The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

Ndidi, Bruno Guimarães, Eriksen. If a LW, Everton Soares.

Ndidi = 70 million?
    Bruno Guimarães, Everton = 35 million each one.
    Eriksen = Free or low cost.

Leno
    Bellerin Saliba Luiz Tierney
    Ndidi (Torreira)
    Guendouzi (Willock) Eriksen (Bruno Guimarães)
    Pepe (Nelson/Saka) Aubameyang (Lacazette) Everton (Martinelli)

4-3-3 could be a 4-2-3-1 too with either Willock, Özil if he continues or Eriksen as AM.

I would try to develop Martinelli, I think he is a potential world class (or even franchise) player.

But Everton is perhaps the best player in Brazil today, and for me he should be already in Europe, he is only 23 and still improving (whoscored ratings as starter 7.1 in 2017, 7.4 in 2018 now 7.7 in 2019)... eventually could be a world class too, but even if not, I think he could be very useful player if you are looking for someone on the left for a relatively low cost in today's market.

Bruno Guimarães (22) is doing better than Arthur (of Barcelona) at the same age, according to Sofascore ratings, and is a player who offers quality, distribution and order in Arsenal's midfield , he could eventually be a world class player in his position as well, role of Deep Lying Playmaker, a bit of B2B too. Could be a good bet for his price.

BG and Everton are in the radar of the Brazilian NT for the next 10 years, if all goes right.

Eriksen is proven and is quality, could offer a more offensive option in the midfield-attack. Ndidi seems to be a defensive monster. These are proven in the Premier. They need no further explanation.

A new coach for sure and perhaps a new RB.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Underhill likes this.
  2. mma

mma Member

If the requirement for Allegri to accept is to spend money I'd condition him back and say 'we improved the EL finalist team last summer, we spent 150m, go and qualify for CL this year and you'll get 100m more to spend on top of that'. I think that'd be doable with CL money and getting rid of high wages of Mesut, Xhaka, Sokratis etc.

Get one midfielder to improve the team in January (Emre Can is a good player that Allegri knows and is proven in EPL, unhappy at Juve and we could probably get him for 30m or on loan with option to buy).

Then do everything you can to improve the defense and midfield next summer (my guess knowing Allegri would be he'd want Koulibaly and SMS). He knows both of them very well, they're playing at a high level for years so you know they're not one season wonders and they both speak English and Italian fluently so they can help with language issues if they exist.

My guess also is Allegri would want a deep team able to play different formations (4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 IMO). SMS and KK would cost 160-180m so you still have some money left for a good CAM like Bruno Fernandes. I'd also try and get Cavani for free next summer. Seasoned WC striker who regularly goes for 30+ goals (this team needs one more reliable goalscorer) and you could keep his deal short so it doesn't burden us like Özil. He'd also earn less than Özil so you actually save money in that 'swap'.

So...

- Cavani, SMS, KK, Bruno Fernandes, Emre Can IN
    - Özil, Xhaka, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Elneny OUT

DEF: Bellerin, Tierney, Chambers, Luiz, Koulibaly, Holding, Saliba
    MID: Torreira, Can, SMS, Guendouzi, Willock, Bruno Fernandes, AMN
    FW: Auba, Cavani, Lacazette, Martinelli, Pepe

You could make any combination of those strikers work, Bruno Fernandes can play as 3rd midfielder with Torreira and SMS or as a CAM behind two strikers, Auba can drift left with Cavani/Laca in the middle, Martinelli can learn a lot and develop behind them without pressure.

That is a deep and versatile team. You have strong leaders and hard-working character guys in every position (Leno, KK, Tierney, Torreira, SMS, Bruno F, Cavani). Allegri is a master tactician and man manager. He'd make that team tick like clockwork and have us challenging for every trophy there is.

It is a little pricey but nothing crazy. We spent 150m last summer w/o CL football. 100m more w/ CL is really not out of this world. If we actually want to be playing for all the marbles we need a top coach (Allegri) and 2-3 expensive players. If not then yeah, give us Arteta, cheap youngsters and let's dwell in EL for a while.

3. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Its been this way for years, I'm convinced its why our defence is a lot worse than it should be, yes they are pretty **** but ours are **** and exposed constantly, its why we see comical errors all the damn time.

Our midfield hasnt had balance or organisation for years.

asukru and Livommar like this.
  4. Livommar

Livommar Member

Yip. Midfield is a massive issue that needs fixed.

Guendouzi and Torreira are so overrated it’s unreal.

5. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

I partly agree about being overrated at present but I do think in the right set up and with additional 'help' they could be a lot better

6. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Napoli seem to be struggling in their league yet they have strong defenders. Why not lure some of them?

Koulibaly, Manolas etc.

7. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

Is Ziyech a possibility? He could play as a AM (like Özil) or on the right if Pepe is bad, or even on the left. Perhaps it could be a better try than Eriksen, I don't know.

Ndidi, Bruno Guimarães, Ziyech more a CB if it is needed could be a good list.

Mid-Attack

------- Guendounzi --- Ndidi -----------
    Pepe ---------- Ziyech -------- Aubemeyang or Saka or Martinelli
    ---------- Aubameyang/Lacazette -----

https://www.optasportspro.com/news-...ax-have-refined-their-approach-in-possession/

Subs: Özil (?), Willock, Torreira, Bruno Guimarães, Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah.

The team would also be interesting if Allegri took the office because he knows how to explore more speed and fast transitions, not just only the posession-oriented game.

Underhill likes this.
  8. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Suat Serdar from Schalke. Looks to have a great engine, technically sound, scores goals. Reminds me of Ramsey.

asukru likes this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Anyone rate Mitrovic? Think I’ll have him as back up CF.

asukru and Tir Na Nog like this.
  10. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

[​IMG]

Good character to have around the team aswell.

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I have a soft spot for target men, especially as a back up option. I like Mitrovic a lot. Still only 25 too and seems like he's been around quite a while.

GDeep™ likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Always liked him, strong CF, causes a lot of problems for the opposition. Think he’s better than Lacazette.

Tir Na Nog and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He was excellent for Serbia in the WC I think. Thought he was much older but looked at his age back then and he was only 22 or something.

Great with his back to goal, great in the air.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  14. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Of course you do.

DasBootist likes this.
  15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Does get put on the floor easily either, and doesn't start grinding up on the CB's crotch which is always a good sign. A bit of a scrapper, I think he could prove to be useful.

GDeep™ likes this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Bit of an arrogant **** too.

asukru and Tir Na Nog like this.
  17. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Mitro would be a great addition in my opinion

18. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

how much can Rice cost in January?

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

60/70M.

20. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

What do you guys think? we should be in for him.