• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Should we make the Champions League, I'm assuming it adds to our transfer funds significantly in addition to the personnel we hope to be shifting.

Should we have more than £150 million to spend I'd go to Palace to nab both Wilf Zaha & Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Go to Celtic & help ourselves to Keiran Tierney.

That would ideally leave us with enough for a very good centreback & any other position Emery believes needs reinforcing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Should we make the Champions League, I'm assuming it adds to our transfer funds significantly in addition to the personnel we hope to be shifting.

Should we have more than £150 million to spend I'd go to Palace to nab both Wilf Zaha & Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Go to Celtic & help ourselves to Keiran Tierney.

That would ideally leave us with enough for a very good centreback & any other position Emery believes needs reinforcing.

Those signings would improve our chances of challenging for the title hugely. I'm excited for next season - players like Iwobi and Holding (recovery permitting) will be more mature and contribute even more. Ghendouzi, Leno and Torreria will have fully adjusted to the Premier league and the likes of Sokratis and Aubameyang seem like becoming real leaders. If we aign some exciting talent in the form of Pepe, Lozano, Zaha, Wan Bisaka, Tierney, Barella - we'd have an outside shot.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Something I'd like our Hollish experts to shed some light on. I've been entertaining the possibility myself. Looks like a handy player to have. @Dutch D @razörist @Vinci what do you lot say?
Very good player: intelligent, quick feet, great vision and passing, very good mentality. Tries to force it sometimes which leads to lost posession at times and he has a very inconsistent shot, possibly great but often off target.

He has proven his quality against top opposition. Seems to develop into more of a playmaker currently.

He's better than most our players, but not sure the PL is where he should go.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Something I'd like our Hollish experts to shed some light on. I've been entertaining the possibility myself. Looks like a handy player to have. @Dutch D @razörist @Vinci what do you lot say?
It’s a tough one. Ziyech is a quality player but his playstyle is not for everyone. If I have to describe him, he is what most people want Özil to be. He has that quality ball, that killer pass, but he also shoots a lot, scores a lot, takes people on. His defense awareness isn’t great, but his work-rate is for sure. He will run, press, tackle for 90 minutes from the front. You would say great, sign him up. Except with these gains there are also some losses. He loses a lot of accuracy because he forces it so much. He can play your striker through on goal 5 times in a game but he will also lose the ball 20 times. Look up his passing accuracy, would surprise me if its above 75%. And he is a player that has the quality to get a consistent 90% minimum, but he doesn’t because of his style. He will score you a goal every two games, but he will also shoot it wide many times in a game.

That’s where I come back to Mesut, that is something he doesn’t do. When the pass isn’t there, he doesn’t play it. When the shot isn’t high percentage chance, he doesn’t take it. You lose X amount of chances/goals a season, but you gain stability, possession, control. That’s what you will lose with Ziyech, and you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? When he has his day, he will win you the game, all by himself with his sharp throughballs and his shots from distance. When he doesn’t have his day...it will cost you. It is for that reason he’s playing as a false right winger (and doing so brilliantly) this season. Its less of a risk there than as a midfielder.

I’ve always seen him more as ‘the’ man at a club like Sevilla, Lyon, Roma, maybe even Dortmund. He will move to at least that calibre club this summer, and I think I’d back him at one level higher too. But there’s always that questionmark, even for me, and I’m a big fan of his.

Last edited:

zhaggy

I wish for a new defence and some new wingers.

Same here, if i had to choose it would be to reinvigorate the defence.
A big physical presence for a cb would be nice, i dont know whos`s actually a realistic target that would improve us.

Some names that´s been mentioned before i think:

Dan-Axel Zagadou - Dortmund
Kalidou Koulibaly - Napoli
Nikola Milenkovic - Fiorentina

Probably some already playing in the PL that would take us up a level or some hidden gem playing in the Championship.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We are the biggest London club, who do not have a transfer ban so we should empty the clip on a huge statement signing. Yes I'm talking Isco or Bale. Reckon we could pull it off with champions league football - especially Isco. The problem is that the new manager of Madrid will make both integral players if he has any brain cells.

Krevsnih

I would actually take a chance on Ward Prowse. Good work ethics, run in both boxes, deadly right foot. Could need that, we Just have lefties now. .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It’s a tough one. Ziyech is a quality player but his playstyle is not for everyone. If I have to describe him, he is what most people want Özil to be. He has that quality ball, that killer pass, but he also shoots a lot, scores a lot, takes people on. His defense awareness isn’t great, but his work-rate is for sure. He will run, press, tackle for 90 minutes from the front. You would say great, sign him up. Except with these gains there are also some losses. He loses a lot of accuracy because he forces it so much. He can play your striker through on goal 5 times in a game but he will also lose the ball 20 times. Look up his passing accuracy, would surprise me if its above 75%. And he is a player that has the quality to get a consistent 90% minimum, but he doesn’t because of his style. He will score you a goal every two games, but he will also shoot it wide many times in a game.

That’s where I come back to Mesut, that is something he doesn’t do. When the pass isn’t there, he doesn’t play it. When the shot isn’t high percentage chance, he doesn’t take it. You lose X amount of chances/goals a season, but you gain stability, possession, control. That’s what you will lose with Ziyech, and you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? When he has his day, he will win you the game, all by himself with his sharp throughballs and his shots from distance. When he doesn’t have his day...it will cost you. It is for that reason he’s playing as a false right winger (and doing so brilliantly) this season. Its less of a risk there than as a midfielder.

I’ve always seen him more as ‘the’ man at a club like Sevilla, Lyon, Roma, maybe even Dortmund. He will move to at least that calibre club this summer, and I think I’d back him at one level higher too. But there’s always that questionmark, even for me, and I’m a big fan of his.
Update:

Bayern wants him.

So what do I know. :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We have to consider the reselling value of a player. How many times we lost a player with free transfer or a fee much less than what we buy him for? We should buy talented players in their 23-25, and sell them at 28-29 before their value drastically drop.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to go balls in ... Get a world class CB for 70M and put money aside for the wages. That is what we are missing and most

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I dont think there will be many 70mil defenders available. Who are those anyways?
Is there everyone's favorite Van Dijk copy waiting somewhere for a big move?

De Ligt being exception

that said, think there is lots of class defenders available for around 40 or less, should be enough

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to go balls in ... Get a world class CB for 70M and put money aside for the wages. That is what we are missing and most

Watching Van Dijk's towering performance yesterday reminds me just how much we truly miss someone in the like of Adams/Keown/Bould & Campbell.

If we get to the Champions League, we must through caution to the wind for once & spend BIG.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom