The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Agree with pretty much everything bar selling Torreria - he's been our best player since Arteta took over. Non of that unrealistic list reads as unrealistic to me. An out of favour Dortmund cb, Aouar cost wise maybe as Aulus is a f***er, Szoboszlai is very attainable as is Grealish.

Unrealistic for me is: Koulabailly, Ndidi, Maddidson, Zaha, Sane.

2. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Grealish/White/Sangare/Bruno

Rex Banter likes this.
  3. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Replacing Torreira is, as I said, optional for me. I'm fine with keeping him, he can provide good value in a proper midfield. It's just that I like the idea of having Sangaré as our future DM in a reconstructed squad better.

Zagadou is unrealistic to me because I think he'll claim his spot back at Dortmund and they won't sell him. He has more upside than any other defender they have.

Aouar isn't just cost imo. Guardiola waxed poetic about him a while ago and it doesn't surprise me, he's tailor-made for City. I expect them to target him as a David Silva replacement. Heard Juve are interested in him as well.

Even the unrealistic part of my wish list tries to stay a bit realistic. The reason I label it unrealistic isn't that the individual players themselves are unattainable per se, but that getting all of them together is unrealistic. Koulibaly, Ndidi, Maddison, Sané are simply far too expensive for them to even enter into consideration for me. Zaha is probably not as unrealistic, but I'm not in favor of paying big to get him.

4. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Vedat Muriqi.

A mobile Giroud, tall fecker, who's great at setting up others into play.

Could be a relatively cheap backup to Auba.

5. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

We should snatch Foden if City is stupid enough to actually buy a Silva replacement. Bring him in using the Arteta-factor.

Vantastico likes this.
  6. Taner Erginli

Taner Erginli New Member

Imagine actually wanting Dunk and thinking hes not overpriced

7. Taner Erginli

Taner Erginli New Member

What I Would Do For January/Summer:

JANUARY
    Sign:
    Boateng (6 month loan - no option to buy)

Sell:
    No one (we need the numbers)

SUMMER
    Sign:
    Sangare (£20m)
    Sane (£80m) - Look I know what you're thinking - No way! But if we sold Lacazette and got around the same price and we got in the UCL and we offered him enough, I think it could be plausible
    Upamecano (£40m)
    Kurzawa (free)
    Olmo (£20m)
    Cavani (Free)
    Ndidi (£70m)

Sell:
    Mustafi (£10m)
    Mkhitaryan (£15m)
    Elneny (£15m)
    Lacazette (£80m)
    Özil (£20m)
    Kolasinac (£20m)
    Guendouzi (£70m) - Again, Guendouzi is a very good talent but he is still raw and if we are able to get £70m for a young raw prospect who isn't a guarenteed starter, I'd do it.
    Ceballos (end of loan)

Net Loss Of £0

8. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

There's certainly a lot of options out there. I think the summer will be a big one and our side will look very different come the start of next season, here's what i'd do. Its quite exciting!

Players to be sold -

Aubameyang - £60M
    Lacazette - £40M
    Mustafi - £15M
    Elneny - £8M
    Kolasinac - £15M
    Mikky - £10M

Then you have our other CB's. We'd have Luiz, Saliba, Mavropanos, Sokratis, Chambers and Holding on the books. Mavropanos doesn't look as if he's really developed, could well be sold. We're looking at getting another CB in so would make sense to get rid of him. Luiz, Saliba, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers and Upamecano for example would be great. I also think Özil stays until his contract is up and then moves to the MLS.

Players to purchase in the summer and possibly now if we can -

Upamecano - £50M
    Bruno - £25M
    Ziyech - £30M
    Werner/Piatek/Jovic/Dembele - £30-60M
    Full back cover - £10-20M

Leno
    Bellerin
    Saliba
    Upamecano
    Tierney
    Bruno
    Torreira
    Ziyech
    Özil
    Pepe
    Jovic

Dribbling.

9. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

Who is buying Lacazette for 80 and Guendo for 70? More like 40 and 30...

DanDare likes this.
  10. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Hoping villa go down and Grealish can be cheaper. He would be perfect for us. Elite mentality. Utd can have Maddison.

11. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind DCL if we can get him for cheap (he won't be though). He is doing everything that Laca should be doing for us.

12. Good defender. The name, “Dunk”, doesn't sound exotic enough for you metropolitan luvvies though, does it? I distinctly remember when you tried unsuccessfully to sign Jamie Vardy. There was uproar on this forum. Someone told me that, “ the one thats making my pulse race, is Mikhitarian”! Just think about it, had you managed to sign Vardy, rather than mucking around with the likes of Lacazette, or Dunk, rather than Mustaffi, would you be a bit further forward? Mange tout, fella, mange tout!

truth_hurts likes this.
  13. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Ake/Upamecano
    Soumare/Sangare/Zakaria whoever
    Grealish

If Auba/Laca leave then a wish would be Werner but dont think he'd come here

14. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Tried to be somewhat realistic, perhaps I've underestimated the price of some players:

Out: Laca (€50m), Mkhi (€10m), Özil (€5m), Elneny (€10m), Xhaka (€40m), Guendouzi (€45m), Ceballos, Chambers (€25m), Mavro (€5m), Kolasinac (€15m), Mustafi (€10m), Sokratis (€10m) = €225m

+ extend Auba 1 year (or alternatively sell €70m and get Dembele/Martinez)

In: (mix and match depending on what's available)
    Ruben Dias (€50m) / Ake (€50m) or Lisandro Martinez (€30m)
    Ben White (€15m) / Vertonghen (free)
    Bogle (€10m) / Aarons (if Norwich goes down: €20m?)
    Lewis (€15m if Norwich goes down?) / ??? (not Kurzawa!)
    Fernandinho (free) / Camavinga (€25m)
    Houssem Aouar (€50m) / Grealish (€40m) or Ziyech (€35m)
    Partey (€45m) / Soumare (€30m) or Van de Beek (€50m)
    LW (€~40m) -> no clue who could do it, Everton/Neres/Olmo?
    =€220m

Olmo - Aubameyang - Pepe
    Aouar - Partey
    Torreira
    Tierney - Dias - Saliba - Bellerin
    Leno​

Saka - Martinelli / Eddie - Nelson
    ESR - Willock
    Fernandinho / AMN
    Lewis - Luiz - Holding / White - Bogle
    Martinez​

I don't necessarily care a lot about 'big names' but I do think we need some marquee players in the squad that will attract other good players. That's why I want us to go big on Aouar and keep Auba if at all possible (given that it's a wishlist for now I'll assume yes).

15. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

I was about to write the same. If we get 35 M for Laca, we should take the money asap.

16. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

Tonali (DM), Puig, Berge, and Milinkovic-Savic are my midfield. I get really excited thinking about if the first two can live up to their potential - one reminds me of Pirlo, while the other has some traits of Iniesta. What a pairing those two would make in their heyday. Puig was great in the friendly against us, I thought.

The other two are just monsters to control our midfield - like having two players the size of Vieira.

Defence wise, a cut-price Umtiti, along with Tah, would be fine for me. Upgrades on everything we have, really.

17. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

That amount of change and we could write off next season as well as team tries to gel. Doubt we'll see more than 2 or 3 out with similar number in

18. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

It might be a bit much, I was trying to reduce it to 3 players for the starting eleven (excluding Saliba) to make sure that we have a somewhat consistent squad for the top4 fight. That's why I really want to keep Auba one more season.

Could perhaps cut out Partey and keep Xhaka, but I'm still too traumatized by Xhaka to let his recent turn of form convince me he must stay. If he keeps it up, it might be worthwhile to keep him one more season to make sure we have a starting squad that can, like you say, gel.

Neres - Auba - Pepe
    Aouar - Xhaka
    Torreira
    Tierney - Luiz - Dias - Bellerin
    Leno
    + Fernandinho for cover and Bogle + White as talented championship buys for cover. Could live with that.

19. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

If Auba is sold in January, I want Zaha. Send them Nelson on loan.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  20. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Neres is not good enough. What do you see in him?