• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Mate if your Gran is a 25 yo international who scored 7 goals and had 14 assists in the premier league last year, I’d happily consider her, mine on the other hand are dead..
His stats looks good because he was played in a certain way, and Arteta plays a different way, which he will not be able to replicate 1/5 of his stats.

He has no skills, no technical ability, play direct, plays long ball, no through pass, poor touch, poor control, no one two, no flair, no creativity, boring, cant dribble, dull....which represents the exact opposite value of our club.

He might still score or assist, but his lack of technical skills will cost us possession, and create less chance for the team overall. So our team will score less goal as a whole with him in the team.

We need players like hleb and Nasri who can dribble past multiple players with ease and play beautiful football. Fraser is a negative direction of what we should step into.

We are not paying to see a therapy for sleeping disorder every weekend, we are paying to watch Arsenal.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
In:

Gouiri, Reinier Jesus, Chukwueze, Szoboszlai, Aouar, Ndidi, Tonali, Upamecano, Saliba, Bellanova, Plizzari

Out:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Luiz, Martinez

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Please, who's that Gabriel kid from Lille that we're linked with?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I went with Dayot Upamecano, Denis Zakaria and Houssem Aouar the last time I posted and I'll keep them in my list, but I'll add Dominik Szoboszlai. He's probably the only one that can actually be obtained in January, too. Zakaria, Aouar and Szoboszlai together would be mouth watering.

Leno
Bellerin Upamecano Saliba Tierney
Aouar Zakaria Szoboszlai
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli

Yeesh.

I'd happily take the 3 you listed which are also quite realistic too, being half Hungarian I'd take Szobobszlai too, your wishlist is pretty much what I want and also not too out there as like the 'Mbappe' being thrown about.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'd happily take the 3 you listed which are also quite realistic too, being half Hungarian I'd take Szobobszlai too, your wishlist is pretty much what I want and also not too out there as like the 'Mbappe' being thrown about.
Funny how you agree with his suggestions, but when I make the exact same suggestions, you find them as rubbish. Pure bias. Should’ve cut the list short to 3 names at a time, right?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Funny how you agree with his suggestions, but when I make the exact same suggestions, you find them as rubbish. Pure bias. Should’ve cut the list short to 3 names at a time, right?

Oh here he is, let me guess you copy and pasted your list into here as well? He only listed 3/4 players, not 11 like you, you just spam every young talent going and suggest we sign them

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Oh here he is, let me guess you copy and pasted your list into here as well? He only listed 3/4 players, not 11 like you, you just spam every young talent going and suggest we sign them
No. That is not what I mean with the list. If Arteta need a striker and a defender, then I will suggest a striker and a defender from that list. It just provide more options to choose from. What I mean is to have 5 or 6 of the above transfer achieved in 3 transfer windows, depending on which area Arteta wants to strengthen.

If you’ve seen the below post you’d know I’m not writing down every young talent I know on the list, there are reasons behind each of them.
Joao Felix is a bit overrated I would say. He won’t be able to do what he does now in the PL. Because he won’t have that extra half second he usually needed to adjust when controlling the ball. The distance he kept with opponent when dribbling is always too close so the opponent can get physical on him. His team play is good but not the best.

I would say Moussa Dembele, Timo Werner and Gouiri are very top young talents who can make it in the PL.
But with Arteta style, I think he would go for a False 9 kind of approach, which Gouiri would suits better as his teamwork play is the best out of the 3.
Talking about Arsenal players, I was once watching Nasri on TV (u21 or u23 France team) in an international match. I immediately knew what a big talent he was. He was 16 at the time and valued at around £5m. Arsenal finally signed him for £17m when he was 21 and I was so happy about that.

And what do you mean by “every talent”? I like to find young football talents in my own time. My knowledge on young talents is not just limited to 11 players. This list is already shortlisted down from a much longer list after I have watch them play in matches and also analyse them from YouTube video. I analyse them, studied each players and omit the ones I don’t find suitable with valid reasons.

Even if you find something you disagree with, you can correct it. But what you do is just denying the effort and time I dedicated to the passion I have to come up with that list.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Koulibaly and Upamecano/Konate would be ideal central defenders to get. A good experienced guy & 1 solid young future player. Any chance of getting Ndidi or Dourcoure from Watford?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
A midfielder that scores
Running into the box would leave gaps in the midfield for opponent to exploit. Midfielders leaving their position will also lead to less passing options in the midfield area.

Scoring from long shot is not how we play. We play beautiful possession passing football. We work the ball into the opponent box.

Midfielders should have good discipline in positioning and be EITHER skillful, technical, good at teamwork, with good passing range and accuracy, OR big, strong, defensive to protect the defensive line.

Last edited:

Raicore

Running into the box would leave gaps in the midfield for opponent to exploit. Midfielders leaving their position will also lead to less passing options in the midfield area.

Scoring from long shot is not how we play. We play beautiful possession passing football. We work the ball into the opponent box.

Midfielders should have good discipline in positioning and be EITHER skillful, technical, good at teamwork, with good passing range and accuracy, OR big, strong, defensive to protect the defensive line.

What you say is true but it's a wish list ya.
I would like to see more conviction from our current midfielders to be on the opponents half to help chip in with goals.
I don't see our current midfielders capable of scoring more than 5 goals between them this season. The whole lot of them are goal shy and have poor scoring stats..which led me to mention in another thread that our CBs this season are contributing more goals than our midfielders, lol which is pathetic. We really miss Ramsey attacking threat very much.
This over reliance on Auba and Laca to get goals is unhealthy. We become so predictable thus our attacks are easily defended.

Raicore

What you say is true but it's a wish list ya.
I would like to see more conviction from our current midfielders to be on the opponents half to help chip in with goals.
I don't see our current midfielders capable of scoring more than 5 goals between them this season. The whole lot of them are goal shy and have poor scoring stats..which led me to mention in another thread that our CBs this season are contributing more goals than our midfielders, lol which is pathetic. We really miss Ramsey attacking threat very much.
This over reliance on Auba and Laca to get goals is unhealthy. We become so predictable thus our attacks are easily defended.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
To see Torreria, Ceballos and Özil to start in a midfield 3 even if only once. It could be horrible, but I need to know!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
What kind of midfielder is Cantwell? Strictly a #10 or can he play deeper? I like the kid and think he might do well in a better team so if he can play deeper then he'd be a good replacement for Xhaka.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What kind of midfielder is Cantwell? Strictly a #10 or can he play deeper? I like the kid and think he might do well in a better team so if he can play deeper then he'd be a good replacement for Xhaka.

Reminds me a lot of Dele Alli, not really a number 10 who likes to come deep as it’s not his game.

Most useful when he’s up with Pukki and arrives late into the box.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom