• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Let's get De Ligt so other teams can feel the Chillwell and we can win and throw a Partey while we have Zaha on the wing :)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Certainly agree with the Mahrez comparisons, I really like the look of Pepe, he'd be my first choice for a winger signing. 7 goals and 5 assists in Ligue 1 already this season.

I don't think Pepe is the one we should get. He may have goals and assists at this stage, but you have to take the league into consideration. I think primarily we need a winger who can beat people, carry the ball and ride challenges. Not someone who displays nice touches like Iwobi. We need a real threat in terms of running at defenders. That's what really opens up the game in England.

I've been banging on about Saint- Maximin for a while now. He is still being played out of position but over almost 900 minutes, he has the highest number of completed dribbles across Europe. 4.2 per game. That is insane when you consider he has played so many minutes.

I really believe we should invest in him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Players who I’m confident will be here next season: Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Mavro, AMN, Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, ESR, Iwobi, Özil, Mkhi, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Nketiah

Players who I can imagine leaving for one reason or another: Cech, Martínez, Lichtsteiner, Koscielny, Mustafi, Chambers, Monreal, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Elneny, Welbeck

Now not all of them will leave, but still a fair few could. Plus a few who’ll stay will need a loan I think.

At the very least I reckon we’ll need to bring in a LB, CB and CM over the next two transfer windows. We might also need back-up in goal, at RB, LB and also a wide forward, depending on whether we promote from within or not.

My inclination would be to invest heavily in quality at CB, scout cleverly and economically at LB and find another top prospect at CM, someone like Tanguy Ndombele, Nicolo Barella or Ibrahim Sangare.

If we can decisively sort out our defensive issues then I’d be fine with just relying on Nelson/iwobi/ESR and not buying a wide forward, although I’d like one.

We have quality in the important positions in attack, in goal and in midfield to a certain extent. We absolutely need more quality in central defence and a bit more in midfield. The rest can be supplemented with youth and wise buys. I’d gladly trust Nelson and take a cheap punt on Tagliafico if it means splashing out on Koulibaly, Pavard, de Ligt or someone of that calibre.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also by no means gonna stop my Pablo Fornals campaign. If we want to be a bit more solid in midfield, more Atleti, then maybe we should replace Ramsey with someone more defensive. If we want to continue our tradition of playing absolutely filthy football then Fornals is the guy.

His technique is outrageous, shades of Isco or Cazorla, but he also has the stamina and tenacity to play further back in midfield. There’s something special about him, something very Arsenal, he’d be a star here.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Fornals, Pavard and a LB who can’t prevent a cross from coming in...that’d be pure Arsenal. I want that.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I've had a YouTube scouting session earlier to check out some of the players mentioned. Although Youtube isn't the most reliable to say the least I am definitely on the Allan Saint-Maximin and Pablo Forlans hype train, not so convinced by Pepe, looks a bit gangly and awkward at times.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Is Pavard really as good as AMers seem to think he is? He was good at the WC at right back and seems like a good ball carrier but I'm not totally sold. He seems to be rated here at AM like he is a potential world beater.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Is Pavard really as good as AMers seem to think he is? He was good at the WC at right back and seems like a good ball carrier but I'm not totally sold. He seems to be rated here at AM like he is a potential world beater.

I think the buzz for Pavard comes from the fact that there is a slim chance that we could sign him. We haven't got the budget for highly sought after defenders like Koulibaly or Maguire or the creme de la creme of young talent like de Ligt. Pavard is one of the top prospects out there that might actually be achievable.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anybody know how the timeline lines up with Sven and dortmunds Alexander Isak

He was signed Jan 2017
Highly touted at one point and dortmund payed 9m euros

He is in the freezer now thou

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Best ask @Toby Andrl . But I’d say if a 22year old can win the World Cup playing out of position then he’s probably quite good.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think the buzz for Pavard comes from the fact that there is a slim chance that we could sign him. We haven't got the budget for highly sought after defenders like Koulibaly or Maguire or the creme de la creme of young talent like de Ligt. Pavard is one of the top prospects out there that might actually be achievable.
That makes sense.
Best ask @Toby Andrl . But I’d say if a 22year old can win the World Cup playing out of position then he’s probably quite good.
Score an absolute amazing goal on top but I'm wondering if RB is his best position. From what I've seen of him and from youtube he seems to more of a defensive rb comfortable carrying the ball out but not much of a central defender.

Though Toby knows best I suppose.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Players who I’m confident will be here next season: Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Mavro, AMN, Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, ESR, Iwobi, Özil, Mkhi, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Nketiah

Players who I can imagine leaving for one reason or another: Cech, Martínez, Lichtsteiner, Koscielny, Mustafi, Chambers, Monreal, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Elneny, Welbeck

Now not all of them will leave, but still a fair few could. Plus a few who’ll stay will need a loan I think.

At the very least I reckon we’ll need to bring in a LB, CB and CM over the next two transfer windows. We might also need back-up in goal, at RB, LB and also a wide forward, depending on whether we promote from within or not.

My inclination would be to invest heavily in quality at CB, scout cleverly and economically at LB and find another top prospect at CM, someone like Tanguy Ndombele, Nicolo Barella or Ibrahim Sangare.

If we can decisively sort out our defensive issues then I’d be fine with just relying on Nelson/iwobi/ESR and not buying a wide forward, although I’d like one.

We have quality in the important positions in attack, in goal and in midfield to a certain extent. We absolutely need more quality in central defence and a bit more in midfield. The rest can be supplemented with youth and wise buys. I’d gladly trust Nelson and take a cheap punt on Tagliafico if it means splashing out on Koulibaly, Pavard, de Ligt or someone of that calibre.

I think powerful dribbler is a must. Nelson is a 1v1 player in tight spaces. He will beat you, play a pass or shoot that happens in an around the box. He passes quickly and moves.

What we need is someone who literally takes the ball and runs with it, rides challenges. Someone who forces the opposition to double up on him. Not someone who drifts infield but someone who enjoys playing wide. Saint- Maximin for me.

I don't think Pavard is what we need either. I'd like faster centre back. Someone who can really recover.

I'd replace Xhaka with Barella. Don't think we need Fornals.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think powerful dribbler is a must. Nelson is a 1v1 player in tight spaces. He will beat you, play a pass or shoot that happens in an around the box. He passes quickly and moves.

What we need is someone who literally takes the ball and runs with it, rides challenges. Someone who forces the opposition to double up on him. Not someone who drifts infield but someone who enjoys playing wide. Saint- Maximin for me.

I don't think Pavard is what we need either. I'd like faster centre back. Someone who can really recover.

I'd replace Xhaka with Barella. Don't think we need Fornals.

Sure, we need a dribbler. Just saying our budget will probably be about 70m, maybe a bit more if we get CL. It’s not as big a priority as CB. If getting the required CB means we can’t afford a winger then so be it, we can make do with what we have. If we can afford a winger then go for it, there’s loads out there.

Agree that Barella would be a wise addition, I wouldn’t replace Xhaka though. I’d replace Elneny and Ramsey who’ll be leaving. If we got rid of Xhaka too it’d just be a midfield of kids.

Sure we maybe don’t need Fornals per se, I just don’t want any other team to have him. He’s class.

HBL

Established Member
Not a wish list player yet but one player I'll be keeping a close eye on this season is Boubakary Soumare, looks to have all the raw ingredients to become a world beater. Playing style very similar to someone like Ndombele, he is a proper athlete as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom