• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Apparently we're sitting on around £160m according to financial statements. So, bearing in mind we aren't going to spend it all, I'd like:

£70m on a stadium upgrade
£40m on our youth academy/youth infrastructure.

Happy to borrow up to £35m for that so that we have a solid £85m left in the bank. Then, with the £50m transfer kitty, I'd like to see a couple of good youngsters brought in - happy for the kitty to increase from player sales.

The reasons I want the stadium and youth upgrades more than players is that I don't trust Kronkarntspendadollar to invest a dollar into the club; to leave us with anything when he leaves; to meet some of the demand for season tickets; and to ensure we continue to have a good lot of youngsters coming through considering its unlikely we'll be able to spend £100m+ every season like the big clubs do.
In the transfer wishlist you want to upgrade our relatively new stadium? :lol:

ArsenalFever

The rumors from Lille are pointing to Bayern. Even the manager Galtier hinted that Pepe will play the CL next week in a top club with a red jersey.
"I see him as good with a team that plays all in red and likes to put wingers on the side of their weaker feet."
Those are the quotes, which does fit Arsenal’s profile despite playing cluedo.

HBL

Established Member
Massive shame if we can't get Pepe, he was the one winger I really wanted. I'll have to hype up someone else now. With the way Emery likes to play though I think he'll probably want a left footed winger, someone that will cut inside and leave space for the full back. My somewhat realistic Wishlist would be:

Out
Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck and Jenkinson (contracts expiring)
Lich - Unless we don't sign a back up rb.
Elneny - £10m
Mustafi - £20m
Monreal - £7m
Ospina - £3m
Martinez - £2m, unless we don't sign a back up rb.
Suarez or Mkhi

In

Pope - £10m
Mandi - £20m
Tierney - £20m
Aarons - £15m
RW - maybe Under or Chukwueze, hopefully Pepe.

Leno
Bellerin - Mandi - Sokratis - Kola/Tierney
Torreira - Xhaka/Douzi
Pepe/Under - Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

Pope/Martinez
Aarons/Lich - Holding - Mavro - Kola/Tierney
Willock - Xhaka/Douzi
Nelson - Mkhi - Iwobi
Nketiah​

carlito'sway

Established Member
Massive shame if we can't get Pepe, he was the one winger I really wanted. I'll have to hype up someone else now. With the way Emery likes to play though I think he'll probably want a left footed winger, someone that will cut inside and leave space for the full back. My somewhat realistic Wishlist would b
Pepe/Under - Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

Pope/Martinez
Aarons/Lich - Holding - Mavro - Kola/Tierney
Willock - Xhaka/Douzi
Nelson - Mkhi - Iwobi
Nketiah​

Pepe was always a pipe dream since I don't think the Club paying north of 60M for him. We missed the boat last year when he could have gone for half that fee.
Gelson Martins at Monaco (on loan from Atletico) is worth keeping an eye on. He looks really good so far.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Pepe was always a pipe dream since I don't think the Club paying north of 60M for him. We missed the boat last year when he could have gone for half that fee.
Gelson Martins at Monaco (on loan from Atletico) is worth keeping an eye on. He looks really good so far.

Even Bayern fans, who he's strongly linked to, say Bayern missed the boat on him 'cause he'll be too expensive and thus join one of the financial top clubs.

I mean Bayern are already flexing their muscle publicly saying they will spend big, but knowing them they will rather go big on Kai Havertz as a German talent and then add Julian Brandt for his relatively low release clause if they think they need another attacker on top of Havertz, Coman, Gnabry and Davies.
They might do it the other way round if Bayer wants to keep Havertz for another season, go for Brandt first as a bargain but quality option and then go for Havertz in 20/21 after they have a better verdict on Coman's health as well as Gnabry and Davies' quality.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Atletico are almost definitely going to be selling him as well.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Pepe is really good and still has a lot of upside. Gelson is worth keeping an eye on.
Pepe is good but he is being rated way too high. Gelson has no end product or a decent standard of basic game beyond speedy dribbling in straight lines and doesn't even show potential for improvement in that department.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Out: Cech, Ospina, Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mustafi, Chambers, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Elneny, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, (Özil, Iwobi,) Suarez, Welbeck, Asano, Saka (loan),

Full wish mode
In: Aarons, Tah, Konate, Mendy, Barella, Aouar, Hudson-Odoi

More realistic(?)
In: Aarons, Hermoso, Konate, Tierney, Partey, Fornals/Zaniolo, Bergwijn, Chukwueze

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Konate - Tierney
Torreira - Partey
Nelson - Fornals - Bergwijn
Aubameyang

Martinez
Aarons - Mavro - Hermoso / Holding - Monreal
Willock / Maitland-Niles - Guendouzi
Chukwueze - Smith-Rowe - Ameachi
Lacazette / Nketiah​
That 2nd realistic wish list would be something I'd love. Pretty much covers all the aspects the squad is missing. Apart from GK.

ArsenalFever

Robert Skov of FC Copenhagen
Has 21 goals in 23 appearances plus 6 assists, 22 year old plays as a right winger but is left footed.
Probably one of the best left foots in the modern game.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Pepe is good but he is being rated way too high. Gelson has no end product or a decent standard of basic game beyond speedy dribbling in straight lines and doesn't even show potential for improvement in that department.

Dude, have you seen Gelson once with Monaco? o_O.
The guy had 3 goals and one assist his first 4 games and is obviously talented. As I said earlier, he is worth keeping an eye on.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Never mind.... Pointless discussion.
No, seriously. I have seen him play enough times and stats without context are not worth much. He has electric pace on the run and incredible acceleration. But you can tell he struggles to keep control of his dribbles and can't direct his runs with or without the ball unless there's straight free space ahead. That can work in a lower level team who get space down the sides from breaks in play.

You can see and evaluate players in small details with imagination.

You don't believe me but for example, Bakayoko was someone everyone clamouring for with his performance for Monaco and he, on paper, fit a profile that we could definitely do with at the time. His stats and reputation all over indicated he was going to be a good player. Then you go to youtube and watch him closely. He looked to me to be incredibly rigid and heavy in his body movement. He couldn't move his legs smoothly enough and in balance. On the ball, it looked even worse. You could immediately tell he'd struggle in the PL in a matter of seconds and wouldn't be able to replicate his performance in a better quality team in a much more faster and intense competition.

With Nicolas Pepe, you can see that he has a unique ball control ability and skill on it in short spaces but not great. He understands space and timing very well in the final third with a good technique in his shot. But his body language and physical application seems a bit off. I get the feeling he'd get caught out often on the ball and not make the utmost effort either offensively or defensively. He seems to me like lacking in physical and mental intensity.

I'm not saying he is **** and isn't a good player with some upside but people are going overboard because of his stats.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Robert Skov of FC Copenhagen
Has 21 goals in 23 appearances plus 6 assists, 22 year old plays as a right winger but is left footed.
Probably one of the best left foots in the modern game.
as long as RVP is alive, the best left foot will be between him and Messi..

We should take a punt on Skov

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
@carlito'sway To add to that a bit and talk about Chukwueze....out of the options I have seen so far, he seems to be the most naturally gifted technically but the interesting thing is despite his superb pacy dribbling and foot movement in any situation he is able to maintain his handle or direction on the ball in any gear without losing his head. It reminds me Robben. He is someone you could possibly develop into something else. And La Liga is a pretty high level.

Top Bottom