• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Balboa

I'd like to see Arsenal find a midfield baargain with the potential to improve a lot. Ibrahim Sangaré might be worth a punt if it's true he can be bought for £10 million with a year left on his deal...

These are the types of players you want to buy BEFORE Leicester/Southampton buy them....

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I'd like to see Arsenal find a midfield baargain with the potential to improve a lot. Ibrahim Sangaré might be worth a punt if it's true he can be bought for £10 million with a year left on his deal...

These are the types of players you want to buy BEFORE Leicester/Southampton buy them....

This is one way we can go and we used to do this OR we can go and pay big bucks for established stars. I would say mix the two, for instance we can get Aouar & Sangare instead of Partey.

Balboa

This is one way we can go and we used to do this OR we can go and pay big bucks for established stars. I would say mix the two, for instance we can get Aouar & Sangare instead of Partey.

If spending more money, an Aouar type signing is preferable to signing older, more established players like Özil or Sanchez, who saw Arsenal as a step down, or Pepe where Raul decided to overpay to get structured payments certainly...

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Partey, Aouar and even though we don't need him Callum Hudson Odoi.

Odoi, ESR, Saka and Martinelli, with Nelson and Nketiah in reserve would be the best stable of under 21 forwards in world football. Laca, Auba and Willian replaced for when they are moved on within the next 3 years. Makes that Özil chap obsolete as well.

Sell: Mustafi, Sokratis, Torreria, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Holding.

Loan: Nelson, Willock

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sell: Mustafi (€10m) Sokratis (€3m) Torreira (€25m) Guendouzi (€30m) Kolasinac (€2m) Lacazette (€35m) Chambers (€15m) Holding (€10m) Balogun (€8m) Nelson (loan)
= €138m

Surely, we should be able to buy Aouar + Partey and perhaps a talented striker or fullback from this money?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Have found myself watching Ligue 1 and just happened to catch three games of OM.

Boubacar Kamara looks class. Based on what I’ve seen of him I’d have him as the no 1 Partey alternative. Very calm and good on the ball, decent positioning and reading of the game. Big upside as well as he’s only 21 (in Nov)

Yeah, was massively impressed with him in the game I saw of Marseille the other day. Nice passing too.

I always thought of him as a CB playing DM but he looks good enough to be a DM, he looks a pretty top player already.

He is one of a number of alternative options to Thomas, I hope that if we sell Guendouzi we are open-minded about things, I understand Arteta wants experience but not sacrificing quality or value for money!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This season we get Aouar & Partey to finish 3rd and make CL. Next season we go big for Sancho and our future looks like this for me.

----Martinelli-----Auba-------Sancho
----------Saka----Partey--------Aouar
Tierney-----Gabriel---Saliba---AMN
------------------Leno------------------

Goonger

Big investment this summer in Partey & Auoar sets us up much better & the team if needed can adopt a more conservative approach the next couple of windows.

A following summer of Bellerin out & Lamptey in, with Laca out & someone like Patson Daka in gives us more pace, athleticism, and a really good core of 20-24 year olds ready to take over when City & Liverpool drop a level or 2.

Whilst we are 12 months away from a really solid defensive partnership which will come with experience, we really need some top quality in midfield, we have some good to very good midfielders but i done think we have any one world class which we saw against Liverpool and doesn't allow us to play a system that Arteta would like to play which is 4|3|3

Xhaka - Very good
Ceballos - Can become world class but not ours
Eleneny - Good
Saka - Very good but 2 years away from taking a permanent position which will more than likely be left wing
Guendozi - Wants to leave but could be world class apart from attitude
Willock, Nielson and ESR - All need EPL loans

So to the point we need Partey and Auour otherwise we will struggle this season to really make top 4 and beat the best teams

Spend the money now and make it back next year through some sales as our younger players come through loan experience

Sell: Mustafi (€10m) Sokratis (€3m) Torreira (€25m) Guendouzi (€30m) Kolasinac (€2m) Lacazette (€35m) Chambers (€15m) Holding (€10m) Balogun (€8m) Nelson (loan)
= €138m

Surely, we should be able to buy Aouar + Partey and perhaps a talented striker or fullback from this money?

Agree with all but we would need to keep either Chambers or Holding as we would be short of a right footed centre back

benjamin86

Established Member

Sangare went to PSV for 8.2m a few days after you posted and Ibrahima Diallo has just gone to Southampton. I'm slightly worried we're going to end up not signing Partey or Aouar and our backup picks will have already moved or there will be no time to sign backups with clubs refusing to sell as they can't replace.

truth_hurts

Zaha, Aouar, Partey. Let's gooooooo

Sell: Mustafi, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Torreria (loan with option), Sokratis, Balogun.

Loan: ESR, Nelson

truth_hurts

Since Aulas slapped Vinai with his ****, we need to be creative with alternatives.

I wonder if Madrid would do us another favour and loan Isco?! I hate myself for saying this, I'd take Dele Alli as well. Very different to Aouar and Isco, but gives us drive.

truth_hurts

Matheus Henrique.

Wendel from Sporting Lisbon.

If Brazillian is all Edu knows. Then at least get young players with potential.

Young talent is the laat thing that we need more of though. We have a 30m teen cb, who isn't ready to start. A 21 year old French international whose mission is to get back in the squad; an England under 21 winger who looks scared of his own shadow and ESR, who has only shown consistency in the 2nd tier. Willock and Nketiah look nothing more than squaddies and Saka and Martinelli, who look starting quality.

We need players who will come in and make instant improvements to our functioning. Therefore, I want Kabak, Partey and Isco.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom