• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Because there are whispers that we're interested in Watkins.

Scouting can mean much to be fair.

Probably a club like Arsenal is scouting players all the times, especially talents. Don't want to know how many players we are scouting every week.

Maybe Watkins is 1 of 100. No idea.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Looking into the crystal ball I think we'll need a LB, CB and a forward over the next two transfers windows.

I'm gonna set myself up for disappointment early this year by saying we absolutely *must* go for Ryan Sessegnon and Jadon Sancho. Both could be difficult to get, but both have contracts running out in 2020. No reason why we shouldn't set our sights on them.

I see Sessegnon's future as a LB for a big club, instead of a winger/forward. Sancho is on the road to becoming a very good LW, so the two could strike up a good partnership down the left for years to come. Meanwhile hopefully Nelson would come back to do the same with Bellerin down the right. We'd have some damn good London lads: Nelson, Sancho, Sessegnon, AMN, Iwobi, Eddie and the cockney king himself...Hector.

Maybe part of the reason we've been given such a cold shoulder by the media recently is simply that we don't have many England internationals. Media love some of that favouritism. Having a few of England's best prospects would no doubt help with that.

Central defence depends on Mustafi and to a lesser extent Koscielny. If Mustafi can show real signs of improvement and Kos recovers well then perhaps we won't need anything there, but if there's even a hint of doubt we'll need to make a move.

I like the look of Ezri Konsa, but realistically a 20 year old playing well in the Championship probs isn't the silver bullet we'd need. No other names stand out, there's a sh*t tonne of CBs out there. Just don't buy a sh*t one.

Sessegnon and Sancho are the game-changers. No excuse to miss out on them except a lack of ambition and chutzpah. Will settle for Tierney if Sessegnon doesn't work. Will not settle for Kolasinac.

I really like your thinking, can only concur for most of it. I'd really like to see a talented LW and it would be great to see some English talent in our ranks. I highly rate Sancho. Haven't seen Sessegnon in action yet, but alternatively you mentioned Tierney and Chilwell. The latter has put up some good stats in his first games, will be interesting to see how he performs this season. Who knows, maybe we could even get Shaw as a free agent.

Over the next two windows I'd also like to see a good CM to replace Xhaka and Ramsey. One who has the technique to play out under pressure: Ndombele, Rabiot or Kovacic. Think that would be important in Emery's system. I also really like Lo Celso, surely he can't be too expensive if he plays well this season at Betis (shame we missed out on him). Dream would be Bentancur, but I wonder how much Juventus would ask.

I do think we need to buy a CB though. I'm not counting on Koscielny and even if Mustafi performs well this season, I'd rather see him sold. I would be delighted if we get in De Ligt from Ajax. Would be gutted if he goes to Sp**s again. Alternatively Upamecano or Pavard would be great. Maybe even two defenders if Chambers doesn't perform well this season. Alderweireld would be a dream, or let's see how Lascelles or Tarkowski performs this season (and add some more English flavor).

Lastly, I think we need to slowly start thinking about a successor for Özil. It'd be great if we pick up a long-term replacement, don't know who though. Currently looking at Kai Havertz videos on YouTube.
Edit: Or frustrate City by snatching Neves and converting to a midfield three?

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I really like your thinking, can only concur for most of it. I'd really like to see a talented LW and it would be great to see some English talent in our ranks. I highly rate Sancho. Haven't seen Sessegnon in action yet, but alternatively you mentioned Tierney and Chilwell. The latter has put up some good stats in his first games, will be interesting to see how he performs this season. Who knows, maybe we could even get Shaw as a free agent.

Over the next two windows I'd also like to see a good CM to replace Xhaka and Ramsey. One who has the technique to play out under pressure: Ndombele, Rabiot or Kovacic. Think that would be important in Emery's system. I also really like Lo Celso, surely he can't be too expensive if he plays well this season at Betis (shame we missed out on him). Dream would be Bentancur, but I wonder how much Juventus would ask.

I do think we need to buy a CB though. I'm not counting on Koscielny and even if Mustafi performs well this season, I'd rather see him sold. I would be delighted if we get in De Ligt from Ajax. Would be gutted if he goes to Sp**s again. Alternatively Upamecano or Pavard would be great. Maybe even two defenders if Chambers doesn't perform well this season. Alderweireld would be a dream, or let's see how Lascelles or Tarkowski performs this season (and add some more English flavor).

Lastly, I think we need to slowly start thinking about a successor for Özil. It'd be great if we pick up a long-term replacement, don't know who though. Currently looking at Kai Havertz videos on YouTube.

For sure, at the end of the day it all comes down to recruitment and if we can bring in some young players who will go on to become stars then it will save us money down the line. It's what Real Madrid are trying to do with Vinicius and Rodrygo. Providing they don't extend their contracts Sancho or Sessegnon should be available for around 25-30m, which is half or even a quarter of what they could be worth in a few years time.

Personally I like Xhaka and think he has a future here, but yes we'll need someone if Ramsey leaves. We already have a good future in midfield with Torreira & Guendouzi, hopefully AMN too.

Pavard will be incredibly expensive unfortunately, I think he's already out of our reach which is a shame. Upamecano is a great shout though. He's a good passer and very physical but he's also ridiculously quick over the ground, which we need with our high line.

It remains to be see but I actually think Iwobi can replace Özil. I don't think he has the quality of Özil, but he has the ability to link the midfield to the attack and his physicality will suit a pressing system. You're right though, Kai Havertz looks like a very special player.

Anyways i'm sure there's much more to come from Mislintat. He's been here for two transfer windows and he's already brought in three promising youngsters in Torreira, Guendouzi and Mavropanos. He's our ticket back to the top, I just think the club has to be proactive and not miss out on these future stars for lack of trying.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm gonna be following the progress of two young CBs this season: Ezri Konsa and Denis Vavro. Konsa is a quick ball-playing CB, while Vavro is an aggressive, more old-fashioned CB.

He's mainly scoring goals here, but just look at that celebration! I love this guy. He also scored the penalty that took Copenhagen into the Europa League. He looks like a clutch player, a big personality, a big balls defender. Him next to Mavro would be a sight to behold - Vavro & Mavro.

Anyway, if this time next year we're watching Konsa or Vavro in red and white then you'll know who to thank ;) If we're not then this post never happened there's nothing to see here move along now.

Dutch D

Both would pair really well with Torreira I think. Also keeping an eye on the performance of Lo Celso at Betis and if they can afford the 30m release clause. Nicolá Barella seems interesting in highlight videos too, though I haven't seen him play. All seem to be able to play out under pressure and have a defensive side to their game too.

Dutch D

Current wishlist

January

Out: Ramsey (€20m), Welbeck (€10m), Jenkinson (€2m)
In: Rabiot (€25m) / alternatives: Ndombele (€30m), Bentancur (€40m)
Net: +€7m

Summer

Out: Cech (contract), Mustafi (€20m), Koscielny (€5m), Kolasinac (€15m), Xhaka (€30m), Elneny (€10m), Chambers (€15m),
Total: €95m

In:
Skriniar (€50m) / alternatives: Alderweireld (free), Lascelles (€25m)
De Ligt (€45m) / alternative: Upamecano (€40m)
Ferland Mendy (€30m) / alternatives: Tierney (€20m), Gaya (€35m), Telles (€35m)
Amadou Diawara (€25m)
Sancho (€30m) / alternatives: Bailey (€55m), Martial (free), Coman (€50m)

Total: €180m
Net: -€85m

Seems like a feasible net spent, and with the profit of January there might be some room for a Sven gem on the wings. Mix-and-match depending on availability.

Leno / Martinez
Bellerin / Lichtsteiner - Skriniar / Sokratis - De Ligt / Mavro - Mendy / Nacho
Torreira / Diawara - Rabiot / AMN / Guendozi
Nelson / Mkhitaryan - Özil / Iwobi - Sancho / Auba
Auba / Laca / Nketiah​

Slightly unsure about Diawara as I want AMN to get minutes, but I feel he'd provide a bit more of a pure DM role that we're lacking in the squad.

Similarly, I want Nelson to get a lot of minutes and I expect him to do well at Hoffenheim but if he disappoints I'd go for a marque signing at RW and get a cheaper alternative for Skriniar.

In the summer window I want us to focus on defensive roles, with the focus on getting it right for the long-term. There are many changes in the starting XI, which I don't like, but many can be eased in (Sokratis and Nacho can start and Rabiot will be here for half a season already).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Current wishlist

January

Out: Ramsey (€20m), Welbeck (€10m), Jenkinson (€2m)
In: Rabiot (€25m) / alternatives: Ndombele (€30m), Bentancur (€40m)
Net: +€7m

Summer

Out: Cech (contract), Mustafi (€20m), Koscielny (€5m), Kolasinac (€15m), Xhaka (€30m), Elneny (€10m), Chambers (€15m),
Total: €95m

In:
Skriniar (€50m) / alternatives: Alderweireld (free), Lascelles (€25m)
De Ligt (€45m) / alternative: Upamecano (€40m)
Ferland Mendy (€30m) / alternatives: Tierney (€20m), Gaya (€35m), Telles (€35m)
Amadou Diawara (€25m)

Total: €180m
Net: -€85m

Seems like a feasible net spent, and with the profit of January there might be some room for a Sven gem on the wings. Mix-and-match depending on availability.

Leno / Martinez
Bellerin / Lichtsteiner - Skriniar / Sokratis - De Ligt / Mavro - Mendy / Nacho
Torreira / Diawara - Rabiot / AMN / Guendozi
Nelson / Mkhitaryan - Özil / Iwobi - Sancho / Auba
Auba / Laca / Nketiah​

Slightly unsure about Diawara as I want AMN to get minutes, but I feel he'd provide a bit more of a pure DM role that we're lacking in the squad.

Similarly, I want Nelson to get a lot of minutes and I expect him to do well at Hoffenheim but if he disappoints I'd go for a marque signing at RW and get a cheaper alternative for Skriniar.

In the summer window I want us to focus on defensive roles, with the focus on getting it right for the long-term. There are many changes in the starting XI, which I don't like, but many can be eased in (Sokratis and Nacho can start and Rabiot will be here for half a season already).
I’ve just noticed that you suggested we should do the exact same thing (xhaka and Ramsey for Rabiot/ndombele) a couple posts back lol :lol:
I’m not sure if I came up with it my self now or if I read your post one time and it eventually became a product of my subconsciousness.

I really like this but I think it could be a bit much for 2 transfer windows. I’d personally keep Elneny and forget about Diawara. I think he’s a good DM back up for Torreira and he seems to have no problem with his role in the team atm. I’d also wait and see how monreal and kola does this season before we go for a new LB. Getting two new CBs are much more important atm imo.

Last edited:

Zipfeklatscha

Pavard will be incredibly expensive unfortunately

Reschke (Stuttgarts Sporting Director) confirmed that Pavard has a release clause 2019 and basically every paper (in Germany) reported that he can go for 35m €, which is everything but expensive.
The issue is that big clubs are already interested and Arsenal will need to convince Pavard to join Arsenal.

I get it that it is a wish list, but I have some issues with your alternatives.

Bailey doesn't have a release clause and Leverkusen will not sell him for 55m€ if he has a contract until 2023.
United has an option to extend Martials contract for one more year and he won't be free.
And I don't see why Bayern would be willing to sell Coman.

Belgian_Gooner

We should be taking a look at Ismaila Sarr from Rennes as our winger signing. Plays primarily on the left but can also play on the right and through the middle. He would also be a more affordable and realistic signing for us has he is still relatively unknown and plays for a small club.

His pace is incredible, maybe even faster than Auba. Still very raw but if his decision making improves he will dominate the Premier League with his pace and power. He also played very well at the world cup for Senegal.

Dutch D

The issue is that big clubs are already interested and Arsenal will need to convince Pavard to join Arsenal.

I get it that it is a wish list, but I have some issues with your alternatives.

Bailey doesn't have a release clause and Leverkusen will not sell him for 55m€ if he has a contract until 2023.
United has an option to extend Martials contract for one more year and he won't be free.
And I don't see why Bayern would be willing to sell Coman.

Fair enough, it's just some names of players I think have the quality to improve us on the wing, don't know who (if any) will be available and what their price would be. I didn't know about United's option, and he still could likely sign an extension this year (especially if Mourinho leaves). Perhaps I've been too optimistic with Bailey's valuation, but we'll have to see how he performs this season and if a club like Leverkussen could really reject a €55m bid.

By the way, isn't everyone expecting Pavard to join Bayern? I'd like him, especially for 35m, although I don't think he's anything special on RB for France.

LegendofLondon

Benjamin pavard looks solid , could be good replacement for bellerin

isn't he Bayern bound? Pretty sure I've read that somewhere.

Could be coincidence but Florian Grillitsch's agent was at the Emirates yesterday. Midfielder from Hoffenheim who scored vs Donetsk. Can't say much about him though.

BobP

Memri Fan
isn't he Bayern bound? Pretty sure I've read that somewhere.

Could be coincidence but Florian Grillitsch's agent was at the Emirates yesterday. Midfielder from Hoffenheim who scored vs Donetsk. Can't say much about him though.

That's interesting.

AFAIK, none of his other clients were involved in that game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom