• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

TornadoTed

Established Member
How happy would you be with this as a first team

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Mustafi Kolasniac
Torreira Xhaka
Özil Ramsey Mykhrarian
Aubamaeyang

I would be pretty worried, not enough goals in that front 4. Even if Auba got 40 and Özil, Ramsey and Mkhi got 10 each that is still only 70 goals, Salah, Firminho, Mane got 91 between them last season. Still has calamity Musitafi in defence too.

benjamin86

Established Member
I would be pretty worried, not enough goals in that front 4. Even if Auba got 40 and Özil, Ramsey and Mkhi got 10 each that is still only 70 goals, Salah, Firminho, Mane got 91 between them last season. Still has calamity Musitafi in defence too.
In the league Salah- 32, Firminho- 15, Mane- 10 next highest scorer still at the club is Ox on 3.
Aubameyang can get 25+ for us, Ramsey 10ish, Lacazette/Mkhi/Özil could get 7 or more each. Not to worried about scoring tbh.

Oooh to be

I will probably get grief for this, but I would like to see us replace Özil with Perisic and here is why.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...hester-united-why-does-jose-mourinho-want-him

Özil is our greatest creator, but I think it will be hard for him in Emery's side, he is suited to the Italian league were he can unlock defenses. A trade would be a good bit of business imo. Not to mention with Torreria, Xhaka and Ramsey all set to be starters, Özil will be pushed out wide. Then maybe pick up a young left footed winger (C Under) to complement Nelson on the right with Iwobi in the middle (2nd team)

Leno
Bellerin Boateng Sokratis Kola
Torreria Xhaka
Miki Rambo Perisic
Auba

2nd team
Cech
Lich Soyuncu Mavro Monreal
Elneny Wilshere(Lewis Cook)
Nelson Iwobi Under
Laca

Last edited:

N@th@n

I know this is never going to happen but I'd be interested to see us try out the formation England are using.

Something along these lines or could go with two up top instead of Özil at 10. We don't have any real wingers and probably can't afford to get them in this year alongside what else we need so think this could help get around that.

----------------Leno
--Sokratis--Soyuncu--Müstafi
Bellerin-----Xhaka-----Kolasinac
-------Ramsey-----Mkhi
---------------Özil
----------Aubameyang

----------------Ospina(?)
----Chambers--Kos---Monreal
Lichtsteiner---Torreira---Sessegnon(please!)
-------------Niles----Elneny
-----------------Iwobi
---------------Lacazette

Reserves: Macey, Nketiah, Nelson, Wilock, Holding(loan out replacing Monreal/Kos next year)

In
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Torreira
Leno
Lictsteiner
Sessegnon

I will probably get grief for this, but I would like to see us replace Özil with Perisic and here is why.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...hester-united-why-does-jose-mourinho-want-him

Özil is our greatest creator, but I think it will be hard for him in Emery's side, he is suited to the Italian league were he can unlock defenses. A trade would be a good bit of business imo. Not to mention with Torreria, Xhaka and Ramsey all set to be starters, Özil will be pushed out wide. Then maybe pick up a young left footed winger (C Under) to complement Nelson on the right with Iwobi in the middle (2nd team)

Leno
Bellerin Boateng Sokratis Kola
Torreria Xhaka
Miki Rambo Perisic
Auba

2nd team
Cech
Lich Soyuncu Mavro Monreal
Elneny Wilshere(Lewis Cook)
Nelson Iwobi Under
Laca

Not alone

Would be completely happy to see Özil sold for someone with a genuine work rate. Brilliant footballer but not as hard working as others

Think Ramsey is the guy to play center, sell Özil and get a Ramsey back up and attacking winger who can score goals

TornadoTed

Established Member
Not alone

Would be completely happy to see Özil sold for someone with a genuine work rate. Brilliant footballer but not as hard working as others

Think Ramsey is the guy to play center, sell Özil and get a Ramsey back up and attacking winger who can score goals

Bizarre isn't it, Özil is probably our best and only truly World class player but he just doesn't seem to fit in any formation I think of except 4-2-3-1 as a classic number 10. Unfortunately I don't think our midfield options are strong enough to play a 2 in midfield and one of Auba/Lacazette has to make way or get shunted to the wing.

Like you I would either sell Özil and buy a player who can play wide forward in a front 3 or sell Ramsey and play Özil in the midfield 3 with Xhaka and Torreira. I just don't see a way to play both of them together regularly.

Bizarre isn't it, Özil is probably our best and only truly World class player but he just doesn't seem to fit in any formation I think of except 4-2-3-1 as a classic number 10. Unfortunately I don't think our midfield options are strong enough to play a 2 in midfield and one of Auba/Lacazette has to make way or get shunted to the wing.

Like you I would either sell Özil and buy a player who can play wide forward in a front 3 or sell Ramsey and play Özil in the midfield 3 with Xhaka and Torreira. I just don't see a way to play both of them together regularly.

Don’t think there is a question that Özil is easily the best talent we have but he is no where near the hardest worker and as such that is why we need to keep Ramsey

If Özil has Ramsey or even Wilshere work rate then it wouldn’t be an issue

Stannis

I know I have harped on about it a lot but I really want Sander Berge. He will give us something we don’t have in midfield, and because we have Torreira, there won’t be that much pressure on Berge, allowing him to develop

His fee has been quoted at 10 - 15 million Euros, which is a steal.
Far better than blowing 30 million on N zonzi or wasting close to 150k on Fellani

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kovacic wants to leave Madrid.

Rarely am I one to wishlist a player these days but IMO we should be getting him instead of fannying about with Banega (even though I think he's a good player). Kovacic is the right kind of quality to add to our midfield IMO if we're gonna sign another CM with Torreira. If Ramsey isn't signing, Kovacic is the man.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kovacic wants to leave Madrid.

Rarely am I one to wishlist a player these days but IMO we should be getting him instead of fannying about with Banega (even though I think he's a good player). Kovacic is the right kind of quality to add to our midfield IMO if we're gonna sign another CM with Torreira. If Ramsey isn't signing, Kovacic is the man.
Failing that, there's possibly this:

Power, technique and poise. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Think he's likely a bigger talent and thus a surer bet than Willock and DaSilva, as much as I like them and think they have high ceilings. He's first team ready too, and has a lot to prove.

I haven't wishlisted any wingers mainly because there's that part of me that wants to see Nelson and Amaechi elevated to the first team next year. That's a wish from me!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Leno
Sokratis Mustafi Soyuncu
Bellerin Torreira Xhaka Monreal
Özil
Aubameyang Ronaldo​

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How happy would you be with this as a first team

Leno
Torreira Xhaka
Özil Ramsey Mykhrarian
Aubamaeyang
Leno
Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey
Özil
Laca Auba

would make me happy

bench
Monreal
Lichtensteiner
Danny (Perez)
Yaya
Iwobi
Cech
Mkith

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Don’t think there is a question that Özil is easily the best talent we have but he is no where near the hardest worker and as such that is why we need to keep Ramsey

If Özil has Ramsey or even Wilshere work rate then it wouldn’t be an issue

he is a hard worker, only that he works 95% of his effort offensivly

playing with two strikers as lethal as Auba and Laca, both with different strengths will elevate Özils numbers assist wise and create more space for him scoring to

TornadoTed

Established Member
Leno
Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey
Özil
Laca Auba

would make me happy

bench
Monreal
Lichtensteiner
Danny (Perez)
Yaya
Iwobi
Cech
Mkith

That is the exact side and formation I would play Mustafi aside, stick Pavard or Benatia in instead of him and that looks really strong.

Impact

Established Member
I think Emery and Mislintat are building towards this for the next season:
Sweeper Keeper
Attacking full-back - Stopper - Ball-playing defender - Attacking full-back
Ball-winning midfielder
Offensive box-to-box - Regista/Advanced playmaker
Advanced playmaker - No.9.5 - Wide forward/Poacher
As things stand, our starting eleven is likely to look like this:

Leno
Bellerín - Sokratis - Mustafi - Monreal
Lucas
Ramsey - Xhaka
Özil - Lacazette - Aubameyang
I would be looking at replacing Mustafi, bringing in competition to eventually take Monreal's role and a better partner for Ramsey as the 3 signings to do for the remainder of the transfer window.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
Unless we are buying a Dembélé/Gonçalo Guedes-esque talent for a role as a winger, I would prefer that we give opportunities to Reiss Nelson and Xavier Amaechi.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think Emery and Mislintat are building towards this for the next season:
Sweeper Keeper
Attacking full-back - Stopper - Ball-play defender - Attacking full-back
Ball-winning midfielder
Offensive box-to-box - Regista/Advanced playmaker
Advanced playmaker - No.9.5 - Wide forward/Poacher
As things stand, our starting eleven is likely to look like this:

Leno
Bellerín - Sokratis - Mustafi - Monreal
Lucas
Ramsey - Xhaka
Özil - Lacazette - Aubameyang
I would be looking at replacing Mustafi, bringing in competition to eventually take Monreal's role and a better partner for Ramsey as the 3 signings to do for the remainder of the transfer window.
LOL Play football manager much?

Top Bottom