• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Selling Hojeberg or however you spell his name for 25m is a good sale. So if Soton can get 25m for him and supposedly Liverpool are set to get 6m for Karius how can we not get 5m for Sokratis or Mustafi. Or 10-12m for Holding.

People said no one would touch our players because middle of the road teams who may be interested in some of our players have no money. But it's clear that theres money there.

Hojbjerg is 24 years old and on 50k a week at the Saints. He's also a relatively talented player. 25m is fairly expensive but in the grand scheme of things not all that bad.

Clubs look at the long term value as much as the now value.

If you are giving Hojbjerg a 4 year deal you amortise the transfer. 60k a week = 2.7m a year. 25m divided by 4 we will round to 6.3 to make it easier. So Hojbjerg is costing everton 9m a year for 4 years.

Mustafi is on 90k a week. He won't take a pay cut to move and he's in the last year of his deal, he's also quite poor.

Club comes in with an offer of 10m and 100k a week. Over a 4 year deal Mustafi ends up costing a buying club 25-30M.

Not worth it to anyone. All these players contract are far too high. Players that are sold for big fees usually have low wages, like Solanke etc.

We would be able to get money for Holding and Chambers from a lot of clubs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can see us sending players like Mustafi on loan, similar deal to Mikky.

Players that will be easy to shift if we wanted -

Guendouzi
Torreira
Bellerin
Lacazette
Holding
Chambers
Emi
Possibly Kolasinac

Players like Mustafi, Özil and Sokratis will be so hard to get rid of.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we get Europa League maybe it's time to admit the last few windows have been poor and start to clear the decks even if that means 1 less signing.

Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac and Holding for me are surplus to requirements. There has to be some club who will take these players. We may have to supplement their wages a little but this should be a lesson for the future. Stop paying big money for average mid- late 20s players.

How much more did we pay Pepe than he was earning at Lille? Lacas on probably 3 times the amount he was on at Lyon.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Real will look to keep Ødegaard, surely. Standout performer in La Liga this season and their midfield needs rejuvenation.

Apparently he's gonna go out on loan again, only it's expected to be to Sociedad again. maybe you could just ask if he could come here on loan instead? Pay a higher loan fee, maybe Madrid think it's a better challenge for him than Sociedad. Maybe he's here for a year and loves it so much he wants to stay haha.

But yeah, it's pretty unrealistic.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we get Europa League maybe it's time to admit the last few windows have been poor and start to clear the decks even if that means 1 less signing.

Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac and Holding for me are surplus to requirements. There has to be some club who will take these players. We may have to supplement their wages a little but this should be a lesson for the future. Stop paying big money for average mid- late 20s players.

How much more did we pay Pepe than he was earning at Lille? Lacas on probably 3 times the amount he was on at Lyon.

In every window you're going to sign players who don't work and players who do during a rebuild.

From our last two years worth of transfers.

Pepe - will ultimately be a success. Hasn't been bad this season but needs to show more.
Saliba - Fantasic signing.
Martinelli - Fantastic signing.
Tierney - Fantastic signing.
Ceballos - Has evolved and become a great signing.
Mari - Cant tell yet, he's played 114 minutes of PL football.
Cedric - Good backup right back for the cup comps.
David Luiz - Far too inconsistent, has cost us a lot of points this season.
Torreira - He's brilliant at what he does, but doesn't fit Arteta's system. Wasn't a bad signing, just simply doesn't fit. Will be able to recoup our money on him easily.
Leno - Fantastic signing
Sokratis - Poor signing
Guendouzi - Fantastic signing, will make 20-30m profit.
Lichsteiner - Horrendous signing
Denis Suarez - Pointless signing.

Certainly more good than bad, people just look to blame something other than management. Emery ruined us, once Arteta has his own settled team in a couple years time its like 7 or 8 of these signings will be part of the team and squad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
In every window you're going to sign players who don't work and players who do during a rebuild.

From our last two years worth of transfers.

Pepe - will ultimately be a success. Hasn't been bad this season but needs to show more.
Saliba - Fantasic signing.
Martinelli - Fantastic signing.
Tierney - Fantastic signing.
Ceballos - Has evolved and become a great signing.
Mari - Cant tell yet, he's played 114 minutes of PL football.
Cedric - Good backup right back for the cup comps.
David Luiz - Far too inconsistent, has cost us a lot of points this season.
Torreira - He's brilliant at what he does, but doesn't fit Arteta's system. Wasn't a bad signing, just simply doesn't fit. Will be able to recoup our money on him easily.
Leno - Fantastic signing
Sokratis - Poor signing
Guendouzi - Fantastic signing, will make 20-30m profit.
Lichsteiner - Horrendous signing
Denis Suarez - Pointless signing.

Certainly more good than bad, people just look to blame something other than management. Emery ruined us, once Arteta has his own settled team in a couple years time its like 7 or 8 of these signings will be part of the team and squad.

How can you tell Salibais fantastic?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How can you tell Salibais fantastic?

Have you ever seen the guy play? He has all the physical traits to be an elite CB.

You don't buy a young CB for £27M unless you're certain of their quality and potential.

6ft 4, wins nearly every aerial duel, and he isn't lean like your John Stones, he's built like Virgil Van Dijk. All he needs to do is be able to learn the role in the premier league, no pressure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Have you ever seen the guy play? He has all the physical traits to be an elite CB.

You don't buy a young CB for £27M unless you're certain of their quality and potential.

6ft 4, wins nearly every aerial duel, and he isn't lean like your John Stones, he's built like Virgil Van Dijk. All he needs to do is be able to learn the role in the premier league, no pressure.

Yeah but just because he has the physical size doesnt mean he will adapt and be a world beater. What he may look like in France will be completely different in the premier league a faster more aggressive and competitive league.

I'm not saying he wont be good but to label a 19 year old defender who has had his fair share of injuries and who has never played a game in the PL fantastic is abit premature.

I think he will have huge pressure on his shoulders as fans seen to think he is going to walk into the team and be the glue that saves on 15 goals a season but I'm not so sure. At least next year anyway. Maybe in a couple of years he could be but maybe fans are expecting too much.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Willock in a deal for Grealish and promote Smith-Rowe, and our attacking midfield problem is sorted.

ChefMan21

--------------Neves---------
---------Puig-----Bentancur-----

Would love that going forward. I think you could build a side around that.

Baptiste Santamaria, being hailed as the next Kante in France right now (cringe lol) however he's a top notch DM and we could get him cheap, probably around 10m. Would go a long way to helping our midfield. Would be extra happy if we could flog Xhaka off somewhere for like 25 or 30m and make a big upgrade plus a profit.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ideally would keep AMN as RB and sell Bellerin, but just don’t think it’s gonna happen.

In
Depay - 30m
Partey - 44m
Buendia - 20m
Ceballos - Loan w obligation 30m
Sarr - 2m sign-on
Aouar - 60m

Out
Guendouzi - 30m
Lacazette - 30m
Holding - 15m
Torreira - 25m
AMN - 20m
Sokratis - 3m (with 60k/w subsidized wage)

Loan
Nelson
Willock
Sarr
Mavropanos

Total in - 156
Total out - 123
Net spend - 33m

Emi
Bellerin, Saliba, Luiz, Tierney
Ceballos, Partey, Aouar
Pepe, Auba, Depay

Leno
Cedric, Mustafi, Mari, Kola
Buendia, Xhaka, Saka
ESR, Nketiah, (Martinelli)

Surplus
Chambers

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Creative player wise I think we have 3 main targets.

Aouar, Coutinho and Szoboszlai. One expensive, one cheap and one loan.

We are linked with Coutinho a lot. Loan for a season would make sense as long as we've signed one of the others mentioned. Szoboszlai costs 8m this year, absolute bargain. Aouar is a pipe dream but he would be exactly what we need.

Either way I think we need two creative players.

Harry Hunter

Transfers out:
Bellerin - £30m
Mustafi - £10m
Sokratis - £5m
Elneny - £5m

Loan:
Mavropanos - Stuttgart
Özil - Fenerbache
Mkhitaryan - Roma

Total = £50m

Transfers in:
Koulibaly - Kolasinac, Torreira + £10m
Sarr(Nice) - Free transfer
Partey - Lacazette + £10m
Ceballos(or Buendia) - Loan or buy £20m
Aouar - Guendouzi + £10m

Total(including Ceballos) = £50m

AMN becomes our starting RB
Luiz demoted to 5th choice CB
Auba sign new contract and play central

Leno, Martinez
AMN, Cedric
Koulibaly, Saliba, Holding, Mari, Luiz
Tierney, Sarr
Partey, Xhaka, Willock
Aouar, Ceballos, ESR
Pepe, Nelson
Auba, Nketiah
Martinelli, Saka

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Aouar Partey Ceballos
Tierney Koulibaly Saliba AMN
Leno

Saka Nketiah Nelson
ESR Xhaka Willock
Sarr Mari Holding Cedric
Martinez

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has admitted Wilfried Zaha remains set on a move away from the club.

“Wilf has made it clear, ever since I came to the club really, that he would relish a move and would like to move on and find some pastures new," Hodgson told a press conference.

2xyc.gif

Top Bottom