• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes, he's fantastic. He'd be a perfect Firmino replacement at Liverpool, imo. Just personally I like the idea of having a different type of striker to what we already have, so someone like Vlahovic.
I see Vlahovic similar to auba/laca/nketiah. I might be wrong, because to be honest, I didn’t watch much of him. They are all goalscorer to me, which offer almost nothing other than just scoring goals.

(I know people consider lacazette offers more than just scoring goals, but I don’t think that is significant enough, he is still to much of a poacher to me. Especially if you compare him to Firmino, Son, Benzema, Suarez, Van Persie......you know, that type of player.......not talking about the level of player here, I’m talking about the playing style)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I see Vlahovic similar to auba/laca/nketiah. I might be wrong, because to be honest, I didn’t watch much of him. They are all goalscorer to me, which offer almost nothing other than just scoring goals.

(I know people consider lacazette offers more than just scoring goals, but I don’t think that is significant enough, he is still to much of a poacher to me. Especially if you compare him to Firmino, Son, Benzema, Suarez, Van Persie......you know, that type of player.......not talking about the level of player here, I’m talking about the playing style)

Ok, well i'm not an expert but I'd say Vlahovic also offers an aerial threat and hold-up play. You can play the ball into his feet or onto his head and he'll keep possession for you. He's very energetic, he'll run all day long. He can bully defenders. This is something Auba/Martinelli/Balogun don't have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aarons, Bissouma, Buendia, Edouard, plus a back-up GK and LB. Get it all done by July.

I could get on board with the first three but I think Edouard isn't good enough and would be fairly silly due to having Laca/Auba/Balogun.

Buendia could cost a small fortune now though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I could get on board with the first three but I think Edouard isn't good enough and would be fairly silly due to having Laca/Auba/Balogun.

Where do you get the idea Edouard isn't good enough? He'd be a Laca replacement, anyway. Balogun i'm guessing is a Nketiah replacement, or he could go out on loan for a year. Also Edouard would be pretty cheap, unlike guys like Isak or Vlahovic.

Sure, but instead of chasing a pipe dream in Grealish, send that money to Norwich for Buendia and Aarons. Two birds one stone, and you've sorted the right-hand side.

All 4 of those players know British football, are young, and would come to Arsenal as a clear step up. They all fit the right profile. They would be sensible transfers.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Where do you get the idea Edouard isn't good enough? He'd be a Laca replacement, anyway. Balogun i'm guessing is a Nketiah replacement, or he could go out on loan for a year. Also Edouard would be pretty cheap, unlike guys like Isak or Vlahovic.

Sure, but instead of chasing a pipe dream in Grealish, send that money to Norwich for Buendia and Aarons. Two birds one stone, and you've sorted the right-hand side.

All 4 of those players know British football, are young, and would come to Arsenal as a clear step up. They all fit the right profile. They would be sensible transfers.
Edouard looks better on the ball than Isak or Vlahovic.

Gn1212

He will now that he is called up for Argentina. Goodness me if they see what a baller he is he may help them win Copa America and then others will join in to get him as well. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, I like Edouard as Laca's replacement. The reported £15m is a steal in my books. If it doesn't work out he'll maintain his value still.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Bentancur, Buendia, Matheus França (young RB from Flamengo he would be cheap), Milenkovic, backup LB, Matheus Cunha from Hertha.

Forwards: Auba, Cunha, Balogun
Wingers/AtMids: Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Brandt, ESR
Mids: Locatelli, Partey, Elneny, Xhaka
WBs: Tierney, new Player, Matheus França, Cedric
Defenders: Gabriel, Mari, Milenkovic, Saliba, Chambers
GK: Leno, Ryan

It is all possible for Arsenal if they have nearly 200M this summer to buy class players.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I do wonder though if we could keep Ødegaard, maybe loan with obligation to buy next year, AND buy another creative player, whether it's a midfielder or winger. Y'know, the more the merrier, like City but on a more modest scale.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I do wonder though if we could keep Ødegaard, maybe loan with obligation to buy next year, AND buy another creative player, whether it's a midfielder or winger. Y'know, the more the merrier, like City but on a more modest scale.

Ødegaard hasn't really done much to suggest we should keep, ESR has been much, we need to replace Ødegaard with a permanent signing, like Buendia imo.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard hasn't really done much to suggest we should keep, ESR has been much, we need to replace Ødegaard with a permanent signing, like Buendia imo.

If they decide to do that I wouldn't have any complaints at all, Buendia would be amazing 100%. Just get the sense there's more to come from Ødegaard, and we've been complaining for ages about the lack of technical competence in the squad compared to the days of peak Wengerball, and Ødegaard is technically very very good. Not many players could make that assist yesterday. But yeah there are question marks over his physique, agility and explosiveness, for me.

But if we could get him on another loan, and buy an Aouar or Buendia, then why not? City have Foden, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Bernardo and Gundogan. They have 7 top class creative players. We could have Saka, ESR, Pepe, Ødegaard, another creative player, (and Willian I guess).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If they decide to do that I wouldn't have any complaints at all, Buendia would be amazing 100%. Just get the sense there's more to come from Ødegaard, and we've been complaining for ages about the lack of technical competence in the squad compared to the days of peak Wengerball, and Ødegaard is technically very very good. Not many players could make that assist yesterday. But yeah there are question marks over his physique, agility and explosiveness, for me.

But if we could get him on another loan, and buy an Aouar or Buendia, then why not? City have Foden, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Bernardo and Gundogan. They have 7 top class creative players. We could have Saka, ESR, Pepe, Ødegaard, another creative player, (and Willian I guess).

I

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saw something on twitter that makes a lot of sense with Ødegaard.

Ødegaard is that guy who you buy when your team is 90% complete, he'd be excellent at City for example, but for us right now Buendia is the better option as he simply offers so much more and he's ready made. For a midfielder of his stature to ball out in the championship like he did is impressive. And of course he was excellent in the PL last time out as well. Ødegaard will be excellent but he needs a while to adapt.

Top Bottom