• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes. Look at all the openings and pre assists. He’s so intelligent with his use and execution of the ball. Most Arsenal fans just seem to want a numbers fiend in that position though.
That's because we need numbers tbf. Our biggest issue is the lack of good chance creation and lack of goals. Ødegaard IMO has the talent to get those numbers but he's not quite there yet. Talented but need to see more.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That's because we need numbers tbf. Our biggest issue is the lack of good chance creation and lack of goals. Ødegaard IMO has the talent to get those numbers but he's not quite there yet. Talented but need to see more.

Yeah I think when you see the numbers guys like Bruno put up that's exactly what you want here and many including myself thought Buendia could do that. I wish we saw more of Ødegaard, his injury was unfortunate but I'm starting to think he'll be the one we sign.

Don't think we're at the stage where we can afford a player who'll come in and just do Bruno numbers, or even half for that matter. Odegaards adaption to the PL was impressive.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Lots of questions marks over Martin O'Daggard, but pretty safe to assume he's going to be an elite passer of the ball. Sean De Paul to me seems like the guy who could elevate the midfield straight away, but maybe he's just one of them that does best in Italy or Spain. Martin is a good fit at Arsenal on a human level, which should be taken into consideration.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Newest thinking based on developments with Ødegaard, De Paul and others

Onana
Baku
Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Sabitzer Partey Aouar
Pépé Depay Saka

Leno
Chambers Holding Mari Malacia
Lokonga
Guendouzi ESR
Olise Auba Martinelli

Except for the bolded additions it should be one in, one out. So if Saliba goes, bring a rcb. Leno goes bring in a 2nd gk etc

OUTS
Xhaka
Mavropanos
Bellerin
Cedric
Elneny
Willian
Laca
Willock (loan)
Nelson (loan)
Balogun (loan)
Nketiah (loan)

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Spinazzola, ok yes it's very reactionary on the back of two games but he could be seen as competition to Tierney who's already had a lot of injury concerns. Could probably play LWB given how offensive he is with Tierney LCB either. Because he's right-footed I assume he could play on the other side with ease too.

Harry Hunter

Onana - quality goalkeeper available for cheap, keep Leno until he is able to play.

Trippier - Our defence is pretty inexperienced as it is, replacing a vegan lesbian for a la liga winning england international who can also play left back is a good move imo. Would also piss off sp*rs.

Boateng - Free transfer, experienced player, can start while Saliba is eased in.

Sambi Lokonga - honestly don’t know much about him, but good age, Belgian international and looks like a smart signing, also recommended by Thierry Henry.

Sabitzer - quality player available for cheap as contract expiring, club captain and can play different positions, also scores bangers.

Coutinho - would love grealish but is not gonna happen, we get a once £142 million player for less than £20 million, can also play left winger.

Backup goalkeeper and left back - preferably young, homegrown however be able to come in to the side and put in a shift, especially with Tierney’s injury record.

Auba
Saka Coutinho Pepe
Sabitzer Partey
Tierney Gabriel Boateng Trippier
Onana

Lacazette/Balogun
Martinelli ESR Nelson
Willock Lokonga/Azeez
??? Mari Saliba AMN
???

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Auba
ESR-Madders-Saka
Camavinga-Partey
Tierney-Saliba-White-Chambers
Onana
I believe it everyone is fit and Arteta doesn’t do any dumb sh#t top 4 is doable.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Have been thinking about some tactical options that we would have with the players that have been linked. Think it's unlikely that Arteta is considering a 3-4-3 formation, but it would offer flexibility to put out a strong counter attacking team against the top sides, switching to a 4-2-3-1 against most of the rest of the league. I'd like to see a lean group of 22 or so players getting lots of minutes and being used in combinations that bring the best out of each other.

3-4-3 Counter Attacking Set-up

Leno/Onana

White -
Saliba - Tierney

Willock - Partey - Neves - Saka

Pepe - Laca - Martinelli

If players can carry over their form and build on it this could be a really dangerous setup. The back 3 are mobile and able to bring play out and build from the back. White and Tierney can overlap with Willock or Saka during any buildup.

Saka can run with the ball and has a dangerous cross from left wingback. Willock has the freedom to operate as a 3rd midfielder or as a runner into the box as an additional goal threat. Pepe and Martinelli provide the width and goal threat going wide or centrally as needed. Laca drops deep when needed to link play with Partey / Neves.

4-2-3-1
Possession based attacking Setup

Leno/Onana

Chambers- Holding - Gabriel - Tierney

Partey - Neves

Saka - Maddison - ESR

Auba

In this setup I've rotated the CB's just to show the squad depth but the key change is in attack where three creative players sit behind Auba to maximize the chance creation for him. Maddison should also provide some goals and a further setpiece threat with Saka & ESR building on their output from last year

Lokonga and Willock would be on the bench as the backup midfield options. We may sign a backup left back (Doig?) and possibly a first team RB although there haven't been many links yet.

I think there is a lot of potential in that squad if we get some form and luck next year (and manage to sign / release the right players this summer)

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Have been thinking about some tactical options that we would have with the players that have been linked. Think it's unlikely that Arteta is considering a 3-4-3 formation, but it would offer flexibility to put out a strong counter attacking team against the top sides, switching to a 4-2-3-1 against most of the rest of the league. I'd like to see a lean group of 22 or so players getting lots of minutes and being used in combinations that bring the best out of each other.

3-4-3 Counter Attacking Set-up

Leno/Onana

White -
Saliba - Tierney

Willock - Partey - Neves - Saka

Pepe - Laca - Martinelli

If players can carry over their form and build on it this could be a really dangerous setup. The back 3 are mobile and able to bring play out and build from the back. White and Tierney can overlap with Willock or Saka during any buildup.

Saka can run with the ball and has a dangerous cross from left wingback. Willock has the freedom to operate as a 3rd midfielder or as a runner into the box as an additional goal threat. Pepe and Martinelli provide the width and goal threat going wide or centrally as needed. Laca drops deep when needed to link play with Partey / Neves.

4-2-3-1
Possession based attacking Setup

Leno/Onana

Chambers- Holding - Gabriel - Tierney

Partey - Neves

Saka - Maddison - ESR

Auba

In this setup I've rotated the CB's just to show the squad depth but the key change is in attack where three creative players sit behind Auba to maximize the chance creation for him. Maddison should also provide some goals and a further setpiece threat with Saka & ESR building on their output from last year

Lokonga and Willock would be on the bench as the backup midfield options. We may sign a backup left back (Doig?) and possibly a first team RB although there haven't been many links yet.

I think there is a lot of potential in that squad if we get some form and luck next year (and manage to sign / release the right players this summer)
Two things on the first line-up.
1) I don't really see it with Willock in that position. I'd really like to have an overlapping rwb in a 3-4-3 and would have gone with AMN out of our current players. ESR if he's leaving. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though

2) I still think we need some playmaking capacity and would probably put Maddison in Martinelli's place and have him operate a bit like Mount is for Chelsea in that exact position. I think Mount is one of the main keys that make the setup work for Chelsea.

Second line-up looks ok, but I think what's really highlighted in the two is the absolute need for reinforcement at rb/rwb

Nice post, got me a bit excited and I feel it's time to accept White and roll with it 😊

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Two things on the first line-up.
1) I don't really see it with Willock in that position. I'd really like to have an overlapping rwb in a 3-4-3 and would have gone with AMN out of our current players. ESR if he's leaving. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though

2) I still think we need some playmaking capacity and would probably put Maddison in Martinelli's place and have him operate a bit like Mount is for Chelsea in that exact position. I think Mount is one of the main keys that make the setup work for Chelsea.

Second line-up looks ok, but I think what's really highlighted in the two is the absolute need for reinforcement at rb/rwb

Nice post, got me a bit excited and I feel it's time to accept White and roll with it 😊
Cheers, I'm just grateful someone took the time to read my wall of text and comment!

I sort of agree with you on Willock... desperate for him to be given a chance and there is some logic on the right of a midfield 4 - kind of like a Ljungberg style inverted winger. No idea if he's good enough though, or if we'd suffer from a lack of width. Hakimi could have made this formation properly dangerous but that ship looks to have sailed.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
This is my Wish List of Players.
Goalkeeper position seems to be up for debate. I wouldn't mind Kasper Schmeichel. 🇩🇰
A player that is still performing at the top level is Christiano Ronaldo. Could do a job for us. RONALDO 28 shirt when we were in Talks with him. 🇵🇹
Kalvin Phillips, Leeds Utd defensive midfielder. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Aaron Ramsey, double swoop on Juventus. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Romelu Lukaku, started at Chelsea, scored goals at West Bromwich Albion, Everton, Man Utd, Inter Milan and Belgium. 🇧🇪

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Now that we seem to be targetting within the PL, something I'm happy about, providing we target the right players, then for me John McGinn would be a great choice for CM.

He's had a great 2-3 seasons with Villa and was the best player on the pitch when they played us off the park at the Emirates earlier in the season. I genuinely can't remember a bad game he's had for Scotland in the last couple of years either.

Everyone knows how slow and laboured we are in midfield and instead of continuing that with Neves, McGinn's relentless pressing and general quickness with the ball to get things moving would go a long way to improving the pace we play with.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The Ben White bid gives me hope that we are actually planning to spend money this summer.

Out: Holding 15m, Mavropanos 10m, Bellerin 20m, Soares 5m, Xhaka 15m, Torreria 15m, AMN 15m, Willock 30m, Guendouzi 15m, Nketiah 15m, Nelson 15m, Laca 15m

185m

In: Onana 10m, White 40m, Dumfries 20m, Amavi free, Sabitzer 20m, Maddison 60m, Lokonga 20m,

170m

Latest posts+

Top Bottom