• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Wenger knew the right players but it seems our board was to cheap to pay up ugh!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wenger knew the right players but it seems our board was to cheap to pay up ugh!

Once upon a time he did. In his later years, he spent 70m on Mustafi and Xhaka in a time when Kante and Rudiger were going for less.

I just want a clear out this summer and a refresh. Get rid of all the players who do not desire to be here, are rapidly declining or simply are not good enough to build a future around. I'll leave Aubameyang off the list as if he wants to be here, he is our best player.

OUT: AMN, Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Xhaka, El Nenny, Mkhitarian, Lacazette, Özil. We'd get a tidy sum for all of those players and I feel they could be replaced by 3 smart signings and youngsters stepping up.

Top class, proven CB and Salibah to bulk up our defence. Chambers and Luiz are good squad players. A top, mobile and proven cm to replace Xhaka's role. Creativity to replace Özil OR play Pepe behind Auba and buy a proven midfielder who can play wide for balance, not Grealish or Ziyech but a player of that mold.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Some of these wish list teams won’t even finish top 6 and you’re spending 150-200M.

Need smart spending on good talent. 50M on a few guys ain’t the model I think.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Some of these wish list teams won’t even finish top 6 and you’re spending 150-200M.

Need smart spending on good talent. 50M on a few guys ain’t the model I think.

Let's see your wishlist team bro, I am legit interested!

Shalmaneser V

In

Dayot (Leipzig) 50M
Partey (Atleti) 43M
Igor Gomes (Sao Paolo) 25M
Bogle (Derby) 15M
Mikel Merino (Sociedad) 40M
Edouard (Celtic) 30M

Out

Aubameyang 50M
Özil Loan
Xhaka 30M
Mkhitaryan 5M
Mustafi 15M
Willock 10M
Sokratis 5M
Holding Loan

100M net

Gk - Leno, Martinez
Df - Bellerin, Bogle, Dayot, Mari, Saliba, Luiz, Chambers, Tierney, Kolasinac
Mf - Partey, Merino, Guendouzi, Torreira, AMN, Gomes, Saka
Fw - Edouard, Lacazette, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah, Pepe

......................Leno
Bellerin...Dayot...Mari...Tierney
..........Partey........Merino
Pepe.........Gomes.....Saka/Martinelli
................Edouard

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Go on then show us. Give us an example of a smart spending wish list.

I don't think Gdeep is in a position to do that. There's a reason we have a full scouting network and we see teams utilise it all the time, Wolves and Leicester are good examples, I'd even say Leeds as well.

There's plenty of very good footballers out there who'd easily make us better, but the window is all about priority, balance, and opportunity.

We don't need to spend 200M, we just need to identify the right kind of players. The fact we've been hounding for a left footed CB and even got one tells me we may know what we're doing to an extent.

4 first team players are needed I think. ST (Auba leaves) CM, CM (creative), CB.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't think Gdeep is in a position to do that. There's a reason we have a full scouting network and we see teams utilise it all the time, Wolves and Leicester are good examples, I'd even say Leeds as well.

There's plenty of very good footballers out there who'd easily make us better, but the window is all about priority, balance, and opportunity.

We don't need to spend 200M, we just need to identify the right kind of players. The fact we've been hounding for a left footed CB and even got one tells me we may know what we're doing to an extent.

4 first team players are needed I think. ST (Auba leaves) CM, CM (creative), CB.

I'm in total agreement, we aren't in a position to spend loads of money and we don't need to anyway.

Leicester bought Tielemans, Ndidi and Maddison for a combined £77 m

Soyuncu and Evans cost under £20 m

Add Chilwell who came through their youth system and they have built 3/4 of their defence and their entire midfield for under £100 m

Wolves bought Moutinho, Neves and Dendoncker for a combined £34 m

Doherty, Boly, Coady, Saiss and Jonny cost a combined £29 m

We need to spend smart on players just before they are about to blow up. Since the new TV deal any player that plays well for 6 months in the Premiership seems to start at £40 m

We could rebuild this into a competitive squad with close to a net spend if we sell high and buy low. We could get close to £150 m for Auba, Laca, Xhaka, Kolasinac, AMN, Sokratis, one of Holding or Chambers. That is easily enough to buy Mikel the squad he wants if the scouting is good enough and we have some balls to take a shot at some just under the radar talent.

truth_hurts

I'm in total agreement, we aren't in a position to spend loads of money and we don't need to anyway.

Leicester bought Tielemans, Ndidi and Maddison for a combined £77 m

Soyuncu and Evans cost under £20 m

Add Chilwell who came through their youth system and they have built 3/4 of their defence and their entire midfield for under £100 m

Wolves bought Moutinho, Neves and Dendoncker for a combined £34 m

Doherty, Boly, Coady, Saiss and Jonny cost a combined £29 m

We need to spend smart on players just before they are about to blow up. Since the new TV deal any player that plays well for 6 months in the Premiership seems to start at £40 m

We could rebuild this into a competitive squad with close to a net spend if we sell high and buy low. We could get close to £150 m for Auba, Laca, Xhaka, Kolasinac, AMN, Sokratis, one of Holding or Chambers. That is easily enough to buy Mikel the squad he wants if the scouting is good enough and we have some balls to take a shot at some just under the radar talent.

I agree. You could argue that we are still waiting to cash in on some the chances that we have taken in developing this squad namely with the likes of Tierney, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Guendouzi and Nelson. If just 3 of those players fulfil their potential ceiling and we make 3 or 4 more smart signings to supplement Leno, Salibah and Torreria (which looks to be our future spine), we can be competitive without spending PSG or United money.

truth_hurts

All of that said however, I feel we need some experience and proven quality in our team because the players that we should be able to call on (Sokratis, Bellerin, Luiz, Xhaka, Laca) are not delivering.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Would you rather a Partey or Upamecano?

Different positions, both first team quality. Anyone not rate either? Both probably same price as well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This was always my fave thread, partly cos of how pointless it is. But now it's especially pointless, I like it even more.

truth_hurts

Isolation has made even wishes become more realistic where it pertains to Arsenal.

In: Ake (50m), Partey (50m), Ceballos (30m), Willian (0), Fraser (0)
Out: Holding (20m), Sokratis (5m), Mustafi (15m), Kolasinac (15m), AMN (30m), Xhaka (30m), Özil (5m), Mkhi (10m), Lacazette (40m) - 170m, let's even say 150m - we'd only miss Lacazette.

-----------------------------Leno-------------------------------
--------------Luiz-------------------Ake------------------------
--Bellerin----------------------------------------Tierney------
----------------Lucas------------------Partey------------------
--Willian-----------------------------------------------Saka--
------------------------Pepe-------------------------------------
---------------------------------Aubameyang------------------

Back up

--------------------------Martinez-------------------------------
--------------Salibah----------------Mari-----------------------
--Soares----------------------------------------------Saka------
---------Guendouzi/Chambers----------Ceballos------------
--Nelson-------------------------------------------Fraser------
------------------------ESR-------------------------------------
--------------------------------Nketiah/Mar 9------------------

Make a profit and keep our powder dry in case Bellerin needs replacing. Auba gets a bumper new deal. 4-4-1-1 and a much more functional team.

Forwards:
Out: Auba and Laca - 80M

In: Fraser, Benrahma, Mertens, Edouard - 50M (Fraser and Mertens free transfers)
*Offer Mertens a 2 year contract, will be main striker until either Edouard, Gabi or maybe Pepe is ready.

Midfield:
Out: Xhaka, Torreira, Mhki, Elneny, Maitland-Niles - 120M

In: Partey, Maddison, Lundstram, Longstaff, Hamed Traore, Paya Gueye - 130M (Lundstram and Longstaff free transfer)

Defence:
Out: Mustafi, Kolasinac, Holding - 50M

In: Upamecano - 50M

Net spend: -20M

First team:
Benrahma-----Mertenz---------Pepe
------------------------------------------
----Maddison-----------Özil----------
----------------Partey-------------------
------------------------------------------
Tierney----Upa----Saliba----Bellerin
-----------------Leno-------------------