• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need to be smart here. Buying from relegated teams lowers the price considerably. We missed out on someone like Marcus Thuram.

We can't be looking at players we know. For example Partey and Zakaria would cost 50 million. Sangare would cost 10 million.

Roca would cost 10 million or less. Players who are unknown and South American have low release clauses. Thiago would cost 50 million. Matheus Henrique 20 million or less. Gabriel 25 million, Walce, 10 million.

Edouard would cost 35 million up front. Look at how difficult the Tierney deal was to do. Someone posted a video of Arthur Cabral. He would cost 10 million max. How much would Douglas Luiz cost if Villa went down?

Sarr is free, isn't that a no brainer? How much is Nkunku worth now? We need to buy the player before their value sky rockets. Osimhen has had a good season and is now going for 70 million. We need to buy that player before they are worth that much. We did it with Guendouzi and Martinelli. We need to do that in every position of need.

The only criteria we should use for signing a player is if they come in and improve the first team. We certainly shouldn't be after players just because they're cheap. This is where we have gone wrong in the past.

If a player is cheap and will improve the first team, like Gabriel (in my opinion), then great, but signing players just because they're cheap is a flawed strategy.

For example, there is no need for Marco Roca. He is the same profile to Xhaka, who will be a guaranteed starter next season. Where is the logic in signing this guy for him to come and sit on the bench, when we have glaring holes in the first 11?

Yes, Partey would cost more than Sangare, but he is almost guaranteed to come and improve the first 11 immediately. Sangare would likely need time to adapt and grow as a player (especially as a DM), which would cost us on the pitch, which in turn would hurt our finances in the long run.

The club is in a desperate position. It's been our worst season in 30plus years, next year has to be a success. If you can get a guy like Partey to come you do it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Europa League:
Auba stays
Ceballos loan

Out: Kolasinac (€10m) Osei-Tutu (€1.5m) Sokratis (€5m) Holding (€10m) Mustafi (€15m) Mavropanos (€5m) Elneny (€5m) Guendouzi (€35m) Mkhitaryan (€3.5m) Lacazette (€30m) Xhaka (€30m)
= €150m

In: Matviyenko (€30m) Partey (€50m) Lewis (€15m) Benrahma (€30m)
= €125m

Leno(Emi)
Bellerin(Soares) - Saliba(Luiz) - Matviyenko(Mari) - Tierney(Lewis)
Torreira(AMN)
Partey(Willock) - Saka(Ceballos/ESR)
Pepe(Nelson) - Auba(Nketiah) - Benrahma(Martinelli)
No Europa:
Auba out (€40m) -> Edouard (€30m)
Partey -> Golovin / van de Beek

Hinderz

For example, there is no need for Marco Roca. He is the same profile to Xhaka, who will be a guaranteed starter next season. Where is the logic in signing this guy for him to come and sit on the bench, when we have glaring holes in the first 11?
while we have a lot to do, I think we have to take medium term vision on this, Xhaka has to be sold in the next 12months. Next summer hes 28 and at two years from his contract being up. We surely aren’t going to offer him a new deal, so opportunistically bringing in a younger, more athletic replacement now to have a 12 month hand over period sounds like good planning to me.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
while we have a lot to do, I think we have to take medium term vision on this, Xhaka has to be sold in the next 12months. Next summer hes 28 and at two years from his contract being up. We surely aren’t going to offer him a new deal, so opportunistically bringing in a younger, more athletic replacement now to have a 12 month hand over period sounds like good planning to me.

Players in Xhaka's position usually see their best years between 28-32. Selling him now, after having to put up with his performances for the last 4 years, would make no sense IMO.

Where we are right now and going on rumors, although may be only rumors!

OUT - out of favor, will leave as we don’t have European football or generally just want to leave
Aubameyang - Swap for Ceballos plus Jovic 2 year loan
Lacazette - Swap for Partey plus 10m
Bellerin 30m
Sokratis 10m
Torreira 30m
Guendouzi - 30m
Kolasinac 10m
Mykhitarian 10m
Elneny 5m
AMN 15m
Mustafi - 15m
Mavrapanos - 7.5m

That is enough money to work on swaps, buys and loans and get Arteta a squad that he can do things with

IN - Signed already
Saliba
Mari
Soares

IN - Loan
Coutinho
Jovic

IN - Permanent
Partey - swap Lacazette plus 10m
Stones - 25m
Sarr - 0m
Ceballos - Swap
Willian - 0m
Eduoard - 25m
Tsimikas - 15m
Mad Aarons - 30m
New CM

Leno, Martinez, Macey
Aarons, Soares
Saliba, Stones, Mari, Sarr, Holding, Luiz
Tierney, Tsimikas
Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, Chambers, New CM
Coutinho, Willock, ESR
Pepe, Nielsen
Willian,, Saka, Martinelli
Jovic, Edouard, Nketiah

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@The_Playmaker it's your boy Koop. He's good at some stuff.

Ec52kxYWAAchYs-

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I did a realistic wish list a while ago with little to no money.

If the unthinkable happens and Arteta is told he can spend £100-150M this summer as long as he also can make some sales and shift some players...

We probably need 4 players. A centre half, steel in midfield, a creative player and a false 9. I've noticed he refuses to play Auba up front and seems to prefer a deeper playing almost false 9 striker. Laca is doing okay but he should still be sold.

Skriniar - £50M. The only CB that would improve us like Laporte did for City. He is available apparently, but of course a lot of teams will be after him. Apparently he hasn't had the best season but he's a top top defender.

Partey - £45M release clause. No doubt about it he would add the steel we need in midfield.

Grealish - £30M when Villa go down. Would add the creative flair we miss and can play multiple roles either in midfield or out wide. Also wouldn't be too expensive and knows the league inside out.

I'm torn between two players for the "false 9". Richarlison and Havertz. I think Richy would be £60M and Havertz around £75M.

Harry Hunter

Why can’t Auba just play striker? That’s where he played for Dortmund isn’t it? I get that he doesn’t necessarily have the hold up play as Laca but then why does Arteta play Nketiah there then who is quite similar to Auba. When you think of Auba you think of world class striker not a winger. Surely he’d want to stay more if he was played central.

AmsterdamGunner

Eriksen had a fallout with Conte at Inter already. In Dutch media they say he can leave Inter in the summer again. I’m a bit biased coming from Amsterdam where he was great at Ajax. As much as I dislike Sp**s i always liked Eriksen and I think a big reason for their downfall this season was not playing Eriksen in the first part of the season and selling him in the winter. Maybe he wants to show Sp**s how good he still is and play at a big club. Could maybe be inexpensive or a loan. At 28 a good age to be the best for a couple of years.

teamsoutheast

I think an interesting market we could look at this summer could be the Dutch market. It seems you may be able to pick up some good value there at the moment so I hope we are looking there. We would defintiely be looking at the South American market but I feel it may be quite an expensive market to operate in especially as the deals are alot more complicated. I would hope we are looking at the following players:

* Matheus Henrique -Gremio - Complete Midfielder and highly technical so would suit the way we want to play.
* Joey Veerman - SC Heerenveen - Skillful CM who would up that technical level in our midfield.
* Houssem Aouar -Lyon - would be very expensive and Lyon are hard to negotiate with (Aulas), but I think he would be huge for us if we signed him.
* Abdou Harroui -Sparta Rotterdam - Another interesting midfield prospect who can also play out wide.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I think an interesting market we could look at this summer could be the Dutch market. It seems you may be able to pick up some good value there at the moment so I hope we are looking there. We would defintiely be looking at the South American market but I feel it may be quite an expensive market to operate in especially as the deals are alot more complicated. I would hope we are looking at the following players:

* Matheus Henrique -Gremio - Complete Midfielder and highly technical so would suit the way we want to play.
* Joey Veerman - SC Heerenveen - Skillful CM who would up that technical level in our midfield.
* Houssem Aouar -Lyon - would be very expensive and Lyon are hard to negotiate with (Aulas), but I think he would be huge for us if we signed him.
* Abdou Harroui -Sparta Rotterdam - Another interesting midfield prospect who can also play out wide.

When Veerman ups the technical level in your midfield you have some serious issues. No Arsenal material at all.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If I could have my wish for an ambitious, but still slightly realistic summer window where we sell good and get a bit of backing:

- Ben White
- Sarr on a free
- Partey
- Szoboszlai
- Jayden Bogle

Wishful thinking as a cherry on top: Zaha.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm advocating stabilising our team by buying talented players from the league. We've got exciting, young, attacking talents, we can supplement this with experience from the league.

The following players play for unfashionable clubs or would be available and attainable: Dunk, Ake, Tarkowski, Diop, McGinn, Cantwell, Ceballos, Rabiot, Grealish, Zaha, Dacoure, Lemar, Ings.

All improve us.

I'd go Ake/Dunk for 35m with Mustafi, Holding, Sokratis and Mavrapanos out. That would leave us with Dunk/Ake, Luiz, Mari, Salibah and Chambers and a small profit.

In CM, Guendouzi, Nenny go for 40m and we bring in Partey and Ceballos. If Ceballos doesn't wish to stay, get Cantwell or McGinn although different types. Partey, Ceballos, Torreria, Xhaka, AMN and Willock isn't amazing, but it's definitely stable. Net cost about 20m

In attack, Auba, Nketiah and Martinelli have enough goals, so you sell Laca and buy a player who either makes us a better footballing team or even more dangerous. I like Zaha, but for style, we could go Grealish, Coutinho or Lemar. We'd get 35m for Lacazette so would need to add about 15m for one of these playerd. Grealish and Coutinho could play CAM, so could Pepe.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
-----------------------Martinez
--------------Luiz-----------------Ake
-Bellerin-------------------------------Tierney-
----------------Partey-----Ceballos-------------
----Zaha----------------------------------Saka----
----------------------Pepe---------------------------
------------------------Aubameyang------------

Net cost of next to nothing. Leno, Saliba, Mari, Soares, Xhaka, Torreria, Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah and others in reserve.

When Özil leaves next summer, you bring in a new star name when hopefully we are a Champions League team again.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Ake is alright but I dont get the fascination with Dunk. Brighton could still get relegated and he wouldnt fit our style at all.

I agree regarding Dunk. He is really good in a well protected, deep lying defence where his job is to win his duels. I think he would be like a duck out of water in a more attacking, open team.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom