• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Newchange

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Holding. Grimaldo

Torreira
Brandt. Rabiot

Ziyech. Fraser
Lacazette

Martinez
AMN. Sokratis. Kosc. Kolasinac

Bennacer
ESR. Guendouzi

Nelson. iwobi

Auba

One can only wish! With at least 10players possibly leaving the club I see no reason why we couldn’t make something like this work. Time to rebuild from the core with a side avergeinf the age of 25

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We need to be looking at the best of the rest from the premier league and seeing who could we get who would improve us in the areas we need.

Personally I think:

Chillwell (30-40m)
Wan Bissaka( 30-40m)
Maddison (30-40m)
Lascelles (25m)

These are 4 realistic targets giving the money we have (ie not 60-70m players) and the likelihood they would come to us. They are proven in the premier league and while they aren't proven in a big team they all have the potential to be better. They also have sell on value if they do become really good or if they don't do well we should still be able to recoup half ( not like mustafi).

Leno
Sokratis koscielny lascelles
Wan Bissaka torreria Xhaka Chillwell
Maddison
Laca Auba

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Who do you suggest? I tried to keep it somewhat realistic if we make CL and based on who we are linked with.

Nelson can not be a starter for us next year - he needs to be learning in a less pressured environment. Other than that, really like the other players.

Krevsnih

Rabiot and Tielemans/van de beek for the midfield. Fraser and Tierney for the left side. Pepe and mounier(psg) right side. And Skriniar. Arsenal sorted.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Rabiot and Tielemans/van de beek for the midfield. Fraser and Tierney for the left side. Pepe and mounier(psg) right side. And Skriniar. Arsenal sorted.

Like it, but we won't spend that. I think we need to look at last summer as an indication (although granted we did bring in Auba in Jan 2018).

We should go hell and leather for Rabiot as A. He is free B. He is very good and C. He's worked under Emery before. I'd consider giving Mkhi and Iwobi and shot at the Ramsey void - both different in style but both better suited centrally. Sell Özil.

Spend big on the defence. A player like Pepe would be a huge bonus. I could see a Lozano or Pavon.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Out,

Cech - Free
Ospina - £5m
Mustafi - £15m
Chambers - £20m
Lich - Free
Monreal - £5m
Ramsey - Free
Elneny - £10m
Mkhi - £15m
Özil - Free
Welbeck - Free
Nketiah - £15m

Total - £85m

In,

Pope - £10m
Konate - £35m
Tierney - £25m
Fornals - £25m
Rabiot - Free
Fraser - £20m
Zaha - £60m

Total - £175m

£90m net spend

GK - Leno, Pope, Martinez
DL - Tierney, Kolasinac
DC - Konate, Kos
DC - Sokratis, Holding, Mavro
DR - Bellerin, AMN
MC - Torreira, AMN, Willock
MC - Rabiot, Xhaka
MC - Fornals, Iwobi
FL - Fraser, Iwobi
FC - Auba, Laca, Martinelli
FR - Zaha, Nelson

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Nelson can not be a starter for us next year - he needs to be learning in a less pressured environment. Other than that, really like the other players.

How about Mahrez as he is unsettled at City it seems? Or we just go all out for Zaha

benjamin86

Established Member
How about Mahrez as he is unsettled at City it seems? Or we just go all out for Zaha
I think Mahrez would be another Mhkit for us, i'd prefer a proper winger.

Personally i want us to be a bigger, stronger, faster, fitter team those are areas we can compete in, we can't compete trying to play the best technical football.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think Mahrez would be another Mhkit for us, i'd prefer a proper winger.

Personally i want us to be a bigger, stronger, faster, fitter team those are areas we can compete in, we can't compete trying to play the best technical football.
Mahrez is a proper winger and he’s more skillful than mkhi.
Traditional wingers are ****.
The best technical football is the best football.

Newchange

I think Brandt at Leverkusen would be an excellent Ramsey replacement. Alternatively the 2 lads at Bayern Tolliso & R.Sanches could be on the move. I’d take a punt on either for the right price.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Buy Fraser, Zaha, Tierney and Andre Gomes. Bin Iwobi, Mkhi, Özil, Mustafi, etc.

Should also give ample room to Nelson, Willock, Eddie, Saka to get game-time.

Fraser Lacazette Zaha
Gomes Xhaka
Torreira
Tierney Koscielny Holding Bellerin
Leno​

Check

I hope Emery will go with a 433 like Guardiola does, don't think it will happen but if he does, he should be after Brandt and Rabiot/Gomes as new more attacking midfielders. Buy Fraser, Tierney and if someone like Mahrez or Sane want to leave Man City, I want us to atleast and try to sign them. If we sell big, go for a quality CB as well.

Brandt 20m
Rabiot free
Tierney 25m
Fraser 20m
Mahrez 50m
That is 115m spend

When we sell Mustafi Mkhi Nacho Chambers and maybe Iwobi it should be possible

Fraser Laca/Auba Mahrez
Rabiot Brandt
Torreira
Tierney Holding Sokratis/Kos Bellerin
Leno

Then on the bench we still have players like Özil Xhaka Sok/Kos Laca/Auba Nelson ESR. Doubt it will happen but I think this type of 433 is the most effective. All the top clubs (Barcelona, Liverpool, City) al playing a 433 like this. Although Liverpool's 433 more flat is than the other two.

Last edited:

ChefMan21

At the moment I wouldn't mind seeing the below come June 2022. I suppose my approach is a few big signings for the first team, primarily built around a German defensive wall at the back to allow our attackers to flourish without concern. Notwithstanding their skills, I also like the physical presence some of the players bring.

-------------------------------------Leno-----------------------------------

------------------Anton-----------Tah-------------Stark---------------

----------------------------------Torreira----------------------------------

--------------------Guendouzi--------------Milinkovic-Savic--------

Nelson---------------------------Brandt----------------------------PEA

----------------------------------Lacazette---------------------------------

Sub: Pope
Sub: Holding
Sub: Berardi
Sub: Tonali
Sub: Iwobi
Sub: AMN
Sub: Amaechi

I think we could fund about half the signings from sales/the release of existing players, with the rest coming from our transfer kitty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom