• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Great minds think alike. Except I'd want Sancho AND Dembele. But maybe I'm too greedy?

Not at all, they are both top tier talents. My thinking is that I still want to have room from local lad like Nelson, Saka and Amiechi to compete for a sensible sport in the first team group!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Not at all, they are both top tier talents. My thinking is that I still want to have room from local lad like Nelson, Saka and Amiechi to compete for a sensible sport in the first team group!
Looking at the ages of Mkhitaryan, Özil, and Aubameyang (and assuming Welbeck is gone)... I think there's plenty of room for Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Nelson, Sancho, AND Dembele.

Edit: The top tier squads are going to have to be two-deep at every position if they truly want to compete given the amount of games players are expected to play annually (including international level).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looking at the ages of Mkhitaryan, Özil, and Aubameyang (and assuming Welbeck is gone)... I think there's plenty of room for Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Nelson, Sancho, AND Dembele.

Edit: The top tier squads are going to have to be two-deep at every position if they truly want to compete given the amount of games players are expected to play annually (including international level).

It sounds good in theory but in reality you can’t have five young players stockpiled just for depth, not to mention Iwobi.You’re right that Özil, Auba and Mkhi are getting on a bit, but they’re not gone yet and they’ll still want to be starting.

I think Nketiah could do with a loan, maybe ESR too, I think Nelson could take Welbeck’s spot and perhaps there’s room for one more. But young players won’t agree to come here because Özil may decline in a couple of years, they’ll want to know they can play.

Also if this current exciting generation of academy talent is to fulfill its potential then at some point we’ll have to choose not to buy someone in order to play our guy instead. If it’s anyone it’ll be Nelson surely. I say integrate Nelson into the first team next season and use the money saved to strengthen the defence and midfield, which are still are weakest areas.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
https://statsbomb.com/2018/10/the-tantalizing-talent-of-lilles-nicolas-pepe/

A piece here on Nicolas Pépé. He’s not the finished article and it’d be better to judge nearer the end of the season, but he’s very talented. If the club were looking to invest in a relatively inexpensive winger with a high ceiling, then Pépé would be in the conversation.

Watched him closely vs PSG. We can do better. Unbelievably lazy defensively and he isn't explosive enough for me.

I would rather play Nelson on the right.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Has that slum South American forward mentality. What's great about him is that he'd probably do a great job either on the wing or up front.

Not sure if Everton would be in too much of a rush to sell anytime soon.

benjamin86

Established Member
Has that slum South American forward mentality. What's great about him is that he'd probably do a great job either on the wing or up front.

Not sure if Everton would be in too much of a rush to sell anytime soon.

That's why Everton bought him in the summer, another year at Watford and they would have been near the back of the que.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
De Ligt
Chillwell
Partey
Sancho
Dembele

Any of these and I would be over the moon!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Romagnoli, and not just because he's scored another late winner. Even in Milan's bad times he's been one of the shining lights.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have Sokratis, Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers and Movrapanos.
I think we should see how Mustafi/Sokratis do for us this season and if we still look shaky at the back then sell one of them and maybe look at Pavard (who has struggled this season) or Skriniar.

In the midfield department we will most likely keep Elneny and Ramsey till the end of the season so we will need to buy a midfielder or two next season, Barella for me ticks all the boxes.

For the wings I think we need a winger similar to Sanchez, someone who can get us 15+ goals a season, after watching Pepe against PSG I dont think he's the answer. Bailey has fallen out of favour with his current club so maybe he might be an option, we have been linked with Cengiz Under, Pavon is always an option. Demebele is the dream but I doubt we can afford him.

Sven has been incredible so far so I will trust whoever he gets

HBL

Established Member
Think we may gamble on Nelson as a the winger and then spend the rest of our budget elsewhere, if it means we can bring in a quality centre back and left back then I'm all for it.

Lacazette
Aubameyang - Özil - Mkhi/Iwobi

Nketiah/Welbeck
Mkhi/Iwobi - ESR - Nelson
Nice youthful back up but you can't help but think we probably need another senior wide player, especially if we're back in the champions league season.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Pavard could be worth a punt. He's struggling at Stuttgart right now, but the whole team is in shambles. His off form and VfB fighting relegation once again might put off some interested clubs. For the reported 37m € release clause we should be all over him to get him to Arsenal next summer. I expect fierce contest from Bayern, though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pavard could be worth a punt. He's struggling at Stuttgart right now, but the whole team is in shambles. His off form and VfB fighting relegation once again might put off some interested clubs. For the reported 37m € release clause we should be all over him to get him to Arsenal next summer. I expect fierce contest from Bayern, though.

Would he suit Emery’s style of play as a CB? Seems to me he would.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we are in the CL next season then we will need to bring in a winger plus Nelson but if we are still in the Europa League I can see Emry just adding Nelson to the team and focusing on defense and midfield.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pavard is a name and anything he has done has been while playing for France as a right back. If holding plays the entire season as a cb and maintains his current form. Then it is more about finding a left footed centre back who has pace and power to cover for Holding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom