• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
yea I get that, we want players who are strong in all areas. I just think Arsenal wont be able to get them for a small outlay for the quality we need, but I'd argue we got 2 of those in Pepe and Willian, who are sound in both areas. I just think Grealish would be perfect for Aubameyang and Pepe.

Maybe he has an agreement with Villa that he gives them one more year? I'd offer 40m and Reiss Nelson, or 55m and ESR on loan maybe.

Commercially, he'd be a great signing for us. We have Aubameyang and Aubameyang alone that us a shirt seller. Maybe Partey now in Ghana?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If people are putting down Grealish I am going to back Saka and Martinelli.

Camavinga, Upamecano and Edouard for me.

Auba---------Edouard-------Pepe

-----------------Saka

---Camavinga----Partey

Tierney--------------------------Belerin

----------Gabriel-Upamecano

-----------------Leno

Jakarta

See people are getting on the Grealish hype.

I’ve not seen an English player like him in my lifetime, the way he plays reminds me of a more mobile Rui Costa.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Will go against the grain and not say Grealish - with Saka on the rise I actually think money is better spent elsewhere.

Onana - 24 y/o but still plenty of experience (incl CL) and I think we would benefit massively from having a gk with really good distribution. If he comes I'm calling two assists for him (to Auba). Luxury signing though, as we can get by with Leno for the time being.

Upamecano - we probably sat out our chance to get him, but him and Gabriel together :shivering:

Depay - adds goals and versatile in that he can play LW/CF/AM. Plenty of sauce and we'd get a right foot to complement Pepe's left at dead ball situations. In his prime, knows what it takes and contract can be agreed in January

Ceballos - just buy him already. pretty please?

RB - I would've hoped AMN could make the RB spot his, but seems unlikely now and then I'd want to replace Bellerin. Are there any right footed Tierney's out there? Lamptey and Bogle look very good going forward, but I'm not sure on them defensively

LB - back-up option needed when Kola leaves

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I understand Onana is top quality, but Onana is in that mid 20's age bracket. Would rather get a 17-21 year old keeper that can take over Leno when Leno retires, not one that'll be at a similar stage in there career. As you said, its a luxury signing so I doubt it'll happen any time soon. As for Depay, I very much doubt he'd reject Barca for us. Hes going on a free and Barca would just be a better alternative for Depay, I also do think he is class tho. Lamptey I would 100% back, looks a star talent. Not sure about Bogle yet, hasn't exploded like Lamptey. I fully agree we should try for Upamecano, I wouldnt be surprised if he rejected Utd for us with our project. Gabriel did. I think main priority has to be a young, creative midfielder. And Grealish is perfect, can play in a 10 on the left or in a midfield 3. Would just fit our system so perfectly and is so good. Ceballos also a very good squad option IMO, not a bench player but a rotation player. I just think there is better out there. Personally I'd go back in for Aouar and sell Xhaka and Torreira and just have a midfield 3 of Grealish as sort of advanced midfielder, Aouar as like a ball progressor and Partey as a Box to Box. With that back up options in Ceballos and Guendouzi, think we'd have an absolutely amazing midfield. Would cost around 120M but I think it's do-able with some of our assets (Özil, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Torreira, Xhaka, Lacazette, Holding, Chambers, Sokratis, Willock & Nelson).
I want Onana as 1st choice though. Agree there’s not much use in getting him otherwise.

Yeah, Depay probably goes to Barca, but I’d still rank him higher than the likes of Daka and Edouard. Especially since he’s more proven.

I don’t think we’ll play a midfield 3 where one plays like CAM in front of two others. Nor that we’d play 4-2-3-1. I guess Grealish or Aouar as lcm with Partey as holding and Saka as rcm would actually be really nice. But if we’re trying to commit to Ceballos and see him as a long term starting player then I’d leave Grealish and Aouar where they are and go big on Saka until he gives anyone reason to doubt he’s not a future star.

Token Yank

Marcos Antonio from Shakhtar caught my eye against Real Madrid. Liked his youtube videos. Anyone know anything about him. Could be a cheaper alternative to some of the other links. Young, Brazilian, same agent as Martinelli. @El Duderino

benjamin86

Established Member
I see Saka as more of a winger, he can do a job in midfield but part of his amazing game is dribbling and getting past defenders down the line and either cutting in or putting in a very good cross. Midfield would restrict him and IMO Saka can become one of the best in the world. Grealish just suits our midfield, he's not a guy whose main priority is to dribble and beat defenders, he is a guy that will lay off a magnificent pass to the likes of Saka so they can do that. Partey is more of a box to box then a holding midfielder/dm. We dont neccessarily NEED a midfielder who stays back at all costs, we just need them to press and then come back if we get counted. Partey is a monster so he can sort of do everything, whilst Aouar can be the guy to progress the ball up the pitch and lay it off to a Grealish who can look for openings. Grealish just fits perfectly, as for Ceballos. I'm not saying drop him, I'm saying get another world class midfielder (i.e. Aouar) so he can fight for his place. Our midfield would be hungry for spots, compared with complacent which it is atm. And idk I don't see the need for replacing Leno atm, doing a good job and regularly putting in world class saves (a part from last nights horror).
I'm fairly sure Ceballos has out performed Aouar if you compare his performances from working under Arteta. I think a midfield 3 of Saka/AMN, Partey and Ceballos would be interesting for this season. (if we were to play 4-3-3)

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Goalkeepers - Leon, Runarsson, Macey

Should be OK, we have Okonkwo coming through who could could potentially take over from Macey if he decides to leave. Leno concerns me but I think he will stay as Number 1.

Fullback - Bellerin, Cedric, Tierney, Kolasinac

Not too much to do here. Hopefully we get rid of Kola and get an understudy to Tierney on much lower wages.

Central defence - Gabriel, Luiz, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Saliba, Mustafi, Sokratis, Mavraponos

Massive cull needed here. Luiz, Chambers, Mustafi, Sokratis and Mavraponos should all leave and we should sign one top quality right sided player to partner Gabriel.

Midfield - Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock, AMN, Torreira, Guendouzi, ESR

Torreira and Guendouzi need to be shifted and being hard I think one of Willock or AMN needs to be sold too. Azeez could be ready to be around the 1st team next season and hopefully ESR stays fit and starts featuring more. One top quality signing could be the missing piece to take up a couple of levels.

Forwards - Auba, Laca, Pepe, Saka, Willian, Nelson, Nketiah, Martinelli, Özil

I think we need a shake up here too. Auba is such a natural goal scorer, I think we need to build the team so that he doesn't need to be involved in build up too much as his play other than goals is very average. Laca needs to be sold, Nketiah and Martinelli are fine as backup to Auba. We need a rotation option with Saka on the left. This is a massive season for Nelson, I think if he doesn't kick on this season he probably needs to be sold to raise funds.

Out - Macey, Luiz, Sokratis, Chambers, Mustafi, Mavraponos, Kolasinac, Torreira, Guendouzi, AMN/Willock, Lacazette, Nelson, Özil

In - I have nobody specific in mind but I know the profiles of player I would want,

An understudy to Tierney who won't be have the drop off in quality we see when Kola plays there.
A commanding right sided central defender to partner Gabriel in the 23-26 age range
Make Ceballos permanent
A creative 8/10 who can can give us a new dimension in attack
A left sided forward to compete with Saka.

GK - Leno, Runarsson, Okonkwo
DL - Tierney, New
DC - Gabriel, Mari
DC - New, Holding, Saliba
DR - Bellerin, Cedric
MC - Partey, AMN
MC - Ceballos, Xhaka, Azeez
MC - New, ESR
FL - Saka, New
SC - Auba, Nketiah, Martinelli
RF - Pepe, Willian

truth_hurts

Buy Isco and offer him silly wages. Perfect Özil replacement and imagine a midfield 3 of Partey, Ceballos and Isco.

truth_hurts

so stupid, just replace Özil with a 28 year old who has been poor recently on similar wages. Why not just get an Aouar? Younger and less wages and the better player

Same reason we didn't get Torreria instead of Partey - oh, we did.

Aouar is better than Isco? Crack is wack my friend.

truth_hurts

ur a plastic if ud want a 28 year old, declining isco over a 21 year old Aouar. Isco is actually a very underrated player, he really is. But for 200k+ in wages per week and a 30m-40m fee, not worth it at all for someone who is in decline. Im just saying, way better options. Isco is not the right one, we need to make our squad younger. And with Partey, I have always been for Partey. Thats because he is clearly not in decline and one of the worlds best midfielders, the same cant be said for Isco. Id just go for a Grealish and/or an Aouar

Oh kay m8. Yh, I c ur point about deKline n that. I'm not a plastik fan though.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I see Saka as more of a winger, he can do a job in midfield but part of his amazing game is dribbling and getting past defenders down the line and either cutting in or putting in a very good cross. Midfield would restrict him and IMO Saka can become one of the best in the world. Grealish just suits our midfield, he's not a guy whose main priority is to dribble and beat defenders, he is a guy that will lay off a magnificent pass to the likes of Saka so they can do that. Partey is more of a box to box then a holding midfielder/dm. We dont neccessarily NEED a midfielder who stays back at all costs, we just need them to press and then come back if we get counted. Partey is a monster so he can sort of do everything, whilst Aouar can be the guy to progress the ball up the pitch and lay it off to a Grealish who can look for openings. Grealish just fits perfectly, as for Ceballos. I'm not saying drop him, I'm saying get another world class midfielder (i.e. Aouar) so he can fight for his place. Our midfield would be hungry for spots, compared with complacent which it is atm. And idk I don't see the need for replacing Leno atm, doing a good job and regularly putting in world class saves (a part from last nights horror).
Let’s agree to disagree then.

Saka is a talented winger but he hasn’t got enough output in terms of goals to play in that inside forward role we’d see in a 4-3-3. I also think he has much higher ceiling at LCM. We’ve just started to see him in that midfield role and he’s getting better by the game. His dribbling skills is a major plus in terms of being able to progress the ball and he actually has very good vision and decision making for such a young player. But it’d have to be in a midfield three where there’s not a distinct CAM, so it’s a pretty narrow role I have in mind. If we were to play 4-2-3-1 I agree with him playing LW. He could perhaps play as the right attacker in a 4-3-4, but don’t think he will as long as we’ve got Pepe and Willian. That would be the caveat I guess. We could sell Pepe, play Saka at RW and buy Aouar or Grealish for that LCM role.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom