• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The thing about Auba playing LW that makes me worry is Saka's development. Saka is too young to play as a starter every week, but he should be considered a starter imo. In a 4-3-3, LW is his position. LCM is Xhaka.

I'm not worried about his development at all, he's still just 18.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

1817393_Arsenal.jpg
Happy with all except Zaha :rolleyes:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
With Pereira, Buendia and Partey IN

------------- Leno -----------------
Bellerin - Salibah-Luiz - Tierney
------------- Partey ----------------
------ Ceballos ---- Buendia -----
Pereira/Pepe - Laca/Nketiah - Aubameyang/Martinelli(Saka)

Also, you can play Saka as LCM imo to play Auba as LF

------------------------ Partey --------------------------------
------------------- Buendia - Saka ---------------------------
Pereira/Pepe -- Laca/Nketiah - Aubameyang/Martinelli(Saka)

Buendia and Partey for a 4-3-3 would be better than Pereira probably.
The other option is Pepe instead of Pereira, that can make more sense since Arsenal paid 70m for Pepe.

Kav

Established Member
I wanted us to get ake but man city beat us to it. I recall @BigPoppaPump saying i wanted to fill the club with relegation fodder when i suggested we pick him up and Sarr. I think he is quality and City apparently feels the same.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don't think Arteta will play Auba centrally. He wants someone capable of retaining the ball, who go deep, hold and link. Sometimes as false 9 ... And Auba is not good doing that. Like something Mourinho said once, Auba works better as LW with a CF who drops like Firminho does.

Playing with a CAM solves that. Currently we dont have one though. Well we have Mesut but yeah.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Zaha-Auba-Pepe
Buendia-Partey
Xhaka
Tierney-Gabriel/Sarr-Saliba-AMN
Leno

Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson, Benrahma, ESR, Ceballos in rotation with the attack/mid

Def is still poverty beyond the first choices though but should be fine for now.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
One thing I hope we nail this summer is the age profiles of our squad. We either have too many youngsters in that 18-21 bracket or older players who just plain suck at 29-34.
We need more players in that 22-27 bracket, good enough to play regularly, physically at their best but still have some resale value. Look at the players we have in that age bracket already (I'm excluding goalkeepers cos they age differently in football). Holding, Chambers, Bellerin, Xhaka Mari, AMN, Torreria, Tierney, Pepe and Kolasinac. Whole lotta of injury prone players, you have 3 that have just recovered or are recovering from an ACL, some just aren't good enough to be at this level and Arteta wants to sell one of them. That's worrying that these are supposed to be the players that can step up but they don't.

Partey aged 27
Buendia aged 23
Gabriel aged 23
Cellabos aged 23
Tierney aged 23
Pepe aged 25
Aouar aged 22
We need more signings like these imo.

MarioGooner

My first wish is Grealish or Zaha.
And it would be nice to bring Upamecano as well, It would be great to pair him and Saliba, two future French stars.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gotta ask ourselves a few questions with signings

Saka was given the number 7 shirt. Hes obviously an elite talent but is he a starter yet? Do you buy someone who will potentially block his path?

Wide player IF Laca is sold.
CB IF we can shift at least two of the current ones. Saliba already in.

Partey and Coutinho are our strongest links thus far and Ceballos is resigning.

Leno, Emi
Bellerin OR AMN, Cedric
Saliba, Mustafi, Chambers
Luiz, Mari, Sokratis
Tierney, Kolasinac
Ceballos, Xhaka
Partey, Willock
Coutinho, ESR
Aubameyang, Saka
Lacazette, Martinelli, Nketiah
Pepe, Nelson

Actually starting to take shape.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Does anyone reckon Donny van de Beek may available on the cheap? He's got two years left on his contract and he's from the Dutch league which had to be cancelled early so that's a significant loss of revenue for most clubs.
Imagine a team like this (4-3-3):

Leno
AMN-Saliba-Gabriel?-Tierney
VDB?-Parety?-Saka
Pepe-Auba-Coutinho?

Is that team challenging for top 4?

Jakarta

Does anyone reckon Donny van de Beek may available on the cheap? He's got two years left on his contract and he's from the Dutch league which had to be cancelled early so that's a significant loss of revenue for most clubs.

Leno
VDB?-Parety?-Saka
Pepe-Auba-Coutinho?

Van de Beek is a good shout, could do the job Ramsey was doing for us and become our goal scoring midfielder.

That team tho lacks a CM who can create and dictate the game in midfield. Replace Saka with a midfielder of that type and that team can challenge for top 4 no doubt.

Btw why do people post Saka as a LCM? For me he is clearly a wide man.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Zaha------PEA-----Saka
---Coutinho---Ramsey
Tierney---Xhaka----Bellerin
--------Mari------Luiz
-----------Martinez

Choose your bench:
Leno
Mustafi
Chambers
Saliba
Soares
Kolasinac
Ceballos
AMN
Willock
Smith-Rowe
Nelson
Martinelli
Nketiah
Pepe
Lacazette

Last edited:

AmsterdamGunner

Leno
VDB?-Parety?-Saka
Pepe-Auba-Coutinho?

He won’t be cheap, he will go for 40 to 50 million. Ajax is one of the richest clubs in Europe based on their own money in the bank. They won’t have te sell cheap. He will probably want to play Champions League, as he has played the last seasons and will play when he stays with Ajax. I would be delighted if he came to us but no chance I think.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Is Van de beek even that technical?
It says magical skills here, but I only see simple play, no skills showing at all....

Just like I never get why Özil get praised for being “technical”. Özil?? He is not modric, iniesta, Kaka, kdb, is he??....even cazorla/coutinho is much more technical than Özil.
Not technical in the Kaka/Iniesta/Cazorla sense, I would not compare him to those players. They are creative players with insanely good dribbling/ball control skills in tight spaces. So if you expect that you're right he does not have 'magical skills'.

When I say technical I mean in the sense that he has a good first touch, can play one-touch football, decent passing range, always gives the right weight to passes, has decent dribbling skills to deal with pressure.

On top of that he has good vision, decision-making and spatial awareness (which is also why he is good at making runs into the box and scoring quite a few goals from midfield) and has a good engine to contribute on both sides of the pitch.

Defensively he's not good enough to be an anchor '6', but for a b2b player it's quite good.

He's not Frenkie level, but he's a very good cog in a midfield 3. Also, with the Ajax philosophy drilled into him, he's a positive attacking player looking for transitions to the final third, not sideways and backwards passing.
To anyone wanting van de beek.
You see, this is exactly the weaknesses of this kind of players.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think when Laca or Torreira go Martinelli will take one of their shirts.

Long term plan is looking good though. We have keepers for the long term, Tierney, Saliba and hopefully AMN at RB. So really just need that long term partner for Saliba as long as he is actually very good. Drop 40-90M on that.

Partey would be of course push the midfield up a few notches and Ceballos also being in there gives us a strong midfield base for a very long time. So cost for that is around £70M overall.

Saka, Martinelli and Pepe front 3 long term I think is where its at. We are lucky to have such players who can readily replace so much in Gabs and Saka.

The one thing we need when Auba finally goes is star quality, we need it now but its unrealistic. Talking a Havertz/Sancho level signing. An Alexis/Hazard level player.

Leno
AMN
Saliba
Skriniar
Tierney
Partey
Ceballos
Havertz
Saka
Martinelli
Pepe

£250M over the next two years and we have got a cracking team under Mikel.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What weakness?

To @RunTheTrap: He won't be cheap €40m I reckon.
I have bold the key points in my post above.
By being bad at those points, he will always be a limited player with huge flaws. I never saw such a limited non-technical uninvolved in build up #10 in history.
I would rather get someone like Aouar or weaker version of Aouar as long as they are good at what I have mentioned.

You have already answered my question. Özil and van de beek are not technical players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom