• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Get rid of or not offer contracts to:

Cech - Free
Martinez - Free
Ospina - Free
Monreal - Free
Kos - Free
Jenkinson - Free
Chambers - Very little
Mustafi - Very little
Lichsteiner - Free
Ramsey - Free
Elneny - Very little
Mhki - Very little
Welbeck - Free
Özil - If we can get a half decent offer

This seems like mad FM stuff but most of them are out of contract and will happen. Mustafi, Özil amd Mhki going are a dream.

Next season:

GK:
Leno
Cheap new signing or small Cech contract

LB:
Kola
New young but good LB

CB:
Sokratis
Holding
Main new signing
Mavropanos
Promote someone

RB:
Bellerin
Promote someone or cheap young player, risky but funds tight

CM:
Torreira
Xhaka
Willock
Guendouzi
AMN

LW:
New signing, direct or give Saka or ESR a go
Iwobi

AM:
Özil as we wont sell

RW:
Reiss Nelson
Signing or give Saka or ESR a go on this side

Backup attackers:
Emile Smith Rowe
Saka

ST:
Lacazette
Auba
Nketiah

Very little money in sales but a **** load in saved wages. Promote a bunch of players, sign a couple of players that are on the fringes of making it big and go big on a CB. About 100 mil needed to spend. Significant less rot and a more hopeful future.

BobP

Memri Fan
Lorenzo Pellegrini would be an intelligent buy. Much like Lucas Torreira, he has a release clause between 25-30M and I doubt his wage demands would be extravagant.

Roma is his boyhood club however, so I'm not sure if there's a willingness, on his part, to move away.

Outside of that, he's a versatile midfield option who can play as a 6, 8 and 10.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we could unsettle him a bit and try to drive down his price, I think this is a good buy at the moment.

I think Wilf could be a goer in the summer, Palace are still too close to the relegation zone and I think they’ve only won one game in three years without him.

In the meantime I think the next Zaha might be Eberechi Eze at QPR. Insane dribbler, ball sticks to his feet and quick too. Can finish of either foot, Palace are linked but it’s the sort of signing we need to start making imo.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I think Wilf could be a goer in the summer, Palace are still too close to the relegation zone and I think they’ve only won one game in three years without him.

In the meantime I think the next Zaha might be Eberechi Eze at QPR. Insane dribbler, ball sticks to his feet and quick too. Can finish of either foot, Palace are linked but it’s the sort of signing we need to start making imo.
Yeah but are we looking at the lower leagues to find players? Im sure some here would turn their noses up at the player you mentioned just because he's at QPR without even seeing him play.

Bergkamp1988

Deulofeu from Watford would already be a plus compared to what we have (that is nothing..). 15 games, 3 goals, 3 assists in PL this season. Half decent..

I was *****ing about us not getting Shaqiri last summer, and rightly so. Those are unexpensive fees (Shaqiri was around 13M). Useful players too..

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Malang Sarr, Pablo Fornals, Ismaila Sarr

Are there better players? Yeah, but we need young players with good athleticism for cheap prices, I reckon those 3 would be good.

Oh and we also need a cheap, young and fast LB, maybe even two.

Sell Mustafi, Kolasinac, get rid of older players like Monreal, Cech, Kos, Mkhi, f*ck it even Özil. Strip the wage bill, raise funds.

We should be in a position where we have spare funds in place to get the next big thing when they come up.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I wish we had defenders who can defend without brainfarts, midfielders who can receive the ball under pressure and distribute with good weight on the pass, wingers with pace and tricks.

One can always dream.

HBL

Established Member
There is a very real chance Villareal could actually get relegated this season (poor Santi) so Fornals/Chukwueze could be available on the cheap.

Short term (this window) - Benatia & Suarez would probably be about as good as we can get without having any funds.

Summer- I think we could see a shuffle around similar to what City did, maybe not with such high profile signings but a lot of players could be trimmed from the squad. I also want to see a few youngsters promoted, they'll be much cheaper squad/fringe players.

Out: Cech, Elneny, Ramsey, Mustafi, Kosc, one of Kola/Monreal, Lich, Martinez, Jenkinson, Chambers, Welbeck, AMN (Loan with a view to sell) & maybe the same with Iwobi.
Surely that would be close to/more than £1m a week off the wage bill?

Players I'd look to bring in; GK, CB, LB, RB, CM & Winger.

GK - Walter Benitez/Maignan
RB - Youcef Atal, Wan-Bissaka is unrealistic unless we sell Bellerin.
CB - De Light (dream), Hermoso
LB - Tierney/Mendy
CM- Banega would be my choice but it doesn't look like he is leaving. So perhaps someone younger; Ndombele, Aouar & De Jong all out of our budget. Tonali from Brescia looks like a baller so why not.
Winger - PEPE.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I get it, but some of the poverty players being posted in here just shows how far we've fallen and how far away we are from the like of City. F*ck me it'll take years to clean up the mess that is Arsenal FC.

HBL

Established Member
I get it, but some of the poverty players being posted in here just shows how far we've fallen and how far away we are from the like of City. F*ck me it'll take years to clean up the mess that is Arsenal FC.
What players that have been posted on the last couple of pages are you referring to?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What players that have been posted on the last couple of pages are you referring to?

I mean just look at this last page there's not one top player mentioned. However I am not against many of the signings mentioned, I don't mind looking at going the youth route and hoping these signings turn into world class talent.

Players you have mentioned however would be great, De Light and Ndombele but other than that not many of these players take us up a level.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Man City signed smartly as well as chucking hundreds of millions around. Signings like Stones, Sane, Gundogan and Jesus cost about a combined £120m. We should be looking at similar style/profile signings. Gundogan is the anomaly as he had a large profile before his injury problems.

Let's buy a young cb (that's better than Dinos and Holding) - I'd take Laschelles. Mike Ashley wouldn't say no to 40m. Ghendouzi fits the young midfielder profile, so lets buy an older more experienced one. Kondogbia, Banega (too old?) and Dacoure/Ndidi fit that bill. Two of those have played for Emery before and the other 2 currently play in the premiership. Finally a young exciting forward who has tore up a less fashionable league. There are loads of options here and Reiss Nelson coming back matches Sane (profile in their first league in the Bundesliga NOT ability). so buy an exciting young forward - I'd happily take Malcolm, Sarr, St. Maxim, Brandt, Dolberg and a multitude of other options. If it's more local Demarey Gray or Zaha.

There are lots of players who would love to play for us. We need to stop farting around.

OUT - Cech FREE, Koscielny 5m, Mustafi 20m, Ramsey FREE, Lichtsteiner FREE, El Nenny 10M, Welbeck FREE, Mkhi 20M (reluctantly), Smith-Row (loan). 55m and a ****load off the wage bill

IN - Laschelles 40m, Kondogbia 30m, Zaha 60m. 130m and Torreria, Holding, Iwobi and Ghendouzi on new contracts.

-------------------------Leno--------------------------
-Bellerin-----Sokratis-------Laschelles---Beast--
----------torreria------------Kondogbia------------
--Zaha----------------Özil-----------------------------
------------------Lacazette-----Aubameyang--------

Bench options: Martinez, Holding, Dinos, Nacho, AMN, Ghendouzi, Xhaka, Iwobi, Nelson, Nketiah. Not much experience but so be it.

P.s. We missed out on Nzonzi

HBL

Established Member
I mean just look at this last page there's not one top player mentioned. However I am not against many of the signings mentioned, I don't mind looking at going the youth route and hoping these signings turn into world class talent.

Players you have mentioned however would be great, De Light and Ndombele but other than that not many of these players take us up a level.
It depends though, a lot of players that would be moving from mid-table clubs would improve. Most of them a good players already with even bigger potential, not sure we can afford to sign already established 'stars' with the lack of investment and the fact we don't really have too many sellable assets. Players like De Light/Ndombele are already some of the best performers in their position and I can't see us getting them with the amount of competition there will be for them.

Pepe is producing some impressive numbers this season and he has the productivity we desperately need from a wide player. Hermoso and Atal are two of the most interesting defensive talents in Europe imo, both outrageously good on the ball for their positions and would suit the way we play out from the back. Hermoso is also rapid and decent in the air for his size, good with both feet & I think he has a low release clause. Real were sniffing around but their interest seems to have cooled since Lopetegui got sacked.

For those that haven't seen much of Hermoso. Of course it's always better to watch him in matches but this video shows he has a bit about him.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Badiashile Benoit from Monaco. 17 years old defender. What a talent. Tall, quick, excellent sliding tackle and superb anticipation.

Top Bottom