• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s tough imagining where the club should go in the summer. You feel that even with Saliba and Mari we’re a bit light at the back.

For me I’d still get Bogle and maybe Ben White. That’s probably about 50M worth of investment and they could be here for the next decade.

Beyond that I think it’s dependant on who leaves in the summer. We need a dynamic midfielder who can break lines and press the opposition like Arteta would like. For me that’s Suat Serdar, guy’s a young Ramsey.

Grealish would fill a huge need and if Villa go down he could be gettable at a decent price.

Other players are dependent on whether the likes of Özil, Aubameyang and Xhaka leave.

So regardless I’d like:
Bogle
Grealish
Serdar

Probably close to a hundred million for them three all told I’d say.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It’s tough imagining where the club should go in the summer. You feel that even with Saliba and Mari we’re a bit light at the back.

For me I’d still get Bogle and maybe Ben White. That’s probably about 50M worth of investment and they could be here for the next decade.

Beyond that I think it’s dependant on who leaves in the summer. We need a dynamic midfielder who can break lines and press the opposition like Arteta would like. For me that’s Suat Serdar, guy’s a young Ramsey.

Grealish would fill a huge need and if Villa go down he could be gettable at a decent price.

Other players are dependent on whether the likes of Özil, Aubameyang and Xhaka leave.

So regardless I’d like:
Bogle
Grealish
Serdar

Probably close to a hundred million for them three all told I’d say.

I imagine we would really have to convince Grealish to come here, if Villa go down I'd be surprised if we were the only ones in for him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
January 11

------------------------------Leno---------------------------------
------------Luiz------------------------Mori----------------------
--Bellerin--------------------------------------------------Saka--
--------------------Torreria-----Xhaka---------------------------
---------Pepe--------------Lemar---------Martinelli------------
---------------------------Aubameyang--------------------------

Defence still looks scary, but that attack is delicious.

progman07

Established Member
I would like players who are proven in the Premiership, especially defensively. We are at a phase where we should limit risk of transfer failure. I mean, you can either loan another Denis Suarez, Ceballos, or you can bring in a safety choice (maybe with lower ceiling, but higher stability) from a team like Wolves or Sheffield Utd.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
January 11

------------------------------Leno---------------------------------
------------Luiz------------------------Mori----------------------
--Bellerin--------------------------------------------------Saka--
--------------------Torreria-----Xhaka---------------------------
---------Pepe--------------Lemar---------Martinelli------------
---------------------------Aubameyang--------------------------

Defence still looks scary, but that attack is delicious.

Attack is terrible.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Bruno Fernandes or Ziyech or Maddison for the AM.
Marcos Llorente for DMC.
Everton Soares for LW/RW.

I talk about Everton, but Grêmio has another player who is about to play against the top notch here and who may end up as good and even cheaper (that would represent less risk if anything);

Last edited:

HaffBR

Other player for the AM/Playmaker CM position, Julian Brandt.

If you buy a core of players with 25/26 yo on average that would be good and you can profit there.

Summer 2020

So for me one of

Brandt MC/AMC 24.5, Maddison MC/AMC 24.5, Fernandes MC/AMC 26, Ziyech AMC/RW27.5(!)

Marcos Llorente DMC 25.5

and

Everton Soares LW/RW 24.5, Grealish that can play as LW/AM 25

I think all of them can upgrade the ones of Özil, Xhaka and whatever Arsenal's LWs, even tho Arsenal need to develop the one of Saka (can play as LB or LM too), Martinelli (can play as CF too) and Nelson (RW?) too, also the ones of Willock and Guendouzi.

Last edited:

HaffBR

If you can buy Grealish (50M), Brandt (50M) and Llorente (35M) you are buying a talented core imo.

Long term (2022 for example):

---------------- Martinelli --------------
Grealish ------- Brandt ---------- Pepe
----------- Torreira -- Llorente --------

Of couse you have to sell two defenders, probably Xhaka, Özil and one of Auba/Laca.

Imagine so in 2022 except for Martinelli all players would be around 26-27 years old, which is what I consider the peak of a footballer, still quite physical and more mature.

By the early of 2022.

Martinelli 20.5
Brandt 25.5
Grealish 26.5
Pepe 26.5
Llorente 27
Torreira 27

Of course, if you ask me, I would prefer Adama Traore than nowadays Pepe, but I still think that the Frenchman will improve under Arteta's command. But regardless, it is a squad formed by several decent players at the peak of their performances.

Still Nelson with 22, Saka with 20.5, Willock with 22.5, Guendouzi with 22.5, Nketiah if you want etc.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've just brought a few on FIFA 20 who have been great, FIFA may not be like in real life but I'll point a few who I wouldn't mind signing from the PL. Ndidi from Leicester, always one of the first players I sign (perhaps for Xhaka) Issa Diop (West Ham) sold Holding, Richarlison from Everton aswell. Upamecano who we've been linked with in the past has been good in FIFA aswell. Ndidi would be my a great CDM over here I'd say.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Haven't signed these guys but perhaps Grealish (AV) & Ziyech (Ajax) aswell. One cover CB who's been solid aswell is Marc Oliver Kempf from the Bundesliga.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Our problem areas are: CB, CM, CAM/LW.
In:
Ake (£50m) - He was Bournemouth's best player vs us (his performance reminded me of Koscielny in his hay day), he was all over the place and has great speed and vision.

A DM/CM (£20-40M) - Depending on what Arteta wants. We need som physicality and legs in midfield. If we want to persist with a number 10 then we probably need a powerful midfielder in there, whereas if we want to play a 3 man midfield then we need a box2box or number 8 considering Ceballos' loan will end. Ndidi and Partey are unrealistic due to their importance to their respective clubs unfortunately.

Grealish (£50-60m) - Could be good value if Villa get relegated. He would bring up our creativity a level and would offer good balance to our attack which is mainly filled with incisive players that dont offer too much in build up play. He can spark attacks from No.10 or from LW.

(im going to consider we sign Mari and Cedric this Jan too)

Total: ~£130m

Out (all predicted fees of course):

Mustafi - £7.5m
Mkhy - £7.5m
Elneny - £6m
Sokratis - £8.5m
Lacazette (if Auba stays) - £40-50m
(Try to offload Özil)
(Try to loan out Nelson)

Total: ~£75m

Net spend: £55m

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Ake Tierney
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Grealish Martinelli
Aubameyang

Martinez
Cedric Luiz Holding Kola
Soumare Guendouzi
AMN Willock Saka
Nketiah

B team isnt strong in attack but it gives a chance to youth. Flexibility of Grealish means he can fill in at LW and Martinelli can play striker if Auba gets injured. Players like Saka, AMN (and Chambers when he returns) can play 2-3 positions which greatly helps with injuries too.

WiscoGooner8

I’d throw all the money at Aouar and Havertz to play as the two advanced CMs, and Zakaria, Soumare, Sander Berge as the deep CM. Havertz and Aouar are guaranteed stars, though, and worth going just 10m over our record signing for.

Chancellor

We could get Tapsoba for 20 million (euros).

20 years old, can play from the back, good antecipation, very strong on the duels, very fast, can read the game very well.. already better that Holding, Chambers, Sokratis...

Benfica, Leverkusen, Leicester and Wolverhampton are trying to buy him this window.

Edit: Dortmund made contacts to buy him in the last hours.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Consider me a member of the Nathan Aké & Jack Grealish bandwagon from now on.

Them two plus one of Ibrahim Sangaré/Boubacary Soumaré to provide physicality and athleticism to our midfield, and one of Houssem Aouar/Dominik Szoboszlai for the creative role.

The likes of Sancho and Havertz are pipedreams, we don't have the budget or the appeal. Aouar might be too, but hopefully not.

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Aké Tierney
Torreira Sangaré
Aouar
Pépé Martinelli Grealish

or

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Aké Tierney
Torreira Sangaré
Szoboszlai
Pépé Martinelli Grealish

Could move Grealish to #10 and Martinelli to LW if Szoboszlai isn't deemed ready to be a regular starter. Play Lacazette until Martinelli takes over the CF spot and Szoboszlai takes over the #10 spot, move Grealish to LW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom