• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Youcef Atal of OGC Nice.
Just looked at a youtube compilation. Seems agile, quick on his feet, good dribbler. 90% is just him dribbling forward though, doesn't always seem to have an eye for his teammates when he does. How is his crossing? Also, is he any good defensively? He seems rather tiny in stature and the video just shows a few recovery tackles.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lachelles/Ake, Cresswell and Zaha. If the funds were there I'd bring in a physical cm with ball playing ability i.e. Ndidi, Kondogbia or Gana (They do not have to be of African heritage!)

40m for the cb, 30mfor Cresswell and 70m for Zaha. All premier league based and all would contribute instantly. Nelson and Nketiah would get increased appearances as well.

Sell: Kolasinac (reluctantly),
Martinez, Ospina, Mustafi, Mkhi (reluctantly) and Iwobi on loan.
Lose: Lictsteiner, Cech, Ramsey and Welbeck for free.

----------------------------Leno
--Bellerin----Laschelles----Sokratis-----Cresswell--
-------------Torreria-----Xhaka(under pressure)---
--Zaha-------------Özil------
------------Lacazette------------PEA

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Club has to really plan this summer:

Definite outs are : Ramsey, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ospina, Cech, Welbeck, Lichtsteiner

Players who Emery doesn't rate and will try and move on: Chambers, Mustafi, Martinez, Özil, Monreal, Elneny.

That leaves us with:

GK: Leno
RB: Bellerin (inj)
CB: Sokratis.
CB: Mavropanos, Holding (inj)
LB: Kolasinac
CM: Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN
AM: Iwobi, Miki, Nelson.
ST: Auba, Laca.

That means we need a Gk, lb, rb, cb x2, cm, left footed winger.

This summer could be monumental especially if we get champions league.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Club has to really plan this summer:

Definite outs are : Ramsey, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ospina, Cech, Welbeck, Lichtsteiner

Players who Emery doesn't rate and will try and move on: Chambers, Mustafi, Martinez, Özil, Monreal, Elneny.

That leaves us with:

GK: Leno
RB: Bellerin (inj)
CB: Sokratis.
CB: Mavropanos, Holding (inj)
LB: Kolasinac
CM: Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN
AM: Iwobi, Miki, Nelson.
ST: Auba, Laca.

That means we need a Gk, lb, rb, cb x2, cm, left footed winger.

This summer could be monumental especially if we get champions league.

Leno, Lafont
Bellerin, Wan Bissaka
Sokratis, De Ligt, Upamecano
Kolasinac, Tierney
Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Savic
Iwobi, Mkhi, Nelson, Sessegnon
Aubameyang, Lacazette

Harry Hunter

Leno, Lafont
Bellerin, Wan Bissaka
Sokratis, Upamecano, Holding, Mavropanos
Kolašinac, Mendy
Torreia, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Fornals
Özil, Iwobi, Nelson, I.Sarr
Aubameyang, Lacazette

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leno, Lafont
Bellerin, Wan Bissaka
Sokratis, De Ligt, Upamecano
Kolasinac, Tierney
Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Savic
Iwobi, Mkhi, Nelson, Sessegnon
Aubameyang, Lacazette

Got to think of our budget. We have 100 million to spend without Champions League football. You would think we would have around 150 with it and possibly more due to the Adidas deal, however I would doubt that would be freed up for spending.

So we could probably go big on 3 players if you factor in sales.

We could do:

CB: DeLigt 60 million
CM: Aouar 40 million
WF: Pepe 50 million

That's 100 million spend if we sell who we need to sell.

Then it's all about scouring for full backs and a young CB, gk.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Got to think of our budget. We have 100 million to spend without Champions League football. You would think we would have around 150 with it and possibly more due to the Adidas deal, however I would doubt that would be freed up for spending.

So we could probably go big on 3 players if you factor in sales.

We could do:

CB: DeLigt 60 million
CM: Aouar 40 million
WF: Pepe 50 million

That's 100 million spend if we sell who we need to sell.

Then it's all about scouring for full backs and a young CB, gk.

What makes you think we’d have 100m to spend, even with the Adidas deal? We average a net spend of about 40-50m, last summer was actually above average. But there’s no precedent for 100m. It’s true there’s big scope to cut the wage bill and sell a few players, but I still can’t envisage 100m, let alone 150m.

I’m also not sure Emery doesn’t rate Mustafi, I think perhaps his fitness is just being managed. Although if someone offered us 30m for him that would be fantastic.

CJJ

Established Member
What do you guys think about Andreas Christensen from Chelsea? He's 22 years old and not getting game time at Chelsea and has publicly been showing his discontent with lack of opportunities. He was also highly regarded by Antonio Conté and played most of the games during their title winning season.
Worth our attention either now or in the summer?

N@th@n

What do you guys think about Andreas Christensen from Chelsea? He's 22 years old and not getting game time at Chelsea and has publicly been showing his discontent with lack of opportunities. He was also highly regarded by Antonio Conté and played most of the games during their title winning season.
Worth our attention either now or in the summer?

Hate to be picky but wasn't he on loan in Germany the year they won the league? Decent player though and taking a chance on the next one off the De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku conveyor belt might not be a bad shout.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Out: Cech, Martinez?, Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Chambers, Elneny, Ramsey, Özil? Mkhi?, Welbeck

In: fairly cheap GK, Max Aarons, Manolas, Jamal Lewis, Pablo Fornals, Denis Suarez?, Ismaila Sarr

Leno, GK*, Macey
Bellerin, Aarons*, Sokratis, Manolas*, Holding, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Lewis*
Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Denis Suarez*, Pablo Fornals*, Willock
Iwobi, Mkhi, Nelson, Sarr*, ESR, Saka
Auba, Laca, Nketiah

27 players there. I can’t imagine all three of Ramsey, Özil and Mkhi leaving, my guess is that Mkhi will still be here, even if I’m not his biggest fan these days. I’d assume a few of those youngsters will go out on loan too.

Fwiw if we had the budget for it I’d go for Kai Havertz instead of Fornals, as he’s extremely high quality, but Fornals would suit Emery very well in any case and would be much more affordable.

What I really want of course are the certain stars of the future, the de Ligts etc, but I don’t think we can afford that. But that squad does have some certain very good or potentially star players: Bellerin, Holding, Mavropanos, Torreira, Guendouzi, Fornals, Sarr, not to mention the all the British kids.

There are a few older heads in the squad, none too old, but hell of a lot of young players. Not all of them will go on to be stars, some will, and even the ones who don’t can fetch a good fee. That’s got to be the model from now on, when a player leaves for whatever reason we should get a fee for them and reinvest.

Newchange

As time goes on and expectations drop so has my summer transfer targets, a team to get us back in the top4 is required next season as I don't belive we will achieve it with the current squad.

In: Wan-Bisakka, Zouma,Ruben Neves, Loftus-Cheek,Zaha

Leno

Wan-Bisakka Sokratis Zouma Kolasinac

Torreira

Neves Loftus-Cheek

Zaha Auba

Lacazette

This side combines youth, pace and strength with premier league know how. A Ruben Neves Torreira combo could be something! I'd a gamble on Loftus-Cheek who adds power and goals from midfield alongside Neves. Defensively Wan-Bisakka adds some grit and athletism. Zouma is currently on loan at Everton and has been keeping there big summer signing Mina out of the side. Although not perfect he adds experience strength and character to a very frail defence. Yes he is a chelsea reject of sorts, but he has enough quality to be success here no doubt. He also wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Zaha is the main asset who needs no introduction. A forward line of Zaha, Laca & Auba would terrorise most defences in the league. Wishful thinking yes, but also more realistic then some of the names branded about.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm going to have a crack at being realistic.

Out - Cech £0, Martinez, £5, Lich £0, Kosc £5m, Mustafi £20m, Chambers £15m, Jenkinson £0, Elneny £15m, Ramsey £0, Özil £0, Mkhi £0, Welbeck £0

Total - £60m to add to our £60m transfer budget, that is worst case scenario of another season in the Europa League.

Very flexible, I think the following could easily switch between 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2

GK - Leno, Audero £15m, Macey

DL - Kolasinac, Monreal
DC - Sokratis, Mavropanos
DC - Orban £30, Holding
DR - Bellerin, Aarons £15m

MC - Xhaka, Guendouzi
MC - Torreira, AMN
AMC - Suarez £15m, Smith-Rowe

FL - Auba, Iwobi
FR - Pepe £45m, Nelson

SC - Laca, Nketiah

Wage bill massively reduced, age massively reduced. Go big the following summer replacing Monreal and upgrading the midfield.

CJJ

Established Member
Hate to be picky but wasn't he on loan in Germany the year they won the league? Decent player though and taking a chance on the next one off the De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku conveyor belt might not be a bad shout.
Lol you are right, my bad. :p Still i think he's worth keeping in mind. He's a ball playing defender who was highly rated by arguably a very good coach (Conté)

I'd say he fits Emery's style of play pretty well and could come on the cheap.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'm going to have a crack at being realistic.

Out - Cech £0, Martinez, £5, Lich £0, Kosc £5m, Mustafi £20m, Chambers £15m, Jenkinson £0, Elneny £15m, Ramsey £0, Özil £0, Mkhi £0, Welbeck £0

Total - £60m to add to our £60m transfer budget, that is worst case scenario of another season in the Europa League.

Very flexible, I think the following could easily switch between 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2

GK - Leno, Audero £15m, Macey

DL - Kolasinac, Monreal
DC - Sokratis, Mavropanos
DC - Orban £30, Holding
DR - Bellerin, Aarons £15m

MC - Xhaka, Guendouzi
MC - Torreira, AMN
AMC - Suarez £15m, Smith-Rowe

FL - Auba, Iwobi
FR - Pepe £45m, Nelson

SC - Laca, Nketiah

Wage bill massively reduced, age massively reduced. Go big the following summer replacing Monreal and upgrading the midfield.

Why would you lose Özil and Mkhi for nothing at all? I think they’d be hard to shift and you wouldn’t get huge offers for them, but you could get something surely, they do have contracts.

Mine would be Manolas 35m, Fornals 30m, Sarr 25m, Aarons+Lewis 20-30m, cheap goalie, Suarez 18m if rumours are believed...totals about 140m, I think you could receive maybe 50-60 in sales, possibly more, plus big savings on wages. With the new Adidas deal I reckon it’s doable.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Why would you lose Özil and Mkhi for nothing at all? I think they’d be hard to shift and you wouldn’t get huge offers for them, but you could get something surely, they do have contracts.

Mine would be Manolas 35m, Fornals 30m, Sarr 25m, Aarons+Lewis 20-30m, cheap goalie, Suarez 18m if rumours are believed...totals about 140m, I think you could receive maybe 50-60 in sales, possibly more, plus big savings on wages. With the new Adidas deal I reckon it’s doable.

I can't see anyone giving us anything for Özil and giving him £350k on top. We could get £10-15m for Mkhi I suppose, I was probably being harsh as I don't rate him at all but again he is on pretty big wages. I would gladly give them away to free up £500k+ per week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom