• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
arsenalfc0719 said:
Dimitrov
Mordric
Arshavin

Oh and Kaka, I know its never going to happen, but this is the wish list thread.
You do know he went to spuds right? :shock:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
One just need to watch Valencia vs A Madrid to see how good Aguero is. Superb first touch, great close control, fantastic dribbling ability. Another wish list.

Realised there are so many good talents around, Valencia have many young blokes who have great ability and potential. Just watched French Ligue as well. Briand, Monnet-Pacquet, Obertan, Saivet, Wendell, Cavenaghi. So many good players there.

Our squad actually just need 6 players to make it perfect.

Akinfeev
Fabianski
Manonne

Sagna
Eboue/Anyukov?

Toure
Gallas
Mertesacker/Richards/Corluka/Any Good CB
Senderos
Djourou

Clichy
Traore

Song
Cesc
Denilson
Diaby
Toulalan/Veloso/Any good CMs, plenty of them

Hleb
Rosicky
Ben Arfa/Arshavin/Quaresma/Dimitrov
Nasri

Ade
RVP
Bendtner
Walcott
Eduardo

Anzac

Established Member
In all honesty I'll be gob smacked if AW did actually sign anyone that we've been seriously talking about - I'm sure he considers the likes of Diego, Ben Arfa, Nasri etc as all being 'name' players already. I'm still expecting to see the likes of Gouffran & Kranjcar to come in to work from the bench, as opposed to signing starting types. My bet is that he's targeting our lack of depth regarding quality & experience as opposed to disturbing the starting team or impacting upon playing time for his development projects.

Illusion

Established Member
Aguero would cost the world, although he'd be worth it as far as I'm concerned.

We still don't know what Wenger will do, we are being linked to an awful lot of players, many we want and many we don't want.

I just want him to sign at least one player that we've been banging on about, give us something to enjoy the summer with Wenger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't even care for a big names personally..I just want signings. In the right positions.
Eduardo and Sagna are good examples, very good signings, but was simply not enough.
Especially when you compare the amount of first team players that have left these past 2 summers and the amount/quality of the ones coming in.
What I want Wenger to do is:

Sign a left winger who can play left wing.
A strong tall Center-back who can play as a Center back.
An attacking mid who won't be wasted on the wings
and an experienced & dominant Goal keeper.

What I am expecting him to actually do though is bring 2 players.

A Central midfielder who can play all across the back four...
and an Attacking midfielder who can play all across midfield and as a second striker.

And that is all.

kel varnsen

Established Member
my wishlist:
nasri
giovinco or rosina
meira, kompany or another cb decent on the ball.
an agressive and mobile central midfielder

evoh_1

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
evoh_1 said:
INS

BEN ARFA WING
NASRI CM- WIDE
BARRY CM-DM-LB

VILLA (at the right price)

OUTS

HOYTE
HLEB

Do you reckon we are all right at CB then mate?

BTW I would cry tears of joy, and cum several times if we got Barry, Nasri and Ben Arfa :)

i think we have an alright set up for the back the only problem is long balls up the middle and the knock ons that result, i think a change in how we play when team start playing the long ball is more important the the individual. when a team goes long regularly we have to have the other CM drop deeper into the space just infront of the back 4 to pick up on loose knock downs. then when they realize that it won't work he moves up to close down.

simple change in play in response to opposition play rather then personnel changes.

also i think we are at heart an attacking team and the focus of signings should bne to caplitalize on the changes we create rather then worrying about opposition play. if we score most of the good chance we create no matter how many the other team get i think we will win 90% of games.

nazo

Established Member
Anyone know how Zapater did this season? (the one at Real Zaragoza)
Since they're relegated, we could sign him for a lower price. He's supposed to be a good DM. We were linked to him last summer btw.

Anzac

Established Member
@ evoh

Mate I love what you are saying - and I agree entirely.
We know that basically AW aims to out score the opposition as opposed to keeping them out. The recent stats re our defending will give him enough confidence to retain our back 4 as is. I've already given my opinion about Flamini's defensive efforts in the run home & believe that you are right on the nail regarding our targeting an experienced & intelligent player for the DM role, one with enough experience / capability to read the shift in the game & respond without being told what to do.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Anyone else here who thinks Tymoschuk would be a good replacement for Flamini?
The only time Ive ever seen him play was the Uefa Cup final, but watching that I thought he could be, but hes too old for Wenger to sign I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom