• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Breezy

What in the actual f*ck is that? Rather watch my mum cheat on my dad.

Let me educate you my boy.

Best fullback in South America on a free, huge upgrade on Bellerin.

Player with the most key passes in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season in the prime of his career on a free.

Best player in Ligue 1, outside of PSG, and one of the most well rounded forwards in Europe approaching his prime years, with PL experience on a free.

One of the quickest most athletic central defenders in Europe in the final year of his contract.

A highly talented dynamic dominant young box2box midfielder already doing bits in a top league and tailor-made for the PL.

And one of the most exciting and versatile young prospects in Europe who can play-make from out wide and has an 8M release clause.

But if you’d rather watch your mum get banged then no problem, you do you.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Let me educate you my boy.

Best fullback in South America on a free, huge upgrade on Bellerin.

Player with the most key passes in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season in the prime of his career on a free.

Best player in Ligue 1, outside of PSG, and one of the most well rounded forwards in Europe approaching his prime years, with PL experience on a free.

One of the quickest most athletic central defenders in Europe in the final year of his contract.

A highly talented dynamic dominant young box2box midfielder already doing bits in a top league and tailor-made for the PL.

And one of the most exciting and versatile young prospects in Europe who can play-make from out wide and has an 8M release clause.

But if you’d rather watch your mum get banged then no problem, you do you.

I'm not reading all this, sorry.

SkyArsenal

I wonder if we are/were looking at Omar Richards as an option for back-up left-back from Reading. Available on a free this summer.

Why should he want to be back-up LB for Arsenal, when he can be the same for Bayern and likely earn more, play CL and win trophies?

Also, according to the Athletic, he’s close to a pre-contract with Bayern already...

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

As realistic as it gets:

In
Gonzalo Montiel (Free)
Denayer (25m)
Mangala (20m)
Calhanoglu (Free)
Olise (8m)
Depay (Free)

Leno
Montiel Denayer Mari Tierney
Partey — Mangala
Saka — Calhanoglu — Olise
Depay
Can get behind this. Have seen Montiel and Mangala mentioned but don’t really know of them. Calhanoglu being able to adjust to PL or not is a risk but shouldn’t be hard sell on for a profit. If he flops we’d still have ESR and Olise...

Think Denayer would be perfect, but would be happy enough with Holding for next season if it comes down to budget. Olise I’d imagine wouldn’t play as a starter but feels like a no brainer for the future.

We probably need to add another CM and maybe even two if Guendouzi leaves.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Evans - Free
Wilshere - Free
Depay - Free
Bissouma - 25M
Grealish - 80M

Lovely stuff.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if Tarkowski could be an option in the summer. The club apparently want a right-footed CB, and seeing as Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis will all leave i'm guessing they might want an experienced player.

Tarkowski will have a year left on his contract in the summer, even if Burnley don't get relegated it still seems like a natural parting point and their last chance to cash in on him, maybe 20-30m.

Some fans will turn their nose up at Tarkowski but it's the sort of deal Leicester would do to replace Evans and then we'd all be complaining when it turns out he plays well for them.

He's a very good defender and a leader, and his passing would improve in a possession-based side, and frankly even if he isn't Beckenbauer i'm not sure it matters that much. Gabriel is a competent forward passer, Mari too, I think it's a bit of a modern myth that both CBs should be fantastic passers, I think it's more important to have a good mix of talents.

We all want that Saliba-Gabriel partnership, but i'm happy to be patient, in the meantime a guy like Tarkowski could be very useful.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I said this before but people's perceptions of what a good CB should be are totally warped these days. Firstly people rate younger CBs more and more, when it's still a position mastered much later on usually around the age of 30. Secondly they expect too much from CBs. Having two VVDs is unrealistic and even if you could it'd cost way too much.

Like sure if neither of your CBs are great with the ball that's going to harm your tactical set-up, or if neither are quick that's also a problem. But a lot of games that we play are games like the Palace one the other day where our CBs have a lot of the ball passing it from side to side trying to find an opening. You don't need two ball-playing CBs for that, one is enough.

Gabriel is quick, he can bring the ball out and he can pass forwards. Who cares if Tarkowski is slower or not as good a passer, he has experience, organisation and great defensive skills. It's about what makes a good partnership. Tarkowski-Gabriel has the makings of a good partnership.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tarkowski is a good shout.

January - give Chambers a chance whilst selling Sokratis, in January. Mustafi and Luiz to leave in the summer. I'd also sell Knob Balding but this won't happen.

January - bring in Isco on loan. Özil has gone. Think we're just going to hope in of Ceballos, Xhaka or Nenny forms a partnership with Partey.

January - last chance saloons for Nketiah, Laca, Willian and Nelson. All have talent, but all are also replaceable. I'd reluctantly throw Pepe in the mix as well. 3 of these players should be sold in the summer.

Summer outs: Runnarson, Bellerin, Mustafi, Luiz, Chambers (reluctantly), Kolasinac, El Nenny, Xhaka, Ceballos, Willian, Lacazette, Nelson.

Summer ins: Neto, Boly/Tarkowski, Bissouma, Guendouzi, Soloman/Bailey. Have Auba and Martinelli battle it out at cf.

-------------------------Leno
-Amn------Boly-----------Gabriel-----Tierney
----------------Partey----Bissouma----------------
------Saka-----------Pepe----------Bailey----------
---------------------Aubameyang

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's about adding quality in a clever way. Tarkowski fits that mould. Another clever way is using players you already own. We're going to need new CMs for next season, we can add quality in that area without spending by just using Guendouzi. We need a new star forward, go for Depay on a free.

Free transfers, swaps, finding plays with a year left on their deals, using the assets you already own better...do stuff like that and it might free up the funds to spend big in one player like an Aouar or whoever.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

People actually wish listing Soloman. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Top Bottom