<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Big fan of his. I see his future as a central defender though.

Sebastes likes this.
  2. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Yeah sell the numpty and buy the Lamptey.

Sebastes likes this.
  3. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Yeah, can defo see this as well. But seeing he does well as a DM I’d look at him (for a reasonable price) if Partey wouldn’t happe

4. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

How much of this is playing as WB though and would he do as well in a back four?

I’ve seen people arguing tvat AMN is better as WB, Sp**s purchase of Doherty was almost slaughtered on here because ”he can’t play RB”.

He’s looked really good though, agree on that :)

5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Maybe he could be a winger because he spent all the match in the Newcastle half. Just looks like he had “it”.

6. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Afraid to wishlist anyone after what they did with Özil.

I will enjoy my favorite players at their clubs from now.

7. Jakarta

Jakarta Well-Known Member

Posting stuff of dreams...although if I were a Chelsea fan it would be realistic considering their window this summer smh

Grealish
    Partey
    Zaha
    Milik

——————Leno—————————
    AMN——Saliba——Gabriel——Tierney
    —————Partey——Ceballos——————
    Pepe/Willian—-Grealish———Zaha—-
    —————————Auba————————

Throw Milik on in games where teams park the bus.

Jeeeez man I would watch every game live if we had a team like this.

8. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Lamptey or J.Ward.

9. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Arsenal find a midfield baargain with the potential to improve a lot. Ibrahim Sangaré might be worth a punt if it's true he can be bought for £10 million with a year left on his deal...

These are the types of players you want to buy BEFORE Leicester/Southampton buy them....

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  10. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

This is one way we can go and we used to do this OR we can go and pay big bucks for established stars. I would say mix the two, for instance we can get Aouar & Sangare instead of Partey.

11. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

If spending more money, an Aouar type signing is preferable to signing older, more established players like Özil or Sanchez, who saw Arsenal as a step down, or Pepe where Raul decided to overpay to get structured payments certainly...

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Partey, Aouar and even though we don't need him Callum Hudson Odoi.

Odoi, ESR, Saka and Martinelli, with Nelson and Nketiah in reserve would be the best stable of under 21 forwards in world football. Laca, Auba and Willian replaced for when they are moved on within the next 3 years. Makes that Özil chap obsolete as well.

Sell: Mustafi, Sokratis, Torreria, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Holding.

Loan: Nelson, Willock

13. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Sell: Mustafi (€10m) Sokratis (€3m) Torreira (€25m) Guendouzi (€30m) Kolasinac (€2m) Lacazette (€35m) Chambers (€15m) Holding (€10m) Balogun (€8m) Nelson (loan)
    = €138m

Surely, we should be able to buy Aouar + Partey and perhaps a talented striker or fullback from this money?

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  14. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Yeah, was massively impressed with him in the game I saw of Marseille the other day. Nice passing too.

I always thought of him as a CB playing DM but he looks good enough to be a DM, he looks a pretty top player already.

He is one of a number of alternative options to Thomas, I hope that if we sell Guendouzi we are open-minded about things, I understand Arteta wants experience but not sacrificing quality or value for money!

15. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

This season we get Aouar & Partey to finish 3rd and make CL. Next season we go big for Sancho and our future looks like this for me.

----Martinelli-----Auba-------Sancho
    ----------Saka----Partey--------Aouar
    Tierney-----Gabriel---Saliba---AMN
    ------------------Leno------------------

Impact and mazinarsenal1988 like this.
  16. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

Big investment this summer in Partey & Auoar sets us up much better & the team if needed can adopt a more conservative approach the next couple of windows.

A following summer of Bellerin out & Lamptey in, with Laca out & someone like Patson Daka in gives us more pace, athleticism, and a really good core of 20-24 year olds ready to take over when City & Liverpool drop a level or 2.

17. Whilst we are 12 months away from a really solid defensive partnership which will come with experience, we really need some top quality in midfield, we have some good to very good midfielders but i done think we have any one world class which we saw against Liverpool and doesn't allow us to play a system that Arteta would like to play which is 4|3|3

Xhaka - Very good
    Ceballos - Can become world class but not ours
    Eleneny - Good
    Saka - Very good but 2 years away from taking a permanent position which will more than likely be left wing
    Guendozi - Wants to leave but could be world class apart from attitude
    Willock, Nielson and ESR - All need EPL loans

So to the point we need Partey and Auour otherwise we will struggle this season to really make top 4 and beat the best teams

Spend the money now and make it back next year through some sales as our younger players come through loan experience

18. Agree with all but we would need to keep either Chambers or Holding as we would be short of a right footed centre back

19. MiiTek

MiiTek Member

Rodrigo Bettancur plan B for a Partey :rolleyes:

20. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Sangare went to PSV for 8.2m a few days after you posted and Ibrahima Diallo has just gone to Southampton. I'm slightly worried we're going to end up not signing Partey or Aouar and our backup picks will have already moved or there will be no time to sign backups with clubs refusing to sell as they can't replace.