<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Ideally would keep AMN as RB and sell Bellerin, but just don’t think it’s gonna happen.

In
    Depay - 30m
    Partey - 44m
    Buendia - 20m
    Ceballos - Loan w obligation 30m
    Sarr - 2m sign-on
    Aouar - 60m

Out
    Guendouzi - 30m
    Lacazette - 30m
    Holding - 15m
    Torreira - 25m
    AMN - 20m
    Sokratis - 3m (with 60k/w subsidized wage)

Loan
    Nelson
    Willock
    Sarr
    Mavropanos

Total in - 156
    Total out - 123
    Net spend - 33m

Emi
    Bellerin, Saliba, Luiz, Tierney
    Ceballos, Partey, Aouar
    Pepe, Auba, Depay

Leno
    Cedric, Mustafi, Mari, Kola
    Buendia, Xhaka, Saka
    ESR, Nketiah, (Martinelli)

Surplus
    Chambers

Big Weng 4 LYF bby likes this.
  2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Creative player wise I think we have 3 main targets.

Aouar, Coutinho and Szoboszlai. One expensive, one cheap and one loan.

We are linked with Coutinho a lot. Loan for a season would make sense as long as we've signed one of the others mentioned. Szoboszlai costs 8m this year, absolute bargain. Aouar is a pipe dream but he would be exactly what we need.

Either way I think we need two creative players.

Football Manager likes this.
  3. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Benrahma + Grealish pls

Sauce, sauce, my kingdom for some sauce...

Rex Banter likes this.
  4. Harry Hunter

Harry Hunter Active Member

Transfers out:
    Bellerin - £30m
    Mustafi - £10m
    Sokratis - £5m
    Elneny - £5m

Loan:
    Mavropanos - Stuttgart
    Özil - Fenerbache
    Mkhitaryan - Roma

Total = £50m

Transfers in:
    Koulibaly - Kolasinac, Torreira + £10m
    Sarr(Nice) - Free transfer
    Partey - Lacazette + £10m
    Ceballos(or Buendia) - Loan or buy £20m
    Aouar - Guendouzi + £10m

Total(including Ceballos) = £50m

AMN becomes our starting RB
    Luiz demoted to 5th choice CB
    Auba sign new contract and play central

Leno, Martinez
    AMN, Cedric
    Koulibaly, Saliba, Holding, Mari, Luiz
    Tierney, Sarr
    Partey, Xhaka, Willock
    Aouar, Ceballos, ESR
    Pepe, Nelson
    Auba, Nketiah
    Martinelli, Saka

Martinelli Auba Pepe
    Aouar Partey Ceballos
    Tierney Koulibaly Saliba AMN
    Leno

Saka Nketiah Nelson
    ESR Xhaka Willock
    Sarr Mari Holding Cedric
    Martinez

5. Big Weng 4 LYF bby

Big Weng 4 LYF bby Active Member

Partey is mediocre af don't want. I mean I'd take him as a Xhaka replacement but not for 40m and or a Guendo swap.

6. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has admitted Wilfried Zaha remains set on a move away from the club.

“Wilf has made it clear, ever since I came to the club really, that he would relish a move and would like to move on and find some pastures new," Hodgson told a press conference.

[​IMG]

7. HairSprayGooners

Wilf is 28 this year and would still cost around 50m. Unless Auba goes its a big no from me.

8. KrissKringle

Apparently we're looking at Jimenez if Auba leaves.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Grealish and Wilf would be incredible. Stuff of dreams.

10. dashsnow17

I'll be honest I didn't watch Norwich much this season so I can't say he personally stood out to me, but just going by clips and these stats, if he's available for around 20m wouldn't it be m*dness not to pick him up? Dude ranks among the best young creators in Europe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

krengon likes this.
  11. HairSprayGooners

That would be elite.

12. dashsnow17

One criticism of Buendia would be that he doesn't have goals in his game yet, but that should improve. And considering that pound-for-pound he could give you the most creativity for the least financial outlay, it's still worth it.

I'd say there are four guys playing in England we should have on our radar: Zaha, Grealish, Benrahma and Buendia. Zaha and Grealish are more expensive around 40-50m, Benrahma and Buendia cheaper at 15-30m. Ideally get two of the four, but at least one we should be targeting surely.

13. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

You can probably get Benrahma (if Brentford don't get promoted) and Buendia for the price of Grealish/Zaha. Goals in general have been an issue for Norwich this year. Last year in Championship he managed 8goals 12 assists which is pretty good for a 21/22 year old.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  14. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Buendia strikes me as a player that bases his game on passing, could be a shrewd acquisition but what I think Arsenal need even more, is a player who drives forward from central areas, arrives in the box and also willing to track back, somebody with an eye for goal and the confidence to try and make decisive passes.
    The ability to drive forward, make incisive runs and allow team mates around him to have more freedom off the ball, this is what I think Arsenal should be looking for.

15. dashsnow17

What you're describing is Kevin De Bruyne. Players like that aren't just hanging around waiting to be plucked from the tree.

16. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Well it seems that KDB is a popular choice of comparison when looking for a central mid, but actually I'm just referring to the type of player I think Arsenal should be targeting, if you wanna look within the premier League only then yer maybe the options are limited, but there are more options outside imo.

17. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Has to be the most overrated English player going at the moment Jack Grealish. That takes some doing, would rather have got Lallana on a free then pay god knows what sort of fee Grealish would command

benjamin86 and truth_hurts like this.
  18. mucki

mucki New Member

Transfer out:
    Guendouzi – £25m
    AMN – £15m
    Mkhitaryan – £10m
    Holding – £10m
    Mustafi – £5m
    Elneny – £5m

Total: £70m

I would also sell Özil, Kolasinac and Sokratis but I don‘t think, that any team is interested in them because of their contracts.

Transfer in:
    Szoboszlai - £25m
    Sangare – £15m
    Sarr – Free transfer

Total: £40m

This is a minimalistic approach. I would obviously love getting players like Partey or Upamecano, but I don‘t think they are very interested in singing with our club, because they also have offers from teams, that are playing in the CL on a regular basis.

What I like about this strategy is how the team could look like in a few years. All are under 23 years old, have a lot of potenzial and already a lot of experience. Combine them with Saliba, Tierney, Saka and Martinelli and we could have a team, that is able to challenge for a title in two or three years.

Leno
    Bellerin, Saliba, Luiz, Tierney
    Sangare, Xhaka
    Pepe, Szoboszlai, Saka
    Aubameyang

Martinez
    Soares, Chambers, Sarr, Kolasinac
    Torreira, Willock
    Nelson, Özil, Martinelli
    Lacazette

Mari, Sokratis, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah

19. KrissKringle

While I wouldn't call him a dream signing over more accomplished players, I think that Callum Wilson can boast our attack if we get rid of Eddie, who's not cutting the mustard.
    He'd be a good rotation player with Laca, who has pace and shows up in the box to finish deep crosses from the flanks and is a pretty decent penalty taker.
    Obviously, I'm mentioning him because of budget issues and he'd be home grown + the price wouldn't break the bank.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  20. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Wilson has lost all his pace after multiple knee surgeries and that was his only real asset