• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GBLShorty

Butland to replace Cech and compete with Leno (plus homegrown)
Koulibaly to replace Mustafi
Winger (Pavon or Coman are realistic)
Rabiot if Ramsey is to leave.

LG10

Lascelles. Fallen out with Benitez, he'd be up for a move and big Ashley is always up for a sale. While the big boys are watching Maguire we'd be acquiring the better pure defender.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...y-the-brentford-forward-is-the-next-big-thing

Here is an article from Sky Sports about Watkins.
He has already 3 goals an 1 assist in the Championsship for Brentford so far.

Looks like Mislintat was at the Villa Park yesterday.

It's been a while since we made one of those moves for a promising young Brit. I suppose we sort of did with Cohen Bramall, but i'm still wondering if that was more of a charitable/PR exercise than a sincere transfer.

Do you know that Mislintat was at Villa, or was it more of a hope? This Watkins chap would be gettable if we wanted him, especially since Brentford are usually more than willing to sell at the right price.

I'd be totally down for a gamble on Watkins. Need more young options in attack, especially ones who can dribble. He's come up the hard way, a bit like the anti-Nelson.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Who will you guys be following with increased interest this season, particularly in the Premier League?

I'm keeping an eye on:
- Sessegnon, Lascelles, Ndombele, Bailey, Hudson-Odoi, Pavard, Zouma, Coman

Malky

Established Member
Butland to replace Cech and compete with Leno (plus homegrown)
What I've seen of him this season he's been awful.
Personally I think Pope is the best out of the young English keepers, and the one I'd rather see us sign. Butland is seriously over rated.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Thinking long-term, we need quick centre-backs who can pass the ball well. Sokratis isn't really that, but he'll be a fixture for a few years anyway. Koscielny and Mustafi might not feature for whatever reason next season. Who knows what'll happen to Chambers and Holding, but neither of them are very quick. Mavropanos looks quick-ish, so we'll see there.

I liked the idea of Caglar Soyuncu precisely because he's quick and a good passer. I thought he would be a very good successor to Koscielny. I wonder why he's gone to Leicester. He said he wanted to play, but there's simply a lot of competition in front of him there. Perhaps he should have had another season in Germany before a move.

Maybe it would be good to keep an eye on Brentford this season. Not only do they have Ollie Watkins, but they've also just bought Ezri Konsa from Charlton. Konsa is a quick ball-playing defender doing very well so far. Double swoop next summer?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On a side note, how fun would it be to peek inside Mislintat's office and eavesdrop on his meetings? I'd love to hear which players he's keeping an eye on.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Do you know that Mislintat was at Villa, or was it more of a hope? This Watkins chap would be gettable if we wanted him, especially since Brentford are usually more than willing to sell at the right price.

Source from a German Forum, has some connection to Mislintat and he wrote, that he was at Villa Park to scout him again.
Sadly no pics, because probably nobody from the Aston Villa (or Brentford) fans knows him. Don't know he close it is, already wrote something about this some months ago.

Think he is one of many talents/players we are scouting and we will look how they do during this season.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think we should also start looking at LBs. I'm starting to think Kolasinac just won't work. I mean it was fun at first but his physique might not even be suitable for a footballer, let alone a fullback covering huge distances each game. He's gonna get so many injuries in his career I reckon.

Kieran Tierney is the dream obviously (dear God let that happen), but if there's a left-sided Wan-Bissaka knocking about anywhere that'd be good too. Guessing it could be pretty expensive to get Ferland Mendy away from Lyon.

I'm going for a homegrown flavour here. Ezri Konsa to bring that ball-playing flair to the carpet and Kieran Tierney to terrorise down the left flank.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think we should also start looking at LBs. I'm starting to think Kolasinac just won't work. I mean it was fun at first but his physique might not even be suitable for a footballer, let alone a fullback covering huge distances each game. He's gonna get so many injuries in his career I reckon.

Kieran Tierney is the dream obviously (dear God let that happen), but if there's a left-sided Wan-Bissaka knocking about anywhere that'd be good too. Guessing it could be pretty expensive to get Ferland Mendy away from Lyon.

I'm going for a homegrown flavour here. Ezri Konsa to bring that ball-playing flair to the carpet and Kieran Tierney to terrorise down the left flank.
with the way Emery is setting up his team, I think AMN could have a pop at being LB.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Think we should also start looking at LBs.

I'm also thinking about LBs, preferably ones that can stick around for a long time. Don't know many of these names though, except for Tierney.

What would you guys think of José Gaya or Alex Telles? Will probably cost something around 30-35m pounds, I guess, but we'd be settled for the next 7 years.

Edit: Ferland Mendy looks like quite a player. Wouldn't mind him, but I'm with you that it would be nice to add some homegrown flavor.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm happy to see how Chambers gets on at Fulham and how Koscielny returns, before going mad on a CB. Holding we should cash in in though, when Koscielny returns. I think we have good CM options, we should really go all out for Rabiot as he's a big upgrade on the so far, excellent Ghendouzi. Our attack needs some flavour - Mkhi and Özil are too similar and struggling for form, Iwobi and Welbeck are great squaddies and Reiss and Nketiah are for the future. We've missed the boat on Bailey and Zaha, so buy Pavon.

We should make both signings in January. 30m for Rabiot and 40m for Pavon. I don't care if Rabiots contract is running out.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Source from a German Forum, has some connection to Mislintat and he wrote, that he was at Villa Park to scout him again.
Sadly no pics, because probably nobody from the Aston Villa (or Brentford) fans knows him. Don't know he close it is, already wrote something about this some months ago.

Think he is one of many talents/players we are scouting and we will look how they do during this season.

Was this the source though who said we were buying Kehrer?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'm also thinking about LBs, preferably ones that can stick around for a long time. Don't know many of these names though, except for Tierney.

What would you guys think of José Gaya or Alex Telles? Will probably cost something around 30-35m pounds, I guess, but we'd be settled for the next 7 years.

Edit: Ferland Mendy looks like quite a player. Wouldn't mind him, but I'm with you that it would be nice to add some homegrown flavor.

There's Ben Chilwell at Leicester, very good going forward and a decent defender. His contract runs to 2021, but knowing Leicester he might be quite expensive.

If this is the system Emery wants to go with then we should just double down. Play with attacking fullbacks? Ok, get the best attacking fullbacks you can. To be fair I do think Kolasinac is good going forward, I just think we can do better.

Not seen any of Gaya or Telles but I've heard they're good. I'm sure Sven's on the case!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He never said we were buying him or we were close to a buy. Just that the club had some conversations with him. Probably we had to try, because he had only 1 year left on his contract.

Ah fair enough, probably hung up the phone when they heard how much Schalke wanted for him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Looking into the crystal ball I think we'll need a LB, CB and a forward over the next two transfers windows.

I'm gonna set myself up for disappointment early this year by saying we absolutely *must* go for Ryan Sessegnon and Jadon Sancho. Both could be difficult to get, but both have contracts running out in 2020. No reason why we shouldn't set our sights on them.

I see Sessegnon's future as a LB for a big club, instead of a winger/forward. Sancho is on the road to becoming a very good LW, so the two could strike up a good partnership down the left for years to come. Meanwhile hopefully Nelson would come back to do the same with Bellerin down the right. We'd have some damn good London lads: Nelson, Sancho, Sessegnon, AMN, Iwobi, Eddie and the cockney king himself...Hector.

Maybe part of the reason we've been given such a cold shoulder by the media recently is simply that we don't have many England internationals. Media love some of that favouritism. Having a few of England's best prospects would no doubt help with that.

Central defence depends on Mustafi and to a lesser extent Koscielny. If Mustafi can show real signs of improvement and Kos recovers well then perhaps we won't need anything there, but if there's even a hint of doubt we'll need to make a move.

I like the look of Ezri Konsa, but realistically a 20 year old playing well in the Championship probs isn't the silver bullet we'd need. No other names stand out, there's a sh*t tonne of CBs out there. Just don't buy a sh*t one.

Sessegnon and Sancho are the game-changers. No excuse to miss out on them except a lack of ambition and chutzpah. Will settle for Tierney if Sessegnon doesn't work. Will not settle for Kolasinac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom