• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching Fabian Ruiz play for Napoli against Genoa and he's just a joy to watch, his passing is sublime sometimes.

He plays on the right of the midfield in a fairly fluid 4-3-3, and he consistently gets on his left foot and finds attackers in the penalty area with his passes. He still makes mistakes, but there's immense potential there.

We probably couldn't afford to buy him outright from Napoli, he'd be more expensive than Partey i'm guessing. You could maybe try a deal involving Lacazette or Guendouzi, but it's a long shot.

I really think he'd be more suitable than Partey. Like Partey is good defensively, he's a solid passer, he can dribble and he's got a decent shot, but he's not a creative player really. He makes us better and more solid, but does he elevate us to a Champions League level?

Fabian Ruiz and Dani Ceballos either side of Xhaka or Torreira in a 4-3-3 is potentially a seriously good and creative midfield.

He has dominant performances against Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool. He is a world class player in my opinion, so he definitely elevates the standard of the midfield. He gives us tactical flexibility as well, was he can play in a two or as a lone pivot in a 433 (in my opinion).

Ruiz is a really good player as well, but I think Partey is better defensively, and will let us transition to a 433 in the coming years. I also think the midfield you mentioned lacks a bit of dynamism.

I hope the club is aiming for something like:

----------Partey---------
---Aouar-------Saka-----

as the midfield 3 in the future.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He has dominant performances against Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool. He is a world class player in my opinion, so he definitely elevates the standard of the midfield. He gives us tactical flexibility as well, was he can play in a two or as a lone pivot in a 433 (in my opinion).

Ruiz is a really good player as well, but I think Partey is better defensively, and will let us transition to a 433 in the coming years. I also think the midfield you mentioned lacks a bit of dynamism.

I hope the club is aiming for something like:

----------Partey---------
---Aouar-------Saka-----

as the midfield 3 in the future.

Partey isn't really a DM though, we'd be underutilizing him there. He's a two-way central midfielder who is very good defensively. You'll either need another two-way central midfielder next to him, or a proper defensive midfielder behind him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Partey isn't really a DM though, we'd be underutilizing him there. He's a two-way central midfielder who is very good defensively. You'll either need another one of those next to him, or a proper defensive midfielder behind him.

Yeah that's how he is utilised at Atletico, but I think he can transition into a pivot in a 433 in the future, he has all the tools a modern day DM needs to play that position.

In the short term, I see him playing next to Xhaka in a 4231.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah that's how he is utilised at Atletico, but I think he can transition into a pivot in a 433 in the future, he has all the tools a modern day DM needs to play that position.

In the short term, I see him playing next to Xhaka in a 4231.

As do I - I think the long-term idea should be to pair him up with another two-way central midfielder that's better than Xhaka, though. Sandro Tonali, for example, would be perfect, but it's obviously a pipedream. Saka is better suited to being a LW in this setting imo.

This would be the ultimate pipedream lineup for me, and while it's unattainable, it could serve as a guide for what type of player to target.

--Partey----Tonali--
---------Aouar-------
Pépé--------------Saka
---------Auba----------

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Partey isn't really a DM though, we'd be underutilizing him there. He's a two-way central midfielder who is very good defensively. You'll either need another two-way central midfielder next to him, or a proper defensive midfielder behind him.
He plays as the deepest midfielder for ATM in possession, how isn’t he a DM?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As do I - I think the long-term idea should be to pair him up with another two-way central midfielder that's better than Xhaka, though. Sandro Tonali, for example, would be perfect, but it's obviously a pipedream. Saka is better suited to being a LW in this setting imo.

This would be the ultimate pipedream lineup for me, and while it's unattainable, it could serve as a guide for what type of player to target.

--Partey----Tonali--
---------Aouar-------
Pépé--------------Saka
---------Auba----------

Never seen this Tonali guy player so I can't comment, but he does seem to get a lot of hype though. I'd like to see 433 in the long run, I think Mikel mentioned a week or so ago he wants to play with two attacking midfielders eventually.

With Saka I do believe his best position currently is left wing, but in my opinion the kid is so good he can play anywhere he wants. Would like to see him in the role De Bruyne has at City, providing them crosses/through balls , but from the centre left position rather than centre right. That's probably a few years away though.

The line up you mentioned, with Xhaka in over Tonali, is what the aim should be for next season imo.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He plays as the deepest midfielder for ATM in possession, how isn’t he a DM?

It's a two-man central midfield with support from the wide midfielders. The way Atlético sets up isn't really comparable to anyone else. Partey isn't a DM in the way someone like Fernandinho or Fabinho are, he's a two-way central midfielder that excels defensively and is therefore given more defensive responsibility than his midfield partner in a very compact defensive team. Gabi was Atlético's more defensive-minded central midfielder for years and he clearly wasn't a DM, either. Same with Tiago Mendes when he was used there. Now, Partey probably can do a better job at DM than Gabi or Tiago because of his physical attributes, but that hasn't been he's been doing up to this point.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It's a two-man central midfield with support from the wide midfielders. The way Atlético sets up isn't really comparable to anyone else. Partey isn't a DM in the way someone like Fernandinho or Fabinho are, he's a two-way central midfielder that excels defensively and is therefore given more defensive responsibility than his midfield partner in a very compact defensive team. Gabi was Atlético's more defensive-minded central midfielder for years and he clearly wasn't a DM, either. Same with Tiago Mendes when he was used there. Now, Partey probably can do a better job at DM than Gabi or Tiago because of his physical attributes, but that hasn't been he's been doing up to this point.
Fabinho gets support from the other two midfielders and Fernandinho from the two fullbacks, what’s the difference? They are all responsible for progressing the ball from defense to attack and when the ball is in the final third they all hold the deepest position in the midfield. Rodri was playing in the same role as Partey and now he’s playing as a DM for City.

Harry Hunter

3 players
Malang Sarr - Free transfer
Thomas Partey - Laca + cash swap
Houssem Aouar - Guendouzi + cash swap

Sign Auba to a new deal and potentially loan Ceballos for another season with option to buy

Bellerin and Torreira sold

Leno, Martinez
AMM, Cedric
Saliba, Mustafi(Probably Luiz)
Sarr, Mari
Tierney, (Sarr/Saka)
Partey, Xhaka, Willock
Aouar, Ceballos, ESR
Pepe, Nelson
Auba, Nketiah
Martinelli, Saka

Realistically Özil is here for another year

Leno
AMN Saliba Sarr Tierney
Partey Xhaka Aouar
Pepe Auba Martinelli/Saka

Could play Ceballos as an #8 with Partey as the #6 in easier games.

Yes the defence is pretty unexperienced but with a competent midfield in front of them it shouldn’t be as big an issue.

Tom349

Can you loan two players from the same club when they're in two different leagues? With talk of Madrid being fed up with Jovic he could make sense on a loan that has the option to buy at the end of it. While Ceballos on loan makes sense if all parties agree given Guendouzi is likely off and Torreira could also make way, leaving of our current midfield options only Xhaka.

Anyhow my wish list given our tightish budget:

Ins;
Partey (swap with Guendouzi or Lacazette)
Lemar (included with Partey deal, possibly loan option to buy)
Jovic (loan, option to buy)
Ceballos (loan, option to buy)
Sarr (free)
Upamecano (30m)
Willian (free)
Saliba (return from loan)

Outs
Sokratis ((replaced in squad by Saliba, 5m)
Kolasanic (replaced in squad by Sarr, 5-10m)
Holding (replaced in squad by Upamecano, 5-15m)
Guendouzi ((replaced in squad by Azeez/Ceballos, 30-40m)
Torreira (replaced in squad by Partey, make weight in Partey deal)
Lacazette (replaced in squad by Jovic, make weight in Partey deal)

Still would have money to use with Guendouzi sale or he could be swapped with a player. Would also have about 30-50m left to spend given the only player brought is Upamecano who would be partly funded from the sales of Holding, Kolasanic and Sokartis. So potentially 70-90m if Guendouzi is sold for cash. Would also sell Mustafi but could see him being kept and resigning on friendlier terms given Chambers injury and potential to potentially recuperate some of his value.

We have a small squad compared to previous years so I expect to see more ins than outs this upcoming transfer period, especially if the club lets the younger guys go out on loan.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Somewhat realistic, I hope. Went with fees, but swap deals could of course happen which is why I included Bentancur.

Out:
Kolasinac (€10m) Osei-Tutu (€1.5m) Sokratis (€5m) Holding (€10m) Mustafi (€15m) Mavropanos (€10m) Elneny (€5m) Ceballos (free) Guendouzi (€40m) Mkhitaryan (€3.5m) Lacazette (€30m)
= €130m

Loan: Smith-Rowe, Nelson

In:
M. Sarr (free) Matviyenko/Gabriel (€30m) Partey (€50m) Aouar/Bentancur/Ødegaard (€50m)
= €130m

Leno (Martinez)
Bellerin (Soares) - Saliba (Luiz) - Matviyenko (Marí) - Tierney (Sarr)
Torreira (Maitland-Niles)
Partey (Willock) - Aouar (Xhaka)
Pepe (Academy player) - Aubameyang (Nketiah) - Saka (Martinelli)​

Özil with the reserves. Chambers fit in December (loan or sell).

If we get Bentancur in a Lacazette deal, get Benrahma/Jota/Depay as a LW and move Saka to midfield. Sell Xhaka/Torreira.

Next year: replace Luiz, Bellerin, Aubameyang. Possibly Torreira depending on his situation.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If we get Bentancur in a Lacazette deal, get Benrahma/Jota/Depay as a LW and move Saka to midfield. Sell Xhaka/Torreira.
Actually, thinking about it I might even prefer this over signing Aouar (who would be a dream signing, don't get me wrong). Just because it gives us so much solidity. Think Bentancur might be even more farfetched than Aouar as a signing, though.

Leno(Martinez)
Bellerin(Soares) - Saliba(Luiz) - Matviyenko(Marí) - Tierney(Sarr)
Bentancur(Maitland-Niles)
Partey(Willock) - Saka(Xhaka)
Pepe(Coyle) - Aubameyang(Nketiah) - Depay(Martinelli)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was wondering what you guys thought of Filip Kostic @Toby Andrl @jones and @NieThePiet ?

Ive seen him a few times this year and he has a wand of a left foot. Also his advanced stats are very good.

Very high carrying distance and shot creating action stats. Wonder if he wasn’t the key to that great Frankfurt side last year seeing how Haller and Jovic have struggled since leaving?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
- Use Lacazette in a deal for Partey

- Ceballos & Luka Jovic on loans with option/obligation to buy

- Sell Guendouzi for 30-40m, or swap deal if opportunity arises

- Buy Upamecano for 30-40m with money generated from sales

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't believe we have nothing to spend but if we really are struggling -

Sarr on a free.
Saliba coming in anyway.
Swap deal with Guendouzi and Partey maybe 5-10m Atletico's way.
Laca and some cash for Bentancur or another mid of that ilk.
Jovic in on loan with option to buy to replace Laca.

Literally spend about £20M which can easily be generated through deadwood sales.

Leno, Martinez
Cedric, Bellerin
Saliba, Mustafi
Mari/Luiz, Sarr, Chambers OR Holding
Tierney, Kolasinac
Xhaka, Torreira
Partey, Willock
Bentancur/other mid, AMN
Auba, Saka
Jovic, Martinelli, Nketiah
Pepe, Nelson

Break even kind of summer that and isn't particularly scraping the barrel. Midfield improves drastically. 7 great options for the front 3. Held off a signing like Upa as I can't see us getting rid of four CB's this summer.

ChefMan21

I'd love Bentancur, like I'd love Alaba and other players of that ilk. But near impossible to get unless we're flush, which is why I haven't added them to my wishlist.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Was wondering what you guys thought of Filip Kostic @Toby Andrl @jones and @NieThePiet ?

Ive seen him a few times this year and he has a wand of a left foot. Also his advanced stats are very good.

Very high carrying distance and shot creating action stats. Wonder if he wasn’t the key to that great Frankfurt side last year seeing how Haller and Jovic have struggled since leaving?

Yep, he's probably the most important guy for Frankfurt. He's definitely someone who needs to be looked at in context of systems and tactics. His best form has come for Eintracht in high intensity transition/counter systems as left wingback. Strengths are workrate and whipping in good crosses.

I'd say as a left forward he's too limited technically, he won't attack and dribble through opposition players, as a leftback his massive offensive workrate and threat aren't used enough.

Guy can be a monster for any team tbh, if he fits the system. Could e.g. see him excel for Inter on that left side.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep, he's probably the most important guy for Frankfurt. He's definitely someone who needs to be looked at in context of systems and tactics. His best form has come for Eintracht in high intensity transition/counter systems as left wingback. Strengths are workrate and whipping in good crosses.

I'd say as a left forward he's too limited technically, he won't attack and dribble through opposition players, as a leftback his massive offensive workrate and threat aren't used enough.

Guy can be a monster for any team tbh, if he fits the system. Could e.g. see him excel for Inter on that left side.

Yeah he’s not looked the most explosive when I’ve seen him but he hits such great crosses. Probably better targets for us out there who could be creative on the left flank and would be cheaper.

Also liked the look of Kamada ever since he played against us in the EL. He’s such a good dribbler.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yeah he’s not looked the most explosive when I’ve seen him but he hits such great crosses. Probably better targets for us out there who could be creative on the left flank and would be cheaper.

Also liked the look of Kamada ever since he played against us in the EL. He’s such a good dribbler.

Could call Kostic a better Ryan Fraser. His crosses are top notch. But Arsenal would do better with a more creative outlet, though, on that left side. If the club plans to really go for Saka as a left winger, then Fraser as solid backup would be the better solution than Kostic. Eintracht will want a decent fee for him.

Kamada looks good and could be worth a punt, but I'd say PL's too early for him. Another season or two in the BL, then make the transition.

Top Bottom