• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I'm OK with Marcos Llorente and James Maddison, apart of Cedric and Marí.

Martinelli/Saka ---- Aubameyang/Nketiah ---- Pepe/Nelson
James Maddison/Willock
Llorente/AMN---- Torreira/Guendouzi
Tierney/Kola --- Marí/Luiz -- Saliba/Chambers --- Bellerin/Cedric
Leno/?

Arteta wants Maddison and I'm not against it and Llorente looked very good back in Alaves and Real Madrid.
Btw, sell one of Laca or Auba, to make cash, Özil of course, I'm OK with Xhaka out too and two CB etc too.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Of course, if you ask me, I would prefer Adama Traore than nowadays Pepe,

Adama Traore is the current hype job of the moment, personally I'd rather stick with Pepe, Traore has a lot of hype around him due to his appearance.

His actual play isnt as good as people make out in my opinion.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Kouilibaly, Kroos and Zaha in the summer. Sign Ceballos permanently and bring Salibah home.

Sell Mustafi, Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Xhaka and Lacazette.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Adama Traore is the current hype job of the moment, personally I'd rather stick with Pepe, Traore has a lot of hype around him due to his appearance.

Outside of a few games, Traore’s actual end product is his weakest aspect.

He makes stuff happen and when he dribbles at people it’s chaos but I mean there’s a huge level he has to jump to be a consistent goal or assist threat.

I’d be wary of that going forward.

benjamin86

Established Member
Outside of a few games, Traore’s actual end product is his weakest aspect.

He makes stuff happen and when he dribbles at people it’s chaos but I mean there’s a huge level he has to jump to be a consistent goal or assist threat.

I’d be wary of that going forward.
Against Liverpool he ran out of puff around the 65th minute too.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Nobody rates Brandt for the AM position? Pretty fast for a midfielder, good passer, vision, can dribble, can finish. If Arteta prefers the 4-2-3-1 he would be alongside with Maddison one of the best options imo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Leno
Bellerin Saliba Ake Tierney
Torreira Guendouzi
Traore Grealish Sancho
Martinelli

Nketiah, Nelson, Willock, Saka, DaSilva, Luiz , SomeGK

Surprised you are so conservative with the kids as I see you as one of their biggest fans as well - e.g. no Saka.

Surprised that Guen makes it in your squad as well - you are usually quite harsh on him ;)

Surprised you are so conservative with the kids as I see you as one of their biggest fans as well - e.g. no Saka.

Surprised that Guen makes it in your squad as well - you are usually quite harsh on him ;)

Saka is there.

Its for next season. We will have to suffer with bum midfield for another year. At least Xhaka is gone.

WiscoGooner8

Agreed, I can’t believe Hydroflauric Acid rips Pepe and then lauds Traore. Traore is a pace merchant with an extra 40 lbs without a lick of end product after 1.5 years in the league. Pepe has at least a history of end product and signs of good finishing, and has the excuse of only being here 4 months.

truth_hurts

Pepe out - 25 M

Traore in 55 M

30 M spent! Improvements!

Laca will be looking elite again with Traore's wizardry. Great thinking champ.

In: Dunk, Dacoure, Zaha, Ceballos.
Out: Mustafi, El-Nenny, Holding, Mustafi, Lacazette.

--------------------------------Leno----------------------------
--Bellerin-----Dunk------------Luiz/Salibah----Tierney--
---------------------------Torreria----------------------------
---------------Dacoure------------Ceballos------------------
-----Pepe-----------------Auba--------------Zaha-----------

benjamin86

Established Member
Wonder how much Camavinga would cost? Possibly someone we should move on early like Saliba?

Write up on him....

At only 17 years old it is hard not to marvel at what Eduardo Camavinga is capable of on a match-to-match basis. The fact he has already established himself as one of the best defensive midfielders in Ligue 1 is staggering, and in so doing conveys, not only what a gifted footballer he already is, but what a profound talent he is poised to become.

A product of the Rennes academy, Camavinga moved swiftly through the ranks and into the first team – making his professional debut on 19th April 2019, and at the age of 16, becoming the youngest ever player to feature for the club. Nonetheless, it was not until the start of the 2019/20 campaign that the Angola-born, midfielder fully established himself as a starter in manager, Julien Stéphan’s eleven.

That said, once given the chance Camavinga never looked back - making an immediate impact with a solid performance in a loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the Trophée des Champions. The teenager followed that up a week later with a man-of-the-match type showing against Montpellier, in which he racked up six tackles, five clearances, won nine ground duels and completed 97% of his passes. He would only have to wait one more week before getting his revenge against PSG, as Rennes shocked the champions with a 2-1 win - in a match bossed by the then 16-year-old in midfield. Firmly implanted in the Rennes starting eleven, on 31st October Camavinga was granted French citizenship, and on 11 November was called up to the U-21 national side for Euro Qualifiers – a staggering leap for a player, who less than a year ago, was playing for Rennes’ U19 side.

It is Camavinga’s overly developed defensive skillset that has allowed him to make such substantial jump at a young age. At present the Rennes product ranks in the Ligue 1 top 10 in tackles, duels won, and long-pass percentage. Camavinga’s impressive physical attributes, as well as his advanced reading of the game, allow him to cover a remarkable amount of ground in midfield. He is extremely agile and possesses deceptive pace –able to constantly put pressure on the ball. It also goes a long way in explaining why he is so frequently fouled – seventh among all midfielders.

In the meantime, Camavinga continues to develop the offensive side of his game. His passing range is already something to be lauded, but he has yet to fully unleash his full arsenal – deft at close-control, pacey, and capable in chance creation. He scored his first and only Ligue 1 goal against Lyon in gameweek 18 – the result of a weaving run from midfield and a glimpse of what he is capable of providing going forward.

Rumoured interest from Real Madrid looks to be only the tip of the iceberg, as it seems an eventuality that a multitude of clubs will soon come calling for his signature. But for now, Camavinga is firmly affixed in the starting line-up at Rennes, and having only missed two matches so far this season, that does not look to be changing in the near future.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wonder how much Camavinga would cost? Possibly someone we should move on early like Saliba?

Write up on him....

At only 17 years old it is hard not to marvel at what Eduardo Camavinga is capable of on a match-to-match basis. The fact he has already established himself as one of the best defensive midfielders in Ligue 1 is staggering, and in so doing conveys, not only what a gifted footballer he already is, but what a profound talent he is poised to become.

A product of the Rennes academy, Camavinga moved swiftly through the ranks and into the first team – making his professional debut on 19th April 2019, and at the age of 16, becoming the youngest ever player to feature for the club. Nonetheless, it was not until the start of the 2019/20 campaign that the Angola-born, midfielder fully established himself as a starter in manager, Julien Stéphan’s eleven.

That said, once given the chance Camavinga never looked back - making an immediate impact with a solid performance in a loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the Trophée des Champions. The teenager followed that up a week later with a man-of-the-match type showing against Montpellier, in which he racked up six tackles, five clearances, won nine ground duels and completed 97% of his passes. He would only have to wait one more week before getting his revenge against PSG, as Rennes shocked the champions with a 2-1 win - in a match bossed by the then 16-year-old in midfield. Firmly implanted in the Rennes starting eleven, on 31st October Camavinga was granted French citizenship, and on 11 November was called up to the U-21 national side for Euro Qualifiers – a staggering leap for a player, who less than a year ago, was playing for Rennes’ U19 side.

It is Camavinga’s overly developed defensive skillset that has allowed him to make such substantial jump at a young age. At present the Rennes product ranks in the Ligue 1 top 10 in tackles, duels won, and long-pass percentage. Camavinga’s impressive physical attributes, as well as his advanced reading of the game, allow him to cover a remarkable amount of ground in midfield. He is extremely agile and possesses deceptive pace –able to constantly put pressure on the ball. It also goes a long way in explaining why he is so frequently fouled – seventh among all midfielders.

In the meantime, Camavinga continues to develop the offensive side of his game. His passing range is already something to be lauded, but he has yet to fully unleash his full arsenal – deft at close-control, pacey, and capable in chance creation. He scored his first and only Ligue 1 goal against Lyon in gameweek 18 – the result of a weaving run from midfield and a glimpse of what he is capable of providing going forward.

Rumoured interest from Real Madrid looks to be only the tip of the iceberg, as it seems an eventuality that a multitude of clubs will soon come calling for his signature. But for now, Camavinga is firmly affixed in the starting line-up at Rennes, and having only missed two matches so far this season, that does not look to be changing in the near future.

It depends who is in for him but I'd say around 50 million. Its always a different price for English clubs. He has a lot of the traits we need in a 6 but still can be raw. We would stand a good chance vs Real Madrid but we would lose out to Dortmund. We can say look at the youngsters we give game time to.

My wish list consists of:

Camavinga 50 million
Gabriel or Matviyenko 25 million
Edouard 30 million
Adama Traore 75 million
Mari 5 million
Soares free

Considering we can make around 130 in sales it is highly doable. Adama Traore on the right hand side with Pepe at 10 and Martinelli left would be frightening. We should nab Edouard before Leicester do.

truth_hurts

Camavinga looks quality, but feel as though we've missed the boat. Last summer was the time to strike a Salibah type deal. We'd be in a bidding war now.

Traore is an exciting player, a bit like Zaha, but I would only want either for excitement. I'm not convinced that an unpredictable winger is what this team needs!

Pepe playing off the striker I do like the idea of though.

Top Bottom