• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I like Rabiot. Loan with buy option in the area of 25-40 million.
Let's how Ceballos end up this season. I think 25-30 million for the Real Madrid player could be a good business.
Grealish for 50-70 million.
And more one of Tonali/Marc Roca.

Grealish ----- Lacazette ------ Pepe
--------- Ceballos -- Rabiot ---------
----------------- Tonali ---------------

Subs

Saka -------- Martinelli ------ Nelson
-------- Willock --- Guendouzi -------
--------------- Torreira -----------------

Sell: Auba (50-75), Xhaka (25-45).
You can sell two CB too, Mustafi, Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz, Holding. You need only 3 of those with Saliba coming next year.
If you can sell Özil, better.

About Grealish: https://statsbomb.com/2019/12/premier-league-round-up-tottenhams-defence-grealish-mahrez-and-jesus/

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Out:
Auba £60m
Özil Free
Sokratis £5m
Xhaka £25m
Elneny £7m
Mkhy £8m
Mustafi £10m

Total: £115m (+ mammoth wages saved by offloading Özil)

In:
Dunk £35m
Partey £35m
Ziyech £35m
Zaha £60m
Right Back £15m

Total: £180m

£65m net spend but the wage bill would be considerably less, as Özil's wage would cover 2-3 incoming players' (and Aubameyang + Mkhy ain't cheap either)

Our highest paid players would go from 250-350k (Mkhy, Auba, Özil), to more modest figures like 150-250k.

Leno
Bellerin Dunk Saliba Tierney
Torreira Partey Ziyech
Pepe Lacazette Zaha

Martinez
? Chambers Luiz Kolasinac
Guendouzi Willock AMN
Nelson Martinelli Saka

Also: Holding, Nketiah

Agree with everyone of the additions but would recruit a left back as well & shift Kolasinac because he is levels below the type of player we should have playing for us.

Also, I have a concern that, with the exception of Auba, no one of the outs will fetch close to the quoted prices.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Out:
Alexander Lacazette
Reiss Nelson
Mesut Özil
Granit Xhaka
Shkodran Mustafi
David Luiz
Sead Kolašinac

In:
Wilfried Zaha
Jadon Sancho
Jack Grealish
Thomas Partey
Max Aarons
Tyrone Mings

Recall Nketiah. Move Saka to left back and Maitland-Niles to center midfield.

Last edited:

Divided_Pie

1. A complete #6. Someone who can circulate the ball in a possession-based philosophy and pull the strings from deep, someone who can keep possession and resist the press, and someone who off the ball has positional sense, defensive awareness, and the physical ability to cover space and win the ball.

2. A left-sided CB, preferably left-footed. Must have good ball skills and an ability to thrive in a possession-based system. Must have good pace and athleticism in order to play in a high line and win 1v1 when isolated after the opponent breaks pressure.

Not sure who those players are. Partey and Koulibaly would work well. Would be fine sacrificing Auba, Xhaka, and Torreira in order to make it work financially.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I went with Dayot Upamecano, Denis Zakaria and Houssem Aouar the last time I posted and I'll keep them in my list, but I'll add Dominik Szoboszlai. He's probably the only one that can actually be obtained in January, too. Zakaria, Aouar and Szoboszlai together would be mouth watering.

Leno
Bellerin Upamecano Saliba Tierney
Aouar Zakaria Szoboszlai
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli

Yeesh.

Hinderz

January:
Out
Xhaka - £30m
Torreira- £35m
Mustafi -£10m
Auba - £65m
In
Partey £50m
Umtitti £40m
Van de beek £50m

Summer
Out:
Luiz -free
Özil - £10m
Mkhitaryan - £10m
Sokratis - £10m
Elneny - £10m
Maitland Niles - £20m

In:
Zakaria - £45m
Jovic - loan to buy
Fraser - free (backup)
Aarons -£25m (backup)
Dunk - £25m (backup)
Saliba - loan end

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Would 100% have him in our squad for depth behind Saka and Martinelli (who would mainly rotate as CF) if it meant we could spend more cash on first team players while we rebalance our squad.
Or you can even save more money by not buying this piece of utter ****.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
if it was buying rather than a bosman, I would look elsewhere too but even if it costs us a bit in extra wages, I’d take it.
Arsenal wouldn’t take our grannies as players, even if I pay Arsenal £100,000 a week for that.
So why would they pay wage for a **** player?

It’s not about how cheap it is but the quality of the player. Fraser’s technical ability and skills are far below Arsenal standard. Disgusting playing style.

Last edited:

Hinderz

It’s not about how cheap it is but the quality of the player.
That’s not how I look at it, to me I t’s about opportunity cost and allocating our limited resources. I would rather us end up spending a large amount of money on a world class first team player, and sacrifice having a lesser player on a free In the short term as 2/3 choice in a position for the cup games and emergencies, than having to slice off part of our limited resources and buy a cheaper first choice player just so we can buy a slightly better player that sits on the bench. We can always move him on later as the squad develops but at least we retain the initial worldie.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That’s not how I look at it, to me I t’s about opportunity cost and allocating our limited resources. I would rather us end up spending a large amount of money on a world class first team player, and sacrifice having a lesser player on a free In the short term as 2/3 choice in a position for the cup games and emergencies, than having to slice off part of our limited resources and buy a cheaper first choice player just so we can buy a slightly better player that sits on the bench. We can always move him on later as the squad develops but at least we retain the initial worldie.
Then why not have our grannies on the bench and me paying the club £100,000 a week?
The club will have more financial power this way, than paying the wage of that ****.

Last edited:

Hinderz

Then why not have our grannies on the bench and me paying the club £100,000 a week?
The club will have more financial power this way, than paying the wage of that ****.
Mate if your Gran is a 25 yo international who scored 7 goals and had 14 assists in the premier league last year, I’d happily consider her, mine on the other hand are dead..

Latest posts

Top Bottom