• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Joestlaachmkr

Players which i would like to see wearing the Arsenal shirt are.

Milan Skriniar and/or Kostas Manolas, Matt Doherty, Declan Rice and Hakim Ziyech.

I know we are not going to get any of these players but.. i can dream.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
James Maddison, Declan Rice, Jack Grealish are good names (quality english player).

Ziyech (creative attacker), Ndidi (defensive monter) also.

About Brazilians I would recommend, Bruno Guimarães (controller/creator, 22 years old), Everton (Pacey winger/inside forward, 23 years old), Bruno Fuchs (would be a good bet for the future, 20 years old, ball-playing CB from Internacional).

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Originally, despite what they were talking about, Lucas Vazquez was not an bad idea or a less adjusted idea than Pepe to the right, especially if Emery thought of a 4-3-3 with Lacazette in the center and Aubameyang on the left. Lucas Vazquez has two good things, one of which is unused in today's Real Madrid (the RM without Cristiano Ronaldo), which is his ability to cross the ball, he has made a good pair with Cristiano Ronaldo in the portuguese last years with the Los Blancos.

The fact that he would be relatively cheap and would come from a strong league and competitive team could have been a reasonable bet, and if the price of the Spanish is still cheap it would still be worth a look, he could be a better fit (to Laca, Auba, even for Martinelli) than Pepé.

His xA in the poor last season of RM was still around 0.28, his high is 0.41.

Two players as Inside Forwards that could play on the left: Auba and Martinelli
One Inside Forward on the right: Pepé
One Pure Winger on the left: Saka
One Pure Winger on the right: Lucas Vazquez.

That would give you more variants imo.

His age always shocks me, he seems to have been around for ages.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We need to toughen up our team and change it up almost completely so here is what I wish:

Manager: Conte, Simeone or Poch

Lineup:
Leno
Pereira Saliba Koulibaly Kolasinac
Torreira Zakaria
Pepe Eriksen Traore
Lukaku
It's just a wish lol I feel this team wouldn't get bullied and would intimidate other teams. Koulibaly is made for the PL! Kola is a beast along with Zakaria and Lukaku. Traore and Pepe are pace whores while Eriksen is the creative guy.

This would never happen in a million years but whatever lol

Joestlaachmkr

Martin Ødegaard would have been a great signing for us but i doubt we can buy him, it has been reported that Pep wants Ødegaard as a replacement for David Silva at City to the summer.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We need to sign at least two midfielders, a RB and a CB (maybe two)

Think we need a mobile defensive/b2b mid that also has qualities on the ball. My choices would be Zakaria, Soumare, Camavinga, Ndidi, Zaydou Youssouf.

Other type of mid should be a more attacking mid with good defensive work rate. Unrealistic dream would be Ødegaard. Main choice for this role would be Ziyech but another option could be Grealish.

RB - Atal
CB - Demiral/Upamecano

Auba - Lacazette - Pepe
Guendouzi - Zieych
Camavinga
Tierney - Saliba - Demiral/Upamecano - Atal
Leno
Would love for us to sign an elite cb like Koulibaly but doubt it'll happen

Its infuriating because Koulibaly is there for the taking!!!

Vvd showed that it is worth every penny

HaffBR

James Maddison, Declan Rice, Jack Grealish are good names (quality english player).

Ziyech (creative attacker), Ndidi (defensive monter) also.

About Brazilians I would recommend, Bruno Guimarães (controller/creator, 22 years old), Everton (Pacey winger/inside forward, 23 years old), Bruno Fuchs (would be a good bet for the future, 20 years old, ball-playing CB from Internacional).

These are actually better videos from the BR players:

Bruno Guimarães is almost done with Atlético Madrid, but still could be available if you call him today (his price around 30Mill).
I think he could add a creativity and control in Arsenal midfield. Imo he could be more player than Guendounzi or Torreira, to name some Arsenal youngsters.

Everton his price would be around 35Mill imo.

Bruno Fuchs is a Brazilian prospect, his price could be now below 10Mill even around Martinelli's price or less, he may able to get European citizenship as well. Fuchs is tall (nowadays almost 6'4 I think), fast for his height, ball-playing CB (is not a ****e on the ball, is actually very good for a CB), can defend, especially can intercept very well. Could be a future pair with Saliba.

So, more or less for the price of Pepé (72mill) you can get three real Brazilian prospects (not like others Arsenal had before).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Jules Kounde
Kalvin Phillips
Moussa Djenepo
Jack Grealish
Jayden Bogle

I’ve been really impressed with Kounde at Sevilla this year. He’s been a rock.

Phillips is fantastic, Leeds don’t look the same without him. He’d improve us massively overnight.

Djenepo looks like a Mane regen, he looks electric when he plays. Bogle is one for the future.

Grealish could be a star for us in attacking midfield. He’s exactly the type of player we’re crying out for, great at breaking the lines and he’s developed his end product this year.

goonerfamily

In: Saliba, Demiral, Aarons, Partey, Can, Grealish, Zaha, Jovic

Out: Mustafi, Luiz, Chambers, Sokratis, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Torreira, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Aubameyang, Lacazette

(4-2-3-1) Leno; Aarons Saliba Demiral Tierney; Partey Guendouzi; Pepe Grealish Zaha; Jovic

We will only have to play one match a week next year as we wont be in Europe

Leeroy1979

I'd be happy with legs and graft in the middle of the park to shield the back 4.....ndidi, kongdobia, doucoure Zak aria weigl......put any 2 of these in front of a back 4 and even holding and chambers should be able to cope....I'd want a cb (mings? Dunk? Both more realistic than true quality options) but as I can't see us getting one I'd go for 2 beasts in the middle

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Jules Kounde
Kalvin Phillips
Moussa Djenepo
Jack Grealish
Jayden Bogle

I’ve been really impressed with Kounde at Sevilla this year. He’s been a rock.

Phillips is fantastic, Leeds don’t look the same without him. He’d improve us massively overnight.

Djenepo looks like a Mane regen, he looks electric when he plays. Bogle is one for the future.

Grealish could be a star for us in attacking midfield. He’s exactly the type of player we’re crying out for, great at breaking the lines and he’s developed his end product this year.

So to make this realistic with the state of the squad you’d like to ideally see:

January
Aubameyang out for Jovic and Ceballos and maybe 20/30M.

Also bring in Eberichi Eze. He’s doing really well this year. Think he could be a great buy.

Summer
Torreira, Xhaka, Mustafi all probably leaving.

Then go after Grealish and Kounde for the big money signings, if Villa want something mental then perhaps look at Ziyech. Sort out good loans for Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Mavrapanos, Nelson and Saka.

I’d want to bring in Kalvin Phillips. For me he should be in the England squad and compared to hype jobs like Declan Rice he’s the real deal.

Finally I’d like to see us move on Lacazette and go after Moussa Dembele if we have the spare money. It’d be pricey but he’s lighting up Ligue 1 atm and looks such a natural finisher, if you can’t afford him maybe Alfredo Morelos.

If you get a good offer for Chambers, maybe take it.

Total buys:
Dembele
Grealish
Ceballos
Jovic
Eze
Phillips
Kounde

Total sales:
Torreira
Xhaka
Mustafi
Lacazette
Aubameyang

So you’d have an overall squad of:
Leno
Martinez
Bellerin
Osei-Tutu
Holding
Kounde
Mavrapanos
David Luiz
Sokratis
Saliba
Tierney
Kolasinac
Ceballos
Guendouzi
Phillips
Maitland-Niles
Willock
Grealish
Özil
Eze
Martinelli
Pepe
Dembele
Jovic

That’s a young squad that while unlikely to challenge for a title will have a lot of young, hungry players we could reasonably get who could get us top 4 with some genuine quality up front in Jovic and Dembele.

We’re going to be stuck with Özil, David Luiz and Sokratis until 2021 but you could target some big signings that summer with the freed up wages.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Ndidi - 70 Mill?
Everton - 35 Mill
Bruno Guimarães - 30 Mill
Bruno Fuchs - 5 Mill
Total: 150 Mill

Not sure about the extra community thing tho.

Out = Someone - that is not midfielder to make money (I could be open for 65+ millions deals for Auba or Lacazette take into account that Auba would be 31 and Lacazette 29... Nketiah and Martinelli could play there). If Özil leave (would be nice) we can look at Luis Alberto, Ziyech or Grealish.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Leno
Martinez

Tierney
Kolasinac

Bellerin
AMN

If Sokratis or David Luiz will stay next year, then forget Bruno Fuchs or other young CB and sell one of Holding or Chambers. My original idea was keep both Chambers and Holding and just only one between Sokratis and David Luiz.

Sokratis
David Luiz
(Chambers or Holding)
Saliba

Ndidi
Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Bruno Guimarães
Willock

Özil (or Ziyech, Luis Alberto or Grealish)
Pepe
Everton
Martinelli
Nelson (or Saka, but for me Saka on loan to get minutes)
(Auba or Lacazette)
Nketiah

Trained by someone who knows how to develop young players. I heard that Pocchettino could be this guy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sander Berge would be a smart buy to add some power and pace in midfield in January. Knowing us we will probably try and punch above our weight and get Zakaria or Partey and fail while Berge gets snapped up.

Joestlaachmkr

Sander Berge would be a smart buy to add some power and pace in midfield in January. Knowing us we will probably try and punch above our weight and get Zakaria or Partey and fail while Berge gets snapped up.
That Genk player? saw him against Liverpool in the CL and Berge didn`t impress me in that game, but in general i dont know to much about him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom