go overboard here

Don't mind if I do. We all miss Cazorla and we all miss Coquelin in his prime season when he was best tackler in the league.

Torreira is the fusion of those two players.

So. I'll say it again. I'll pay 50M (€) for the fella.

Stannis

this makes me sad

In an interview with Bild, Kolar spoke about Pavlenka and his future. "Pavlenka dreams one day of playing for a top European club. The next season will surely play for the Werder, then we will see. They called me in three to get Jiri, all three from the Premier League. But at the moment it's all irrelevant, "said the agent.

carlito'sway

Established Member
a>

Jcz1uhr

http://i.imgur.com/Jcz1uhr.jpg
------------------- Cech

Lichtst Mustafi sokratis kola

Xhaka. Torreira

Shaqiri. Özil. Mkhi

Aubameyang

Bench : J.Campbell, Ramsey, Monreal, Mavropanos, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Lacazette.

If we do get Torreira, I have no doubt he will be our best signing of the window. He is simply amazing. He is has the technical ability of Cazorla to get the ball out cleanly from down the pitch under pressure. Plus he has speed, power, strong will, great vision, passing, mean tackling (similar to Coquelin on the year of his comeback). Only weakness is his height which he makes up for with the above mentioned qualities.
Perfect Arsenal player.
Really hope Campbell gets a shot.
I still believe in Cech. and I believe Mustafi will benefit from having Lichtsteiner on his right. Bellerin should be benched at the beginning, so he can learn from watching the Swiss defend.

Did you say Campbell? Like in Joel Campbell? o_O

Bergkamp1988

Did you say Campbell? Like in Joel Campbell? o_O

Yes, that's right.

The only season he was given (half) a chance by Wenger (2015), he actually did very well.

Speed, technique, vision. Not world class but very decent squad player.

We have no player like him at the moment (left footed winger). I don't see why we should deprive ourselves of this guy. Plus he's on a cheap contract.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Yes, that's right.

The only season he was given (half) a chance by Wenger (2015), he actually did very well.

Speed, technique, vision. Not world class but very decent squad player.

We have no player like him at the moment (left footed winger). I don't see why we should deprive ourselves of this guy. Plus he's on a cheap contract.

May be we are talking about a different player. Campbell is a mediocre player who has no business at AFC. The dude is a championship level player.

blaise

I also liked Campbell always because he knows how to play football but he just isnt cut for PL, needs too much time on the ball, not a speedster, also not explosive enough for the wing. He d struggle to get in relegation teams.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
With Torreira looking likely, I would now say that this could be an inspired free transfer.

Here is some analysis on his role at United, specifically used to free up space for the more creative players. With Maitland-Niles we could add some much needed resilience, and height, to the base of our midfield.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we have signed:
-Lichsteiner
-Sokratis
-Soyuncu
-Torreira
-Leno

In the next few weeks then the wish list becomes much less painful to watch :lol:

After that I'd say sell Elneny, Mustafi/Welbeck for like £30m and go all out for Dembele of Barca then we have a great side.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom