• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
In: Ryan, Mukiele, Buchanan, Gravenberch, Ødegaard, Isak
Out: Runarsson, Bellerin, Luiz, Chambers, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, Willian, Nelson, Lacazette

Leno (Ryan)
Mukiele (Cedric) - Saliba (Holding) - Gabriel (Mari / Ballard) - Tierney (Buchanan)
Partey (Willock) - Gravenberch (Xhaka / Azeez)
Saka (u23) - Ødegaard (ESR) - Pepe (Martinelli)
Aubameyang (Isak / Balogun)​

Trying to be somewhat realistic with limited funds. Should be able to achieve this with a net spend near zero. Don't think we can spend much more given our dire financial situation.

Put Isak as substitute, just to fit the scheme. I think the Saka, Ødegaard, ESR, Pepe, Martinelli, Auba and Isak allow for a lot of flexibility in how you set it up. 3 can play on the right, two in the middle, 3 on the left and 3 strikers.

I expect one more season out of Aubameyang and the new striker we buy can be rotated and accomodated by letting Auba play from the left on ocassion. Should be plenty of playing time for all.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dasilva seems to be one of the best CMs in the Championship. He's a year older than Willock. Do you think if Willock was playing for a dominant team in the Championship for a year he'd also be getting the hype that Dasilva has got this season? Essentially i'm asking whether Dasilva is better than Willock or is he just playing at a lower level with more minutes than Willock.
I think it's touch and go between the two of them. Dasilva has had the benefit of playing more football, albeit at a slightly lower level. I'd say he's a much more steady and developed player at this point in his development, while Willock is much more raw due to much less football - he's had a lot of appearances, but most of them have been scant sub appearances.

I do think that Willock would get a similar level of hype if he was playing Championship football as he's capable of the same type of driving runs and scoring goals (albeit not quite as spectacular) and he's a capable passer at his best.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Out: Runarsson, Bellerin, Luiz, Chambers, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, Willian, Nelson, Lacazette

Leno (Ryan)
Mukiele (Cedric) - Saliba (Holding) - Gabriel (Mari / Ballard) - Tierney (Buchanan)

Trying to be somewhat realistic with limited funds. Should be able to achieve this with a net spend near zero. Don't think we can spend much more given our dire financial situation.

Put Isak as substitute, just to fit the scheme. I think the Saka, Ødegaard, ESR, Pepe, Martinelli, Auba and Isak allow for a lot of flexibility in how you set it up. 3 can play on the right, two in the middle, 3 on the left and 3 strikers.

I expect one more season out of Aubameyang and the new striker we buy can be rotated and accomodated by letting Auba play from the left on ocassion. Should be plenty of playing time for all.

I'd love Gravenberch but feel like it's not realistic, do you think there's any chance Ajax would sell this summer? Also as i understand he's been playing as a LCM in a 4-3-3, you think he could play in a pivot?

Maybe Gravenberch is just such a huge talent that it doesn't matter whether he's a direct Xhaka replacement or not, you just go and buy him.

Jack_The_Lad

That possibly is slightly feasible. Sancho has more output, but I don't think he is definitely better than Saka.

I'd genuinely rather Zaha than Sancho, but actually have faith that Pepe is a top player waiting to explode.

Pepe plus 60-70m for Sancho is bad business.

Reiss Nelson plus say 25m for Zaha is much smarter.

Wouldn't do a deal like that for Sancho obviously. Pepe does have more value than that. I also think he's better than he's shown so far, which is why I believe there is big value for a swap. Give him the right set up and team and he'll perform better.

Personally, I'm not too big a fan of Wilf. He's got the physical attributes and is technically gifted, however has never brought his full potential to the pitch.

Biggest point of me wishlisting this deal is us getting a right-footed LW. Also, Dortmund could use a left-footer. It's just that having a 72m player as a rotation option isn't feasible. Swapping him and some money for Sancho would have our wings sorted for a while.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I also like the idea of Depay, first of all no transfer fee, going into his peak, big character etc, but also he's a big creative force too as well as someone who can score. I'm not sure i'd play that first formation though because I suspect you don't have enough finishers. If we brought in Depay the logical thing would be to play Auba on the left who could then run into the space that Depay vacates in the middle. Saka/Ode/ESR/Depay is maybe too many creators without a clinical finisher.

I still like the idea of having a proper no. 9 though.
Yeah I was switching between Auba and ESR several times, as I was thinking the exact same, before just settling on one. It might be down to my own bias against our poor output in terms of high quality chances I lean towards creators :drool:

It would make sense for Auba to have that space to run into as well as Depay likes dropping down to a left inside forward position. Especially in possession when trying to unlock teams

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Leno (Ryan)

Yh I like this. I went even more low-key as Inkind of expect us to get very little from sales and I’m not sure how the market will play out.

Gravenberch just seems sooo full of potential. What do you think it would take for Ajax to sell?

Dutch D

I'd love Gravenberch but feel like it's not realistic, do you think there's any chance Ajax would sell this summer? Also as i understand he's been playing as a LCM in a 4-3-3, you think he could play in a pivot?

Maybe Gravenberch is just such a huge talent that it doesn't matter whether he's a direct Xhaka replacement or not, you just go and buy him.
Yh I like this. I went even more low-key as Inkind of expect us to get very little from sales and I’m not sure how the market will play out.

Gravenberch just seems sooo full of potential. What do you think it would take for Ajax to sell?
I, unfortunately, think he will be sold by Ajax this summer because he has two years left on his contract (big wages already) and has Raiola as his agent so it will be difficult for Ajax to extend, which means he'll likely be sold. I reckon it would take between €30-40m.

I think he could play both in a double pivot as well as a LCM in a 4-3-3. He doesn't have the pure defensive qualities of an outright DM, but he can fight for the ball and has a good frame. Brilliant technicique on the ball. On balance it might mean Partey has to do a little bit more defensively compared to when he would be paired up with a Laimer/Camavinga/Mandala type, but they could work together.

I would just like for Arsenal to finally pick up a big Ajax talent instead of them always going to our rivals (or Barca/Juve).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I, unfortunately, think he will be sold by Ajax this summer because he has two years left on his contract (big wages already) and has Raiola as his agent so it will be difficult for Ajax to extend, which means he'll likely be sold. I reckon it would take between €30-40m.

I think he could play both in a double pivot as well as a LCM in a 4-3-3. He doesn't have the pure defensive qualities of an outright DM, but he can fight for the ball and has a good frame. Brilliant technicique on the ball. On balance it might mean Partey has to do a little bit more defensively compared to when he would be paired up with a Laimer/Camavinga/Mandala type, but they could work together.

I would just like for Arsenal to finally pick up a big Ajax talent instead of them always going to our rivals (or Barca/Juve).
I agree. I would have taken VdB as an Aouar alternative. I think he's too good to be a bench player at Utd. Despite our connections with Ajax (Overmars and Bergkamp) we simply don't use our resources often enough. Frenkie De Jong is my favourite midfielder right now and we were never even linked with him.

I think with the financial situation of most teams we should really push for Gravenberch but if he doesn't happen, what are your thoughts on Ajax's new signing Kudus? Seems like a more athletic and robust Wilshere. Seeing him line up with Partey would be amazing. Probably a similar midfield duo to the Song-Wilshere one a few years back.

Dutch D

I agree. I would have taken VdB as an Aouar alternative. I think he's too good to be a bench player at Utd. Despite our connections with Ajax (Overmars and Bergkamp) we simply don't use our resources often enough. Frenkie De Jong is my favourite midfielder right now and we were never even linked with him.

I think with the financial situation of most teams we should really push for Gravenberch but if he doesn't happen, what are your thoughts on Ajax's new signing Kudus? Seems like a more athletic and robust Wilshere. Seeing him line up with Partey would be amazing. Probably a similar midfield duo to the Song-Wilshere one a few years back.
I like Kudus, talented guy, but he's had some bad luck with injuries this year. Needs a full fit year at Ajax at least. He needs to show he can dominate the midfield in the Eredivisie and do well in Europe.

I expect a lot from him, but not ready for Arsenal for a while.

Breezy ®

Naci Unuvar is another potentially world class talent at Ajax id love to see us pick up. Gravenberch would be an immense signing for us though.

Dutch D

Naci Unuvar is another potentially world class talent at Ajax id love to see us pick up. Gravenberch would be an immense signing for us though.
Man, people on here are way too premature at times. He's a massive talent who hasn't featured in the first squad and is having a mediocre season in the reserves. Let talents first show they can step up to senior football before considering them. I do rate him though, crazy technique.

benjamin86

Established Member

Ødegaard and Gravenberch would probably be my top 2 signings this summer. Sign those 2 and suddenly we're the "exciting young team" that "gives youth a chance" and we're rebranded as the up and comers.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Let's say we play 4-2-3-1 next season, you have basically 4 attacking positions. Let's say right now we have Auba, Laca, Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, Willian, Ødegaard and ESR. 8 players for 4 positions, cool.

I think there are enough creators there, but not enough goalscorers. Laca never has been, Auba is but let's be honest he's on the way down, Martinelli could be but it's a project, and Pepe could be but he's inconsistent. The other 4 can chip in but none of them are goalscorers imo.

Seems the path of least resistance would be to sell Laca and replace with a younger, better goalscorer, preferably one who can play the 9 role.

benjamin86

Established Member
Let's say we play 4-2-3-1 next season, you have basically 4 attacking positions. Let's say right now we have Auba, Laca, Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, Willian, Ødegaard and ESR. 8 players for 4 positions, cool.

I think there are enough creators there, but not enough goalscorers. Laca never has been, Auba is but let's be honest he's on the way down, Martinelli could be but it's a project, and Pepe could be but he's inconsistent. The other 4 can chip in but none of them are goalscorers imo.

Seems the path of least resistance would be to sell Laca and replace with a younger, better goalscorer, preferably one who can play the 9 role.
Lacazette is also on last year of his contract this summer, same with Nketiah. I would probably sell both; buy a replacement for Lacazette and promote Balogun (if he signs) or Moller if he doesnt.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom