• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

carlito'sway

Established Member
No, seriously. I have seen him play enough times and stats without context are not worth much. He has electric pace on the run and incredible acceleration. But you can tell he struggles to keep control of his dribbles and can't direct his runs with or without the ball unless there's straight free space ahead. That can work in a lower level team who get space down the sides from breaks in play.

You can see and evaluate players in small details with imagination.

You don't believe me but for example, Bakayoko was someone everyone clamouring for with his performance for Monaco and he, on paper, fit a profile that we could definitely do with at the time. His stats and reputation all over indicated he was going to be a good player. Then you go to youtube and watch him closely. He looked to me to be incredibly rigid and heavy in his body movement. He couldn't move his legs smoothly enough and in balance. On the ball, it looked even worse. You could immediately tell he'd struggle in the PL in a matter of seconds and wouldn't be able to replicate his performance in a better quality team in a much more faster and intense competition.

With Nicolas Pepe, you can see that he has a unique ball control ability and skill on it in short spaces but not great. He understands space and timing very well in the final third with a good technique in his shot. But his body language and physical application seems a bit off. I get the feeling he'd get caught out often on the ball and not make the utmost effort either offensively or defensively. He seems to me like lacking in physical and mental intensity.

I'm not saying he is **** and isn't a good player with some upside but people are going overboard because of his stats.

Thanks for a more rational response. I guess you are new here but I have been following L1 for years and, modesty aside, have been pretty spot on with regard to talent there. Go check the Ligue 1 threads.
Whatever you said about Bagayoko, I wrote that years ago when he was at Monaco. Fabinho was then the main player in CM's and helped hide Bagayako's limitations.
Anyway, I like Pepe and I think he can get to a higher level at Bayern.
He is explosive and will fit well there.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway To add to that a bit and talk about Chukwueze....out of the options I have seen so far, he seems to be the most naturally gifted technically but the interesting thing is despite his superb pacy dribbling and foot movement in any situation he is able to maintain his handle or direction on the ball in any gear without losing his head. It reminds me Robben. He is someone you could possibly develop into something else. And La Liga is a pretty high level.

I don't know much about that dude.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would really like us to sell Auba and get Joelinton. He literally has everything to develop the best centre forward in the world within the next 5 years. Pace, power, height, aerial ability, hold up play, skill and arrogance.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would really like us to sell Auba and get Joelinton. He literally has everything to develop the best centre forward in the world within the next 5 years. Pace, power, height, aerial ability, hold up play, skill and arrogance.

Sell Auba. I nearly laughed, hut it is not funny.

Should raid Leicester and come out with at least one of Maguire, Cresswell or Ndidi.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Tierney
Sessegnon
De Ligt

I’d hope we can move Mustafi out the door as well.

First piece of business come June 1st. Then we can start selling the other last chancers like El-Neny to raise funds for the purchase of proper talent.

De Ligt would be our Jaap Stam :bounce:

Windowlicker

People genuinely believe that a club of our size has a "budget". We have Cech, Monreal, Lich, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Welbeck expiring their contract in the summer. Thats almost 500k a week cleared guys. We also could get some fees of Mustafi, Elneny, Ospina... Depending on what Unai decides really who stays and who goes. This summer we have to make a statement, is the target to reach City and Liverpool level?
Tierney/Alex Telles/Chilwell
Savic/Manolas/Koulibaly
Wan Bissaka
Depay/Lozano/Pepe
Haller/Jovic
Realistic stuff

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom