• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need a mix of sensible deals and a dollop of star quality.

Inexpensive homegrown back-up GK and LB, experienced PL CB like Tarkowski, developing an asset like Guendouzi, cheap CM options like Lokonga or Mwepu, then you go for the star quality where it really matters in the final 3rd.

I've been saying Depay should be a no-brainer, well I'd put Dybala as an option too, it is the wish list after all.

Year left on his deal at Juve, always the sense that he needed to play in a team where he could be the undisputed star, well he'd be that here. Özil's departure got me thinking of his signing and how excited fans were, how everyone bought his shirt, maybe it's time for that again and Dybala would be that guy.

Whether it's Depay or Dybala both can play CF, drop deep, play wide, both are in their primes and can wear the no. 10 shirt for a club like us, both could also link up well with Auba.

Sometimes you need astute inexpensive unglamorous signings, and sometimes you need a big ol' star signing. Well this current Arsenal team is crying out for a big ol' star signing.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We need a mix of sensible deals and a dollop of star quality.

Inexpensive homegrown back-up GK and LB, experienced PL CB like Tarkowski, developing an asset like Guendouzi, cheap CM options like Lokonga or Mwepu, then you go for the star quality where it really matters in the final 3rd.

I've been saying Depay should be a no-brainer, well I'd put Dybala as an option too, it is the wish list after all.

Year left on his deal at Juve, always the sense that he needed to play in a team where he could be the undisputed star, well he'd be that here. Özil's departure got me thinking of his signing and how excited fans were, how everyone bought his shirt, maybe it's time for that again and Dybala would be that guy.

Whether it's Depay or Dybala both can play CF, drop deep, play wide, both are in their primes and can wear the no. 10 shirt for a club like us, both could also link up well with Auba.

Sometimes you need astute inexpensive unglamorous signings, and sometimes you need a big ol' star signing. Well this current Arsenal team is crying out for a big ol' star signing.
Dybala I badly want but can't see it happening. The big problem is we are likely to need a huge amount of cash to round up the squad.

In that case, I think going after 3 to 4 free signings wouldn't be too bad. Evans, Montiel, Bernat and Depay. Then we get Buendia and someone like Bissouma which would be aound 70. Now if we want more we'd have to sell and that's why I'm not seeing a Dybala or Grealish because we have very few sellable assets to finance. Its highly unliekly we'll cross 100m in spending given the current state of affairs.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I said this before but people's perceptions of what a good CB should be are totally warped these days. Firstly people rate younger CBs more and more, when it's still a position mastered much later on usually around the age of 30. Secondly they expect too much from CBs. Having two VVDs is unrealistic and even if you could it'd cost way too much.

Like sure if neither of your CBs are great with the ball that's going to harm your tactical set-up, or if neither are quick that's also a problem. But a lot of games that we play are games like the Palace one the other day where our CBs have a lot of the ball passing it from side to side trying to find an opening. You don't need two ball-playing CBs for that, one is enough.

Gabriel is quick, he can bring the ball out and he can pass forwards. Who cares if Tarkowski is slower or not as good a passer, he has experience, organisation and great defensive skills. It's about what makes a good partnership. Tarkowski-Gabriel has the makings of a good partnership.
Better to go for Denayer then. Power and pace, intelligent and actually a vety good passer. Contract runs out 2022 so Lyon need to sell or extend in the summer. He’s still just 25 but has plenty of experience, both from club football and NT. Plays as a lcb in Lyon but is roght footed and has played rb and rcb enough to be comfortable on the right side.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Better to go for Denayer then. Power and pace, intelligent and actually a vety good passer. Contract runs out 2022 so Lyon need to sell or extend in the summer. He’s still just 25 but has plenty of experience, both from club football and NT. Plays as a lcb in Lyon but is roght footed and has played rb and rcb enough to be comfortable on the right side.

Denayer looks good to me but I'd still pick a Tarkowski if the club is looking for a RCB. Over 150 games in the PL, 28, fantastic defender, good character and leader, 1 year left on his contract, homegrown, ticks more boxes for me.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Dybala I badly want but can't see it happening. The big problem is we are likely to need a huge amount of cash to round up the squad.

In that case, I think going after 3 to 4 free signings wouldn't be too bad. Evans, Montiel, Bernat and Depay. Then we get Buendia and someone like Bissouma which would be aound 70. Now if we want more we'd have to sell and that's why I'm not seeing a Dybala or Grealish because we have very few sellable assets to finance. Its highly unliekly we'll cross 100m in spending given the current state of affairs.

For sure i'm not expecting it, just the fact he only has a year on his contract makes me think there's a glimmer of hope, whereas Grealish's new contract makes that deal so much more difficult.

We forget that Arsenal is a global club, millions of fans, it needs stars and recognisable faces. Auba has star status, Partey has a bit of it, but apart from that we have none. We need a star, we need a no. 10, we need someone to get the fans excited. Dybala 100% fits that description, but obviously if we can't afford him I'd say Depay is the next best thing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
For sure i'm not expecting it, just the fact he only has a year on his contract makes me think there's a glimmer of hope, whereas Grealish's new contract makes that deal so much more difficult.

We forget that Arsenal is a global club, millions of fans, it needs stars and recognisable faces. Auba has star status, Partey has a bit of it, but apart from that we have none. We need a star, we need a no. 10, we need someone to get the fans excited. Dybala 100% fits that description, but obviously if we can't afford him I'd say Depay is the next best thing.
Dybala is overrated. Depay is a lot more skillful.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Denayer looks good to me but I'd still pick a Tarkowski if the club is looking for a RCB. Over 150 games in the PL, 28, fantastic defender, good character and leader, 1 year left on his contract, homegrown, ticks more boxes for me.
Yeah can’t really disagree with your arguments. Think we just rate different qualities. For me Tarkowski’s been playing in a defensive team with a low block where as Denayer has played in a more attacking team. Also regarding age in Denayer you get as much experience (not PL though) in a you ger player... would be happy woth anyone of them, but would also prioritise cmx2, am, cf, rb, 2nd gk and 2nd lb over a cb

SkyArsenal

As much as I like him, Dybala as a lone CF will NOT work!

He’s at his best when playing as a second or shadow striker off a partner, like Ronaldo or Higuain or Morata.

Maybe, just maybe he could also work in a False 9 kinda setup:

Auba-Dybala-Saka

Brandt-Bissouma-Partey

Come to think of it, that would probably like more like a 442 in reality:

Auba-Dybala
Brandt-Bissouma-Partey-Saka

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
As much as I like him, Dybala as a lone CF will NOT work!

He’s at his best when playing as a second or shadow striker off a partner, like Ronaldo or Higuain or Morata.

Maybe, just maybe he could also work in a False 9 kinda setup:

Auba-Dybala-Saka

Brandt-Bissouma-Partey

Come to think of it, that would probably like more like a 442 in reality:

Auba-Dybala
Brandt-Bissouma-Partey-Saka
Dybala looked his best as the main striker actually. His form and productivity fell off a cliff once Juve decided to put him in a deeper creative role. Looking at his videos, its hard to tell whether he'd be able to cut it in the PL though. He isn't very quick and particularly strong to compensate for his size. Not exactly a great passer or creative. Its his shooting that stands out and his movement isn't all that.

That said making him the focal point of the team might revive him. A defensive minded midfielder, a creative player and a speedy athletic winger or striker(depending on where Auba is positioned) should go a long way to support him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
@Toby Andrl what do you think of Borna Sosa and is he an option for us to back up Tierney? I don't know anything about him, but his name reminds me of Kaiser Soze and I think that's cool.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@Toby Andrl what do you think of Borna Sosa and is he an option for us to back up Tierney? I don't know anything about him, but his name reminds me of Kaiser Soze and I think that's cool.

Not ready yet for a move. He's been very hot and cold these last two years and only is finding his ability to put in solid and good performances consistently this season - for a BL midtable team, mind you. I like him, he's really taken a few steps further this season but that's about his level right now. And he's far more of a wingback than a fullback.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Udinese are 15th, he's 26 and ready for a move, can play no. 10 or deeper in midfield, good technique and creative ability, allows ESR to develop, maybe there's a deal to be done there.

Should offer them a 6m loan with option of a one year loan with obligation to buy if he plays more than 38.5 pl games

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Obviously the drawbacks are that Rodrigo de Paul is a terrible name and he looks like a walking sex-tape scandal, but i'm willing to look past such superficialities.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Obviously the drawbacks are that Rodrigo de Paul is a terrible name and he looks like a walking sex-tape scandal, but i'm willing to look past such superficialities.
Well I raise you with Marcel - an Austrian with a man bun and delicate mustache+goatee

Top Bottom