• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Zico

Established Member
Some potentially more affordable options from Euro 2008:

Goalkeeper:
Bogdan Lobont

Central Defense:
Denis Kolodin

Midfield:
Ruben De La Red
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Daniele De Rossi

Attack:
Iviva Olic
Johann Elmander

Discuss.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Allow me to borrow the format of quincy's post.
My observation list of affordable options from Euro 2008:

Goalkeeper:
N/A (am I allowed to say Buffon?)

Central Defense:
Simunic (perhaps too old)
Ooijer (the Rover guy, I know...)

Full back:
Lahm (top choice, can play RB and LB)
Grosso (top choice)
Rat
Zhirkov (very impressive in this tournament)

Defensive Midfield:
Toulalan
Inler

Attack:
Moutinho
Arda
Elmander
Silva
Arshavin

Striker:
Podolski
Pavlyuchenko
Klasnic

I would love Wenger to (1) swap Eboue+cash for Lahm and (2) spend 10m on Arda. However, I know (1) is a far far dream though. :mrgreen:

Rahul

My absolute dream signing atm would be De Rossi.Just love that man.

But he is Roma through and through.

Dez

id love to see benzema if ade went but I think zimbabwe will have free and fair elections before benzema is an arsenal player.

Rocafella

Established Member
Rahul said:
My absolute dream signing atm would be De Rossi.Just love that man.

But he is Roma through and through.

I really like De Rossi too, the guy just looks like a psycho. Can put the tackles in but is also technically competent, I think he's got a lot in his locker.

kamikaze80

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Good player. We should have signed him 3 years ago, when Vieira left.
good call, that wouldve been pretty ideal, actually. while we're in the time machine, we shouldve picked up arshavin instead of rosicky and say, vidic instead of senderos.

GoonerAG

In my opinion, we should get:

1- Goalkeeper (probably backup now as Almunia has taken the no. 1 shirt, would've loved Joe Hart personally)
2- Centre back (having followed the 2008 ACN I thought Ghana captain John Mensah was impressive, linked to Wigan recently, and I for one believe he deserves much better than that!)
3- Defensive midfielder- Yaya Toure

Them, along with the hopefully imminent signing of Nasri (I'm bored of all the talk now, we need a confirmation asap or else that's just taking the p*ss if you ask me), and the secured acquisition of Ramsey, and I reckon we'll be tops next season (provided no one leaves)

GaelForce22

Established Member
In reply to GoonerAG in the Diarra thread, I would love him to be here. Has bits of Toure, Flamini and Gilberto about him, is very experienced and he has now won 7 (!) league titles in a row.

No chance in hell of it happening but it is a wish thread.

GoonerAG

Now, I have stated before and every Gooner knows the need for an out and defensive midfielder alongside Cesc for the upcoming campaign!

I believe that Yaya Touré, along with Diarra are the best options that can be realistically targeted!

I mean Diarra is 27, so at a very important age and at his professional peak, and doesn't lack anything! Speed, power, positioning sense, passing, a powerful shot on him, he's got the lot!

He hasn't been used as much as he would've liked to, or indeed as much as he deserves to at Real, having had his place taken by Guti.

Now Real might have bought him for £24m, however, today is a different story and I reckon £10m maximum would be reasonable, especially that Schuster is apparently willing to sell!

What does everyone think?

But yeah GaelForce22 Diarra has not played much at the Bernabeu especially last season and so I think we do have a chance if we go for him, particularly that Schuster apparently told him that he is not in his plans, as he looks to have youngsters such as de la Red as backup for Guti and Baptista! So I definitely think bidding for Diarra is worth a shout, and a realistic one!

USgooner

diarra would cost more than 10 i think. around 15. no one costs ten anymore and if we can get him it would have to be because real is selling players to finance ****face

go49oner

Established Member
That tall Russian striker (forgot his name) thought he was outstanding throughout this tournament, and would be good replacement for Adebayor ( if he leaves) How old is he?

GoonerAG

raidersoftheark said:
Gomes to Sp**s for peanuts?

This f****g club somethimes...

Gomes is a very good keeper it has to be said, however, Wenger seems to be set on keeping Almunia as his number 1!

Personally, I would've loved to have Boruc or Hart between the sticks next season...

number_0

Established Member
Not hart, to unexperianced, maybe in 5 years,boruc is a great jens replacement, the way he rubs on people really unsettles them and makes them shot straight at him.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
go49oner said:
That tall Russian striker (forgot his name) thought he was outstanding throughout this tournament, and would be good replacement for Adebayor ( if he leaves) How old is he?
Google 'Tall Russian striker' you lazy bum... (j/k) Do you mean Pavlyuchenko? If so, he's 26.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom