The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Sancho is streets ahead of all the players you've mentioned. The closest currently to him is Willian and he is at the end of his career. Potential-wise, CHO can get close but the others?

I actually think Grealish and Maddison are currently overrated due to Premier League bias. Both are good players but neither are elite at this moment in the careers. Sancho on the other hand is.

2. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

PL is a different league. Bundesliga is way more open and soft.

If we go by ratings (whoscored)
    Grealish as a forward (FWL) is averaging 7.82 (12 matches in the PL) while Aston Villa 6.69. Sancho as a forward is averaging 8.07 (19 matches in the Bundesliga) while Dortmund 7.
    Grealish according smarterscout is being more productive in terms of offensive contribution (PL stardand), ball retention and he is better dribbler than Sancho. Sancho can be more productive than Grealish, but I'm not sure for now.

Maddison is a elite CM, one of the best in terms of offensive contribution in his position. He is a likely a better dribbler than Sancho too.

I would say Sancho is not much better if something than CHO and WIllian.

I prefer buy Grealish + Maddison or Grealish + Golovin with his money.

3. oh to be a goon

oh to be a goon New Member

In: Aouar, Upamecano, Pape Gueye, Mari
    Out: Aubameyang, Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavropanos (loan)

I have a feeling Chaka will still be here at the start of next season. He is too well liked by the players and a leader in the squad. We have a lot of young players and need experienced leaders.
    Özil is a question mark. If he stays I would like ESR to go back to Huddersfield. Özil should be back up to Aouar, while ESR is already Huddersfield's main attacking player. A full season of being a key player who all attacks go through would be massive for him. Eventually takes Ozils backup spot.

I really only see one of Auba or Laca leaving and Laca is the one that seems to be more of the CF that Artetas style demands. We have other speedy finishers, but no other hold up target men. If both leave we will need a new first team CF, and I can't think of any experienced, affordable options considering the other purchases we need.

4. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sancho came here and turned out to play at around the same level Maddison and Grealish are at.

The bundesliga is a joke sometimes.

6. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Just saw the Eduoard guy you’re all talking about miss from like 2 yards out. Laca could never x

Riou likes this.
  7. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I havent always been on the Grealish train possibly due to what he done on Ireland and favoured McGinn (a very good player who I would like here) but I'll tell you what Grealish is a baller. I've watched him a lot in recent weeks and he is the type of player who seems like they will play well in any system and not just a system. This is where in my mind he differs from Madisson.

krackpot, asukru, Red London and 2 others like this.
  8. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I saw it also. He has had two bad misses in his last two games but also played major parts in the two goals today.

9. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

IMO Grealish is better as LWF in the 4-3-3 system and arguably WC there. Maddison better as CM/CAM. If you are getting Grealish you need a goalscorer, creative and offensive CM to make the balance like Golovin.

Maddison would a upgrande on Özil imo. He is more participative, shoots more, presses more. Grealish + one CM probably fits better if Arteta wants a 4-3-3 scheme.

Like Arsenal played yesterday, 4-2-3-1

Auba ----- Martinelli/Laca --- Pepe
    ------------- Maddison ---------------
    Saka ---- Ndidi --- Ceballos -- Bellerin
    ----------- Luiz ---- Saliba -----------

That would be world class team.

- Martinelli/Laca being a improve to Nketiah.
    - Maddison being a improve to Özil
    - Ndidi a improve to Xhaka (since you needs a more defensive-oriented and fast player to accomodate slow players like Ceballos or Guendouzi).
    - Ceballos seems to have potential to be a regista, but he is not a CAM.

Now, Maddison is very hard to Arteta get, Ndidi also. Ceballos is a RM player. Auba is in the last year of the contract.

- Instead of Ndidi, Pape Gueye could be good.. for 6 million? There is Torreira too that could be better than Xhaka.
    - Instead of Maddison I think Brandt, even the own Golovin could be better than Grealish in the CAM position.
    - Guendouzi instead of Ceballos, it is probably a downgrade for now, but it still would work better than Xhaka-Torreira as double pivot since neither of these are creative like the french.

Auba ---- Marti/Laca ----- Pepe
    ------------ Golovin --------------
    ----- Torreira - Guendouzi -----

You can't rely more on Özil too.

If it is a 4-3-3 than I'm all for Grealish and a offensive 8.

Grealish ----- Auba -------- Pepe
    ------ Golovin --- Guendouzi ---
    -------------- Torreira ------------

The 4-2-3-1 is more offensive while the 4-3-3 retain and control the possesion more.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  10. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Sangare
    Ihattaren
    Upamecano
    Jimenez

11. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Not really likely, but kinda possible:
    Gabriel Magalhāes, Dennis Zakaria and Grealish.

12. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

Pape Gueye, Ceballos (if he continues to play good) and Grealish.

13. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

wouldn't mind Ramsey back here. Don't know if we can afford him.

14. sykesy69

sykesy69 Active Member

Ramsey is finsihed!!

Could never stay fit with us, see that hasn't changed and he's on too much money now.

More of a liability than an asset if you ask me...

15. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

We have a lot of players that have moved on and although it would be great to have some of them back I think we need to move forward and stop looking back so Ramsey is a no for me.

16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I'd love a Ramsey type here. I agree, Ransey himself might be too injury prone for what it would cost to bring him back.

17. krackpot

his worst season was better than any CM we have. Plus he knows his way around the PL. Plus he is HG.

Wouldn't be as big a liability as you imagine.

18. sykesy69

sykesy69 Active Member

Doesn't mean to say that he'd be better than someone younger, cheaper with a better requisite skillset for the team out there.

For me he's always been one of those in between players, he's not that fast, has poor balance, passing lacks quality at times, has skill on the ball, but not enough to wow you, but then had the knack of showing up in the right spots in right times and scoring some good goals, when he could stay fit.

Still a hard pass for me.

19. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

he is on Özil wages. he'd be one of the topearners in the league. We can get MUCH better for that kind of money.

20. krackpot

he was on quite high wages anyway, so it won't be big issue. Maybe we can try a loan...

That's what we lack. We are crying out for someone who moves vertically between the defense and the forwards. We have Torreira and Xhaka who move sideways.

I don't really know or care about the wages tbh