• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ideal scenario:
Upamecano
Partey
Grealish
£150m+

Likely scenario:
Gabriel
Soumare
Kocku
Eduoard/Jonathan David
£95m+

Its all about being ruthless.

Aubameyang, Sokratis, Mustafi and Özil all have a year left and need to be shifted.

Xhaka, Elneny, AMN and Kola need to be moved on. I'd sell Laca and put faith in Martinelli.

Gk: Leno/ Martinez
Lb:Tierney/ Kurzawa
Rb: Bellerin/ Soares
Cb: Saliba/ Luiz
Cb: Gabriel/ Mari
Cm: Partey/ Torreira
Cm: Papa Gueye/ Guendouzi
Am: David/ Willock
Rw: Pepe/ Nelson
Lw: Saka/ Benrahma
Cf: Edouard/ Martinelli/ Nketiah

Partey 43 m
Gabriel 20 m
Benrahma 15 m
Edouard 30m
David 20m
Gueye 7m
Soares free
Kurzawa free
Mari 7m

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its all about being ruthless.

Aubameyang, Sokratis, Mustafi and Özil all have a year left and need to be shifted.

Xhaka, Elneny, AMN and Kola need to be moved on. I'd sell Laca and put faith in Martinelli.

Gk: Leno/ Martinez
Lb:Tierney/ Kurzawa
Rb: Bellerin/ Soares
Cb: Saliba/ Luiz
Cb: Gabriel/ Mari
Cm: Partey/ Torreira
Cm: Papa Gueye/ Guendouzi
Am: David/ Willock
Rw: Pepe/ Nelson
Lw: Saka/ Benrahma
Cf: Edouard/ Martinelli/ Nketiah

Partey 43 m
Gabriel 20 m
Benrahma 15 m
Edouard 30m
David 20m
Gueye 7m
Soares free
Kurzawa free
Mari 7m
That's the issue, we have never been ruthless. Even last summer where we started seeing an increased pull and activity, we still weren't ruthless enough.

That team you listed would make us probably the most exciting young team in Europe, we'd take a short term him but it would be worth it long term. By the way, is David a CAM? I thought he was a forward.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is my current shortlist, the more expensive option on the left for each one.

CB - Nathan Aké - Gabriel Magalhães
DM - Thomas Partey - Ibrahim Sangaré
CM - Todd Cantwell - Pape Gueye
CM - Houssem Aouar - Said Benrahma
LW - Jack Grealish - Allan Saint-Maximin
+
RB - Max Aarons (if Bellerin is sold)
CF - Odsonne Edouard - Jonathan David (if Auba is sold)

I see CB, DM and one CM as musts, the rest are optional or circumstantial. I'd favor signing Aouar over anyone else, if it becomes a possibility.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN: Salibah (paid in part), Aarons (30m), Dunk/Stones (45m), Partey (50m) or Dacoure (45m), Ceballos (30m), Mertens or Cavani (free). 155m

Bumper new deals for Saka and Auba.

OUT: Kolasinac (15m), Mustafi (20m), Holding (20m), El Nenny (5m), Maitland-Niles (25m), Xhaka (30m), Mkhitarian (10m), Özil (5m), Lacazette (45m). 175m

-------------------------------Leno-------------------------------------
---------------------Stones----------Mari-----------------------------
------Bellerin-------------------------------------Tierney-------------
--------------------------------Torreria---------------------------------
--------------------Ceballos---------------Partey----------------------
-----Pepe-----------------Aubameyang--------------Mertens--------

--------------------------------Martinez-------------------------------------
---------------------Salibah---------------Luiz-----------------------------
------Aarons------------------------------------------Saka-------------
----------------------Chambers/Guendouzi---------------------------------
--------------------ESR---------------Willock----------------------
-----Nelson-----------------Nketiah--------------Martinelli--------

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
IN- Riyad Mahrez, Philippe Coutinho, Denis Zakaria, Charles Aranguiz, Max Aarons, Pau Torres, Ben White, Nicolas Tagliafico

OUT- Mesut Özil, Mkhitaryan, Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Xhaka, Elneny, Kolasinac, AMN, Ceballos, Mari, Cedric

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's the issue, we have never been ruthless. Even last summer where we started seeing an increased pull and activity, we still weren't ruthless enough.

That team you listed would make us probably the most exciting young team in Europe, we'd take a short term him but it would be worth it long term. By the way, is David a CAM? I thought he was a forward.

He can play anywhere across the midfield and a front line. He even plays central midfield in a 442.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He can play anywhere across the midfield and a front line. He even plays central midfield in a 442.
I'm not really a fan of this David guy but its based on youtube. He really doesn't look anything beyond a pace and power merchant with decent positioning. Not to mention its in the Belgian league. Impressive stats etc but I get the feeling Arsenal is too early for him.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
IN:
CB: Saliba + Upamecano(60m)/Pau Torres(45m)/Lewis Dunk(45m)
RB: Cedric (free)
DM: Thomas Partey (45m)/Doucoure(45m)
CM: Longstaff (free)
AM: Aour(50m)/Havertz(70m)/James Rodriguez(25m)
LW: Oussama Idrissi(30m)/Milot Rashica(30m)
CF : Edouard(40m)
Total: 250m

OUT: Kolasinac (15m), Mustafi (20m), Holding (20m), El Nenny (5m), Maitland-Niles (25m), Mkhitarian (10m), Özil (5m), Lacazette (45m), Guendouzi(45m),Aubameyang(70m)=> total: 260m

-------------------------------Leno-------------------------------------
---------------------Saliba---------Upamecano-----------------------------
------Bellerin-------------------------------------Tierney-------------
-----------------------Longstaff --------Partey-------------------------
------------------- ------------Havertz/Aouar----------------------
-----Pepe-----------------Edouard--------------Rashica--------

--------------------------------Martinez-------------------------------------
---------------------Luiz---------------Mari-----------------------------
------Cedric------------------------------------------Saka-------------
----------------------Torreira------Xhaka------------------------------
-------------------- -------ESR/Willock----------------------
-----Nelson-----------------Nketiah--------------Martinelli--------

truth_hurts

Is Longstaffe out of contract? Not really what we need, but he'd be a great pick up for somebody.

truth_hurts

Really like Ruben Neves, but Cesc was special. I agree that we need a top class CM more than anything else this summer.

Ruben Neves for me as I think he could become a Fabregas for us!

Does he have the same through ball in him as Cesc had? Don't think there has ever been a better player in the modern game with through balls. Cesc could split defenses from deep deep midfield with his through balls!

truth_hurts

I don't think anybody has that Cesc ability to pierce a defence. After 110 minutes, it took Cesc to open up the Dutch defence and win the world cup.

I miss him!

Goonger

I don't think anybody has that Cesc ability to pierce a defence. After 110 minutes, it took Cesc to open up the Dutch defence and win the world cup.

I miss him!

Just been reading Cesc talking about missing out on Xabi Alonso in 2009. Alonso was desperate to come & was texting Cesc every day, Cesc spoke to the relevant people & was sure it was an easy transfer to do, Liverpool wanted the money for Barry, Alonso desperate to come.

In the end we didn't pay the extra £3M Liverpool wanted for him. A real sliding doors moment for the club, imagine a Alonso - Cesc midfield with 1 other to balance it out. :drool:

truth_hurts

Just been reading Cesc talking about missing out on Xabi Alonso in 2009. Alonso was desperate to come & was texting Cesc every day, Cesc spoke to the relevant people & was sure it was an easy transfer to do, Liverpool wanted the money for Barry, Alonso desperate to come.

In the end we didn't pay the extra £3M Liverpool wanted for him. A real sliding doors moment for the club, imagine a Alonso - Cesc midfield with 1 other to balance it out. :drool:

This was a bigger moment than missing out on Suarez in my opinion. Cesc and Alonso would have dominated.

Top Bottom