• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Wenger14

Established Member
Yeah people this is a wish list, not a reality squad for next season.
Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Cech, Nesta, Gattusso, Adriano, Robinho, Joaquin, Robben, Eto'o, Cannavaro, Buffon, and Thierry Henry :shock:

KosyakOFF

My choices are Rochemback from Sporting (strong enough in physical plan and he makes progress in very rapid tempo, so Wenger could give him other football skills) and Kuijt from Feyenoord if price will be suitable, he can score almost in every situation + experienced + not so bad passes and great talent.

The Mini

What some of you are forgetting in a few comments are that this thread is your ideal signing, you're saying "I know its unrealistic..." I DONT CARE. Just post who you want.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
------------Henry-----?Striker?-------
----------(RvP, Bentley, Aliadiere, Bergkamp)------------

---Pires------Vieira-----Gilberto------Ljunberg--
---(Reyes)----(Flamini)---(Fabregas)----(?Winger?)

---Cole--------Campbell-----Toure--------Lauren----
---(Clichy)-----(senderos, Cygan)----(Eboue,Hoyte)

-------------------?No.1 keeper?--------------
-------------(Taylor, ?Proto?, Almunia)------

Striker to sign: we need a towery striker to give us more options in the air. Brescia's ex-U21 Caracciolo will be suitable. He is skillful and tall. If he can improve his physique and strength, he will add more variety to Arsenal's trade. Caracciolo can play as a holding striker and does what Alan Shearer did in Newcastle. This way of playing may be a bit old-school and 80's, but still could be very effective and simple.

Midfieler to sign: I rate SWP very high and I hope Arsène can sign him. If the 20m+ price tag is too forbidden, Alternatively, Arsène can use the money to sign Stuttgart's Hleb (12m) and Caracciolo (7m).

If Ashely renews his contract this summer (sell him if he doesn't!!), he and Clichy will still be pillars in Arsenal's left back. I don't think AW needs to sign any new defender as Senderos has been proven to be a strong candidate to challenge first team CB. I hope Eboue and Hoyte can make it into the first team next season, just like what RvP and Flamini did.

Keeper to sign: this is a tricky one. The nearly-relegated Mallorca's Kemani and Stuttgart's Hilbrandt both have good reputation. I think Kemani is be more likely to join as Mallorca had a dissapointed season. Hilbrandt seems less unlikely as he will try to be included in the WC'06 Germany selection. As for a backup keeper, AW should sign Le Louvier's talented keeper Silvio Proto. This 18-year-old has Casillas-like reflex and acrobatic. Most importatnly, he can command defenders to help him in goal -- a rare communicaiton ability for a youngster. His club only demands 600k for the player therefore AW should not let this great talent slipped away too easily.

So, (1) 26m for SWP+Kemani+Proto or (2) 28m for Hilbrandt+Helb+Caracciol+Proto. Either one can greatly enhance Arsenal's bid to the next season's domestic and european titles. And more improtantly, the signings are still within the 30m budget.

longrufus

Established Member
Some very good choices, hleb seems a great player (14assists this season), proto looks one for the future and Kameni looks a great prospect now (even though only 21). However Kameni plays for Espanyol who have had a great season, currently 6th and pushing for at least a uefa cup spot. So they will not let him go easily, he has a buy out clause i think of around 6million though so still affordable. Hildebrand was linked in January as he was out of contract in summer however agreed terms on a new contract so it is unlikely he will leave.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just read an update sbout Proto's current situation. He prefers Barca to Arsenal. The Catalan club has started negotiating with Proto and things seem going well for them. What a shame....

asajoseph

Established Member
Where you read that tactica? There was a story a little while ago saying something along those lines, but I was wondering if you have something a little more up to date?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
the rumour is in foreign langauge, don't think you'd bother. I only found one in English, which is abit outdated.

It is reported that Barca cannot guarantee 1st team place for Proto, as Valdes is Rijkaard's favourite. So Barca may arrange him on loan to another La Liga team to gain 1st team experience. That's what I heard.

A

Anonymous

If Ash happens to leave -

Leandro Cufré or Zdenek Grygera to rotate with Gael.
Both can even play at right-back.

KD

After today's performance (and those since he got back into the side), I believe Lehmann should be given at least another season as number 1. As a back-up, we could sign Proto or maybe even Carini from Juve (if he's willing to leave).

I'm undecided on Lauren, but if he should leave then perhaps a good replacement could be either Miguel (of Benfica) or Willy Sagnol.

We definitely need a more consistent right winger and I can't disagree with Shaun Wright-Phillips - he would be perfect. However, if he's too pricey, perhaps Hleb would be a good buy. What about Etxeberia?

As for a striker - what about Patrick Kluivert??? He's good in the air, can pass well, is a proven player and is available for free (right???). Otherwise maybe Kuijt, Baros or Makaay.

If Pires decides he wants to leave then I see Park from PSV as a perfect replacement.

asajoseph

Established Member
As for a striker - what about Patrick Kluivert???

You seen much of him this season? The guy needs to lose about 2 stone. No thank you. There's a reason that even a club like Newcastle don't want him.

KD

I see ur point asa, but despite his poor record in the past few seasons, i still believe that with the right manager giving him the right sort of motivation to play, he could bring back what he used to do. And with Wenger, I think we hav the right man to do it!

I still believe he has the great ability to finish clinically as we were reminded on a few occasions this season.

Canuck

Established Member
Sorry, I don't think it's a case of motivation for Kluivert. I just think he's past it.
Full Stop.
Sure he can still find the odd finish. He was a terrific striker in his prime so he'll always have that instinct. But it's just not often enough regardless of who's coaching him or where he's playing. Barca would rather have Larrson over Kluivert as far as over-the-hill strikers go and I don't blame them. More of a team player. Besides, I think that on a good day Dennis offers us much more than Kluivert could. With Reyes and RVP being promising options to pair with Thierry.
If we were going to sign a striker who was getting a little long in the tooth I would say that Trezuget and Totti would be well above Kluivet on my shopping list.

asajoseph

Established Member
Past it? He's 28! Good grief, the thought of being 'past it' by then will fill me with dread every time I wake up in the morning...

Seriously though, I simply believe that there are some players who can be brought back once they go Kluivert's way, and then there are others who can't. Kluivert's been a waster for too long, if you ask me, and I don't think that there's much to be gained from signing a player with an ego that size, paying him big wages (which he'll still want), on the gamble that he'll be willing to pull himself together. Indeed, it takes a willingness from the player to turn themselves around. If they don't have that, no manager in the world can do anything with them. As I don't know him, I can't say whether or not Kluivert has that. But I doubt it.

Canuck

Established Member
Past it? He's 28! Good grief, the thought of being 'past it' by then will fill me with dread every time I wake up in the morning...
Welcome to the cut-throat world of competitive sports. There's always some one younger and quicker waiting to take your spot. :wink:
Actually I'm 29 and there's certainly not as much pep in my engine as there was 4 years ago. Though having 2 kids will run you ragged.

You're right though, 28 isn't old at all. Don't know what got into me there. It just seems that he's been sliding downhill for quite some time I guess. Been out of favour at Barca for at least a couple seasons (...I think...) and certainly didn't impress in Newcastle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom