• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He's out for a bit but a cheeky loan move for Arthur Melo might not be a bad idea. Kind of deep lying playmaker that could take Xhaka's role. Not sure why it hasn't worked out for him at Juventus but he's a very talented footballer and I rate his ability. Suspect defensively but could be much more useful than Xhaka alongside Thomas in games where we need more quality through the middle in possession.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards is expected to step down from his position after the current season following a hugely successful period with the Anfield club.

Edwards’ existing contract is scheduled to end next summer and he is believed to have informed the Liverpool hierarchy of his intention to move on, although the situation has yet to be finalised.

Amicable discussions are thought to have been happening internally for some time and while it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Edwards signs a new deal, the anticipation is he will exit. No other teams are said to be involved in the decision and Liverpool would still find themselves in good shape, having promoted Julian Ward to the role of assistant sporting director last December.

Ward is highly regarded in the game and has become an increasingly visible and influential figure at Liverpool, working alongside the likes of Edwards, manager Jurgen Klopp and recruitment staff.

But the departure of Edwards would arrive as a surprise to many, given his emergence as such an important figure since joining Liverpool in November 2011 as head of performance and analysis. He progressed to director of technical performance and then technical director before the post as sporting director, which Edwards has occupied since November 2016 to no shortage of acclaim.

GettyImages-1193718299.jpg

Edwards (left) with Jurgen Klopp and FSG’s Mike Gordon (Photo: John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
One of the main architects behind Liverpool’s rise under owners Fenway Sports Group, Edwards has played an enormous part in helping build the football operation that saw the club secure a sixth European Cup in 2019 and end their 30-year wait for an English league title the next season.

Having experienced a low-key playing career at Peterborough United, Edwards earned a degree in informatics and was employed by Harry Redknapp as an analyst with Portsmouth in 2003. He rejoined Redknapp in 2009 at Tottenham, where chairman Daniel Levy trusted Edwards to reshape the analysis department. They went on to achieve Champions League qualification for the first time and Edwards was later taken to Liverpool by then director of football Damien Comolli.

Edwards soon formed part of Liverpool’s “transfer committee” and was involved in some of the Merseysiders’ most impressive transfers, including the acquisitions of Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk, Alisson Becker, Sadio Mane, Andy Robertson and Georginio Wijnaldum.

Perhaps even more notable has been Edwards’ extraordinary record for generating huge profits via sales, most famously Philippe Coutinho’s transfer to Barcelona in a deal worth £142 million. More recently he has overseen fresh contracts for Van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho and Allison — enhancing his reputation among the industry’s leading behind-the-scenes operators.

My only wishlist signing. Please save this club abeg.

Tomb Bombadil

Transfersummer 2021 wishlist:

In:
  • New Coach
  • Onana £10m
  • Aarons £30m
  • Tavares £7m
  • Saliba
  • Baoteng
  • CM: AMN
  • Bissouma £30m
  • Ødegaard £30m

Out:
Runarson, Mari, Kolasinac, Bellerin, Xhaka/Elneny, Willock, Torreira, Willian, Nketiah

Wryer

Bring back Jacky boy.

If anything - as a reminder to those out of form, unmotivated players on huge wages - you count your lucky stars at Arsenal. Wake up.

Joestlaachmkr

Many fans talk about wanting Alex Isak wearing the Gunners shirt. But i’m not so sure about his qualities, Isak are not a player with strong pace and he’s not a physical player. A great young talent, for sure. But i don’t think Isak is any better than what a striker such as Tammy Abraham is.

ThePortugueseGunner

Many fans talk about wanting Alex Isak wearing the Gunners shirt. But i’m not so sure about his qualities, Isak are not a player with strong pace and he’s not a physical player. A great young talent, for sure. But i don’t think Isak is any better than what a striker such as Tammy Abraham is.
I'll have to disagree. I saw Isak do things in the Euros that Abraham, for example, could only wish he could do - I don't think you can really compare them, though, two different types of striker.

Isak is a baller, and I think he has everything to become a top-level footballer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Next summer it's all about a striker. Recruitment department better be starting their scouting already cos that one purchase has to be a hit.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'll have to disagree. I saw Isak do things in the Euros that Abraham, for example, could only wish he could do - I don't think you can really compare them, though, two different types of striker.

Isak is a baller, and I think he has everything to become a top-level footballer.
Yeah, I'd strongly disagree there too, Isak is a very talented footballer and striker, in terms of technique and quality there's not much comparison between him and Tammy Abraham, for me. There's been a number of games for la Real where I've watched him and thought this guy can really become a world class striker.

Anyways, starting to think Carlos Soler might be someone to seriously consider as a partner alongside Thomas. When he first came on he was a big prospect, then I soured on him a bit thinking maybe he'd never have the level to get to a top team, but now he is really putting in some good performances. He's playing a little bit higher up, but he's a hard working player and with his experience working under very defensive managers like Marcelino, Gracia, and now Bordalás, he's someone who ticks the boxes for both an 8 comfortable on the ball and capable defensively and tactically. More so than Arthur Melo, for sure, another player I mentioned as a potential option to partner Thomas, though tbf Arthur has a quality and elegance on the ball that few can match.

Joestlaachmkr

Their numbers (expected goals/assists pr game) are about the same, with Isak being just slightly ahead of Abraham. But Isak also played more games, and got more playing time than what Abraham did at Chelsea last season. I would also say that the EPL is a harder, more difficult league to score goals in compared to La Liga. Orherwise, i agree that Isak & Abraham are two very different footballers/strikers.

Isak reminds me in many ways of a young Kanu.. both Kanu & Isak was/are great talents, but both of them lacked/lacks one thing: pace and physical strength.

db10fan

Their numbers (expected goals/assists pr game) are about the same, with Isak being just slightly ahead of Abraham. But Isak also played more games, and got more playing time than what Abraham did at Chelsea last season. I would also say that the EPL is a harder, more difficult league to score goals in compared to La Liga. Orherwise, i agree that Isak & Abraham are two very different footballers/strikers.

Isak reminds me in many ways of a young Kanu.. both Kanu & Isak was/are great talents, but both of them lacked/lacks one thing: pace and physical strength.

Isak is more an Auba with less pace, less off the ball movement to scoring positions, less defensive work (although this is because Auba is asked to play almost as LWB) but better dribbling/ball carrying, slightly better hold up play and slightly better aerially. Auba on form properly used will score more than Isak, unless Isak improves massively. But if we are willing to let Isak devellop here for another 1-2 seasons then he is good candidate to replace Auba.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Isak actually has a lot of pace and pretty good acceleration as well. I agree with the physicality, although I think he's getting slightly underrated there because of his appearance with being being very tall and quite skinny.

I still think another year in La Liga would serve him well and he'd still need to put on some muscle if he's to make a move to PL. Exciting young forward nonetheless that has potential to really become a complete forward.

TinFish

If we just got Jude Bellingham (i dunno how much he would be, 50 - 60 million?) and Tomiyasu I think that would have been a better window overall. Sell the dead wood :lol:

Joestlaachmkr

Isak actually has a lot of pace and pretty good acceleration as well. I agree with the physicality, although I think he's getting slightly underrated there because of his appearance with being being very tall and quite skinny.

I still think another year in La Liga would serve him well and he'd still need to put on some muscle if he's to make a move to PL. Exciting young forward nonetheless that has potential to really become a complete forward.
Isak has averrage pace, i would say.

He’s a great young striker, but i just don’t think he’s worth £50-100m. There are better, cheaper, options out there for that price.

EDIT: I have no idea how i managed to quote your post twice.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Isak has averrage pace, i would say.

He’s a great young striker, but i just don’t think he’s worth £50-100m. There are better, cheaper, options out there for that price.

EDIT: I have no idea how i managed to quote your post twice.
Is he as quick as Auba? Maybe not but he's very quick, that's for sure.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom